View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

always_hoping

His header on the penalty incident is probably what you get from a midfielder playing in defence. The sooner United can play a match again with a two natural centre backs the better.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Colossal? That means you think he was very good? If he played colossal he wouldnt have made that header which caused Onana to give away the penalty.
‘If he was colossol he wouldn’t have made a bad header’. Okay, cool.

The United

It does not matter if he is playing well or not. He would try his best to give a good chance for the opponents to score against us once or twice in every game nowadays.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was one of the main reasons that Burnley got a penalty. I dont think you can rate his performance as great because of that. I suppose you do.
I don’t rate that particular header, if that’s what you’re asking. Any other questions?

Oranges038

Remember Ferdinand doing something stupid like before. It's not heading it back that's the problem, he just looped it up into the air an made life awkward for everyone else.

Other than that he was pretty solid.

DavelinaJolie

It's not like he hasn't shown he can head the ball. He had time to direct the ball away from goal but instead lofted skywards in the direction of his own goal. It's incredibly bad situational awareness.

OldTrevil

I enjoyed watching him play at Madrid but he's clearly past it. We should have never got near him but that tends to happen when you panic buy. He just looks disinterested in his game play like someone happy to just collect his paycheck and live off past glory. Should be among the first names on the sell list for me

BarstoolProphet

Remember Ferdinand doing something stupid like before. It's not heading it back that's the problem, he just looped it up into the air an made life awkward for everyone else.

Other than that he was pretty solid.
Yeah,

He headed it over VdS so Bentley could score an open net. Was Bentley's hattrick game.

I had already given up the season prior to this match, so found Casemiro's "playing wherever he feels like" the last 10-15 mins pretty fun.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Completely fed up with him, up there with one of our worst signings in recent years for me given the value and salary involved. It amazes me that he was able to be a key part in a very successful Madrid side, has been absolutely shocking for us this season.

Oranges038

Yeah,

He headed it over VdS so Bentley could score an open net. Was Bentley's hattrick game.

I had already given up the season prior to this match, so found Casemiro's "playing wherever he feels like" the last 10-15 mins pretty fun.
Overlapping centre back is probably his best position.

chay chay okocha

I was a huge fan of him at Real, and thought he brought much needed leadership and winning mentality last season. I've found many of his performances this year to be incredibly unprofessional though. The constant going to ground, breaking positional discipline to charge forward, sloppy passing - has been hard to swallow. Yes the legs are gone, but you'd think that at 1-0 up in the 88 minute in a season of difficult defending in the box, your CL-winning leader would take much better command of that situation, and not attempt what I consider to be a very arrogant attempt to head the ball back. All in all, such a disappointing season from one of my favourite midfielders of the last decade.

LDUred

He did well today taken as a whole, but ultimately he cost us the goal by creating panic in his own penalty area.

Against Wolves, Onana should have done better, but here, everything was under control until Case made a complete mess of whatever he was attempting to do there.

Just a season that we need to get over with.

Nicolarra90

Would like to see him under a proper structure and not this mess ten hag serves every game.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I was a huge fan of him at Real, and thought he brought much needed leadership and winning mentality last season. I've found many of his performances this year to be incredibly unprofessional though. The constant going to ground, breaking positional discipline to charge forward, sloppy passing - has been hard to swallow. Yes the legs are gone, but you'd think that at 1-0 up in the 88 minute in a season of difficult defending in the box, your CL-winning leader would take much better command of that situation, and not attempt what I consider to be a very arrogant attempt to head the ball back. All in all, such a disappointing season from one of my favourite midfielders of the last decade.
Completely agree. Seems he's trying to stat pad rather than play winning football.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Tbh as long as the attacker doesn't have enough space to run around him, he's alright at CB. Legs are less of an issue compared to when he plays in midfield.
I do believe however that he plays football for fun now.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He did well today taken as a whole, but ultimately he cost us the goal by creating panic in his own penalty area.

Against Wolves, Onana should have done better, but here, everything was under control until Case made a complete mess of whatever he was attempting to do there.

Just a season that we need to get over with.
That's how I saw his game too. He was fine but obviously that dumbass header is unforgivable

justsomebloke

Legs are gone. Sell.
Agree. Not a simple matter though, in FFP terms. Unless we can move him to to someone prepared to take on his outlandish salary, which I suppose means Saudi. If we can't do that and selling him would mean an FFP hit, it's not a given that's a smart choice.

Last edited:

Gaidal

Worst player I have ever seen, if he refuses Saudi in the summer we need to buy him out or force him to join a retirement league.

Dreadful player.

binary bot
I fear that the second half of the season will have scared even the Saudis off, i think we're stuck with him for another two years.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Falcao was better than this and he fell over every time the ball was near him

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
To think some thought Rice was a bad deal at £105m.

One of our worst transfers of all time this.

El Jefe

That was worse than Gary Neville against Stoke. His contract deserves to be terminated after today.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
MotM :drool:

Not sure if he even deserves the 1 that I've given him as a post-match rating.