Height: 185cm
Squad Number: #18
Position: Midfield - Defensive Midfield
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Best of You Agency
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2026
Contract option: Option for a further year​

OmarUnited4ever

is he being prepared for vice-captain role behind Bruno, or maybe the club captain?

Deploying his skills in the middle of the park, Casemiro has also emerged as one of the leaders in the squad, something he will no doubt be looking to continue as we head into the 2023/24 campaign.

“I like having this role, yes, to be honest. Being a leader, caring, being like a father, going after things, I like to set an example, be the first to arrive, I like to play this role.

“The captain’s [armband] is nothing more than a symbol, but the players have the responsibility to talk to the referee, to the players - I like to be that example player.”

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

is he being prepared for vice-captain role behind Bruno, or maybe the club captain?
I think Bruno and Varane will be captains. Erik said last year many times that Varane is the leader and for Case he said that his problem is English language (to be a captain).

ManRed

The only flaw is he takes a few games to get going. Hope he has a good preseason and ready to go when premier league begins.

OmarUnited4ever

I think Bruno and Varane will be captains. Erik said last year many times that Varane is the leader and for Case he said that his problem is English language (to be a captain).
Yeah, I can see Bruno & Varane being club captains, both key players for EtH, both are also leaders in the squad, Cas probably leader without the armband responsibilities.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I hope he doesn't lose much pace over the next few years. I would love for him to be a mainstay in our squad this decade.
Lets just hope it's a bad angle then. ^^

In all fairness I tried to check if this photo is genuine but couldn't get the confirmation.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

In all fairness I tried to check if this photo is genuine but couldn't get the confirmation.
Nothing to worry about at all

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Looks like a wind down season then off to Saudi :( Jokes aside he’s always had a fat face. A few weeks hard graft and he’ll lose them tits.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Poor guy. At Madrid there was Hazard and now Shaw.

Chief123

I absolutely love Casemiro, but if I’m honest I do have worries going into a new season especially with him as our only option in that position that has anywhere near the level needed.

I fear this may be the season where we see him struggle during the season due to being that bit older. There were matches in the second half of last season where he looked leggy and passive at times in midfield. Really hope he continues being top class for us again this season.

dutchred

I absolutely love Casemiro, but if I’m honest I do have worries going into a new season especially with him as our only option in that position that has anywhere near the level needed.

I fear this may be the season where we see him struggle during the season due to being that bit older. There were matches in the second half of last season where he looked leggy and passive at times in midfield. Really hope he continues being top class for us again this season.
Agree, we desperately need a back up for him. Long term may be Mainoo but he's not ready yet

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Agree, we desperately need a back up for him. Long term may be Mainoo but he's not ready yet
If you have talented player on some position then this is perfect situation to give him a chance. Backup for world class player and lets see how he will play. Spending 20-30 mil for backup for Casemiro would be just stupid (if you have already potential long term backup).

We can always buy backup in january if we see that Mainoo is not what we hope he is.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Nothing to worry about.

Eddy_JukeZ

Pre-season and all, but I am slightly worried about his legs throughout the upcoming season.

I thought he looked somewhat leggy to end last season, so hopefully not signs of a decline.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think there’s a level of mentality that fans won’t realize is quite hard to deal with.

Imagine if someone told you to run at the top of heart rate for 90 mins for absolutely shit all.

You may do it, but you would do it less better than when someone gave you a dying reason to do.

pascell

He looked slow and cumbersome at the tail end of last season, after he last suspension, worrying we haven't brought in a young understudy yet as I think they're going to be needed this season.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I will hold mu judgment until he gets a few weeks to improve fitness, but his slow legs second part of last season made me really want to get Caicedo.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Pre-season and all, but I am slightly worried about his legs throughout the upcoming season.

I thought he looked somewhat leggy to end last season, so hopefully not signs of a decline.
Surely nobody can be shocked that Casemiro and Eriksen were not a long term solution. They now look to be not even a medium term solution. Both were evidently (based on age profile, injuries/health and recent performances) past their peak when we bought them, it’s just a case of how quick they decline from here. We need to manage them and bring in other younger midfielders.

spiriticon

He's a slow starter, it's evident from last season. Takes him about 5 matches in a row to gain full match fitness.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He takes some time to get going based on recent evidence, but that’s fine. He will be up and running by the season start.

flameinthesun

Same. I think also seeing him against that next generation Real midfield that has so much legs and ability, as well as having seen (to a lesser extent) the type of player Mainoo potentially is, it makes Case's static style stand out. Still think he's integral to the team but I'm hoping Mainoo and potentially Amrabat gives us some options who have the technical ability but also the physicality, press resistance of the likes of Jude and Camavinga.

Marwood

I'm hoping one more season out of him but there's no doubt to me we're looking at a player who's on that downward slope and things can progress quickly then. We definitely need Amrabat or someone similar.

Spaghetti

Mom's
He finished the season well, it was his form immediately after the ban that was the main worry.

He was poor this morning, as were most of the team.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Same. I think also seeing him against that next generation Real midfield that has so much legs and ability, as well as having seen (to a lesser extent) the type of player Mainoo potentially is, it makes Case's static style stand out. Still think he's integral to the team but I'm hoping Mainoo and potentially Amrabat gives us some options who have the technical ability but also the physicality, press resistance of the likes of Jude and Camavinga.
I don't think he has a "static style", he was at his best playing with two excellent all-round #8s, who did a lot of work off the ball and supported in deep areas. He was thrown into a system that he needs to cover midfield on his own (simplified way to tell he's been paired with Eriksen). He was never a terrier but his best attributes (positioning, tackling, starting attacks in transition) are still there - we just need to build a team that will support him a bit more. Remains to be seen if Mount is the answer.
He's might be a bit slower than he was but he's still class CDM, I have no doubts about that.

Eric_the_Red99

I'm hoping one more season out of him but there's no doubt to me we're looking at a player who's on that downward slope and things can progress quickly then. We definitely need Amrabat or someone similar.
I am a bit worried he’ll start to resemble Matic, who became a shadow of his former self when he was playing for us. Hopefully we’ll get at least one good season out of him though.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Oh is Casemiro shit now? Cool cool.