Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

How did he do in the CL Final against Liverpool? As boring as that game was, I don’t remember too many issues with the Real midfield in stopping Liverpool.
Was arguably MOTM with Courtois

He's also had MOTM performances at Anfield before

luke511

Crazy money for a 30 year old midfielder that's just been replaced by Tchouameni and Camavinga. Doing Real Madrid a massive favour here, he'll be half the price in a year's time. Just spend it on Caicedo.

Chief123

I’ve lost count how many years we’ve all been screaming that we need a defensive midfielder.

Now we’re having some meltdowns because we’re signing the go to man for CDM. :lol:

Widow

Is he a similar profile of player to De Jong (who he seems to have replaced as our midfield target)?
No, but he is the world-class DCM that we have been needing for 10 years.

The problem is, we still need creativity in the middle. I wonder if he'll sit at the base of a 433 with Bruno and Eriksen as the 8's.

RedMilo

Why don' t people get that this is the wrong move - it would only ever be the right move if we had an indefinite amount of money to spend.

We have been crying out for structure, and developing into a proper club again. That means making smart choices.

There is one of two things that will happen now :-

a) he rejects us - so we get more egg on our face, chasing targets all summer that dont want to come. Our reputation is at an all time low, if you hadn't noticed, and ultimately we run out of time to improve our squad, or get rinsed on deadline day because we are desperate.

or

b) he joins us for the money - he improves us in the short term and we finish in the top half, but then we have to spend £70-£80m for a replacement within the next 24 months.

Look at what happened with Mourinho, he made short term signings, he had a good first season, but he doesn't build, invest and develop, something which we used to be renowned for, and was a source of a greatest achievement, but this had to go hand in hand with a good recruitment strategy. He left us with a squad that needed significant investment, which again we got wrong.

The point is we can't throw £200m+ at it every year, you eventually run out of money, we need to be smart, make smart decisions for the sake of out future.

A Caceido type feels like a more realistic proposition to me. A man utd fan, who's sole motivation won't be the money, an investment with his best years ahead of him.

Please try and look past the initial temptation to say wouldn't it be great to have Casemiro in a Utd shirt, of course it would, but look at the bigger picture ffs..

saivet

Is he a similar profile of player to De Jong (who he seems to have replaced as our midfield target)?
Not at all. They're extremely different players to be honest. He's more a traditional DM that is aggressive and breaks up play

Sparky Rhiwabon

He's more of a traditional defensive midfielder. More aggressive and physical, but is comfortable enough on the ball.

The problem is, we still need creativity in the middle. I wonder if he'll sit at the base of a 433 with Bruno and Eriksen as the 8's.
Cool. This seems logical although maybe we need to be careful with Eriksen's gametime

Chief123

This is ridiculous. How can we possibly sign him without even having reached 50 pages. We need to wait at least for another 1450 pages.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No. They could partner each other really well. But no. Casemiro is a world class defensive mid, a proper ball winner and back 4 shield, knows how to organize those ahead of him, plugs gaps etc. In possession he is solid, unadventurous but not bad, just not a playmaker. So we'd still want a playmaker next to him like Modrić/Kroos are for Madrid.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Signing Casemiro would certainly be the nail in the coffin for any of FDJ. They both play in the same position.
A nail in the coffin for this summer but not the next. Eriksen/Bruno playing in front of FDJ as a #8 and Casemiro as a #6 is drool worthy.

evil_geko

Why don' t people get that this is the wrong move - it would only ever be the right move if we had an indefinite amount of money to spend.

We have been crying out for structure, and developing into a proper club again. That means making smart choices.

a) he rejects us - so we get more egg on our face, chasing targets all summer that dont want to come. Our reputation is at an all time low, if you hadn't noticed, and ultimately we run out of time to improve our squad, or get rinsed on deadline day because we are desperate.

or

b) he joins us for the money - he improves us in the short term and we finish in the top half, but then we have to spend £70-£80m for a replacement within the next 24 months.

Look at what happened with Mourinho, he made short term signings, he had a good first season, but he doesn't build, invest and develop, something which we used to be renowned for, and was a source of a greatest achievement, but this had to go hand in hand with a good recruitment strategy. He left us with a squad that needed significant investment, which again we got wrong.

The point is we can't throw £200m+ at it every year, you eventually run out of money, we need to be smart, make smart decisions for the sake of out future.

A Caceido type feels like a more realistic proposition to me. A man utd fan, who's sole motivation won't be the money, an investment with his best years ahead of him.

Please try and look past the initial temptation to say wouldn't it be great to have Casemiro in a Utd shirt, of course it would, but look at the bigger picture ffs..
We need both long term and quality short term signings, we are in too deep of a shit to only sign "promising" players.

joedirt87

Casemiro
Eriksen Fred
More balanced. Bruno is and will never be a worthwhile 8, hell he's not even a useful 10 right now. I question if ETH will switch to that because we haven't seen any indication that he wants to play that way. It could easily be Casemiro as the deep holding player with Eriksen or Fred next to him and then Bruno in whatever terrible role he's been playing so far.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Went to unfollow Frenkie and follow Casemiro on Instagram. Casemiro is already following Scholes, Rio and Rooney in addition to the Brazilians and his ex Madrid teammates. It's on.

Also why did Frenkie follow Amad, we are owed an explanation

mu4c_20le

or

Caicedo would likely cost the same amount of money.

So you think Moises Caicedo from Ecuador > Casemiro.

Renegade

We’d see an improved Fred with Casemiro based on his national form.

I’m glad there’s Varane influenced pessimism around this signing. It’ll keep fans expectations grounded hopefully.

CarbonStoolBites

60m seems fair for the best DM around who is also 30 years old.
Casemiro, Fred and Eriksen is a pretty workable midfield on paper.
Will improve our defense significantly,
we’re not getting spanked by teams week in week out with that guy around, not a chance.

Varane 2.0 with crazy fees. Are we really sure Woodward has left Man Utd?
We conceded significantly less goals with Varane in the team than without him.

Last edited:

Irrational.

A player in his 30s that has won everything coming to a club in desperate need willing to write him a blank cheque… where have I heard this one before…

Oh yes, so we move from Di Maria vibes to Schweinsteiger vibes.

leon24

People don’t realise that we are not an attractive proposition to young players who have high potential to develop. Chances are some other big club + Man Utd would be chasing after my signature.

Whats there to develop when my team gets beaten by mid table team week in week out?

Reactions: Fortitude

Gupz

70M for Casemiro is a steal compared to what has been paid for the almighty captain

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I’ve just transferred my camping equipment from ManagingBarca to MadridXtra.

Things are happening.

Rolaholic

A player in his 30s that has won everything coming to a club in desperate need willing to write him a blank cheque… where have I heard this one before…

Schweinsteiger was finished and injury prone when he left Bayern. Casemiro is at his peak coming off a league + continental double as an integral piece and a Ballon D'Or shortlist season...

mu4c_20le

Schweinsteiger cost 8m

Status
Not open for further replies.