Carlo Ancelotti | Real Madrid manager

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Weird from Real, weird from him if he goes back there.

Everton would be better off with a younger hungrier manager anyway. He's been a disappoint in truth, even if he's been able to help attract some good players.
I think last season was a very difficult one to gauge managers from generally. All clubs had patches of being atrocious and only the ones with some good depth came out with some good credibility. I can point to West Ham & Leeds who outperformed Everton but aside from that they are where I'd expect them to be.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think last season was a very difficult one to gauge managers from generally. All clubs had patches of being atrocious and only the ones with some good depth came out with some good credibility. I can point to West Ham & Leeds who outperformed Everton but aside from that they are where I'd expect them to be.
Isn't Eddie Howe an Everton fan?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
This may be good thing for Everton, they have some good players, bring in good manager and they may improve next season.
If Ancelotti goes, I imagine some of the good players will want to go too. Guess the hope for Everton was that Ancelotti would stick around a couple more seasons, attracting a higher profile of player than Everton would usually sign and make a push for a European spot - which they were four points off doing this season.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He underperformed last season. Everton didn’t really have any European games unlike Spurs/Arsenal.
He should have finished 6th/7th but that’s about it. You can’t expect anyone with that squad to finish in the top 5.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He underperformed last season. Everton didn’t really have any European games unlike Spurs/Arsenal.
He should have finished 6th/7th but that’s about it. You can’t expect anyone with that squad to finish in the top 5.
A lot of good managers underperformed last season. He only finished 2 points off 6th/7th so the point is neither here nor there. I think a lot of posts rule him out like he's not cut out for a rebuild or that he's just some upmarket Sam Alardyce without actually understanding much about his record or going deeper into his performances and conditions.

tomaldinho1

He has failed at every club so far and gets rewarded with yet another (probably) lucrative contract.
Once you have made it to the top, you fall very cosily - that's "professional" football for you.
He was incredible but he’s never been forced to adapt because he keeps landing amazing jobs. Basically a media friendly and non controversial Mourinho. Was world class but hasn’t been for some time now.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
A lot of good managers underperformed last season. He only finished 2 points off 6th/7th so the point is neither here nor there. I think a lot of posts rule him out like he's not cut out for a rebuild or that he's just some upmarket Sam Alardyce without actually understanding much about his record or going deeper into his performances and conditions.
I like him a lot but I can understand the doubts. His league record / finishes even with top clubs in Italy in the past were at times below average.
But he was definitely among the best managers. It remains to be seen if he still has it.

dinostar77

Everton arent gonna let him go cheaply if at all. Moshiri will put up a fight. If he does go then everton need to target a calibre of manager similar to ancelotti not take a few steps down and go for "i need to be near the beach" eddie howe.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
No tears shed here. He was largely rubbish.

Let's get in a actual coach next time. Someone who makes a difference on the training pitch.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Was going to say Ancelotti leaving would be a blessing in disguise because he clearly wasn't the man for such a long-term job.

And then I saw the reports about Moyes :lol::lol::lol:

It's probably Howe though, makes sense why the Celtic talks broke down, his agent caught wind of this.

Last edited:

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Santo, Moyes and Howe is an awful shortlist.

If it wasn't obvious before, Moshiri has no plan or idea of what he wants the team to look like. They just chase after whatever manager is shiny or in vogue when the appointment is needed. Koeman to Allardyce to Silva (almost paid £20million for him) to Ancelotti to one of them three. No cohesion.

rotherham_red

Nuno would be a good pick, I reckon.

EDIT - just seen posts saying its underwhelming. I don't know how? Nuno is a good manager. He's just been screwed by Covid. Had the longest season of any team the season before this one just gone, played nonstop after lockdown and then had arguably his 2nd best player taken from him last season before his undisputedly best player getting a freak injury. He's probably never going to the very top, but he is a damn good manager, and for a club like Everton, I can't think of many (if any) who are a) attainable and b) better.

redshaw

Allegri back at Juve, Ancelotti back at Madrid and Moyes back Everton.

Lingard to Everton and he can stay in the North West, everyone's a winner

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Hope they go all out for Graham Potter, think he'd be an excellent appointment.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think Howe is the obvious choice and a logical next step in his career.

He got Bournemouth playing some good stuff, will be interesting to see how he fares with a better standard of player.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Santo, Moyes and Howe is an awful shortlist.

If it wasn't obvious before, Moshiri has no plan or idea of what he wants the team to look like. They just chase after whatever manager is shiny or in vogue when the appointment is needed. Koeman to Allardyce to Silva (almost paid £20million for him) to Ancelotti to one of them three. No cohesion.
Feeling triggered by this! :lol: Every year since Sir Alex retired now flashing before my eyes.

Moyes?

I can't see David Moyes or Everton being interested in that move.
no chance Moyes goes to Everton after this season. Last year he would have jumped at the opportunity. Not now. He’s probably disappointed that Real didn’t call him.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Nuno Espírito Santo is probably going to take a sabbatical year. He refused to renew with Wolves due to a burnout.

No Love

They’re bringin’ Moyesy back (yeah)
Them other boys don’t know how to act (yeah)

Alright, they’re probably not, but it would be delightful if they did.