Catalonia referendum| Catalonia declares independence from Spain

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
But maybe Vato finds it funny because merely is from 2012. Funny year I reckon

Classical Mechanic

I’d imagine those who identify as British don’t feel like they have had their Irish identity compromised. I’m sure all Irish born people feel Irish.
You imagine wrong I think. There was a documentary on the divide recently where some loyalists said English people don't understand that they feel more British than even the English do.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Oh lots of fakes new...I deactivated several among my friends. Never too careful and the narrative has to be the true...not that we don't have graphic material

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You imagine wrong I think. There was a documentary on the divide recently where some loyalists said English people don't understand that they feel more British than even the English do.
Interesting. Has there ever been an neutral quantitative study on it?

Meanwhile .....

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I am a paranoid idiot....yeah
There are fake photos.I shared vídeos and notes from Referéndum and you told me that was manipulating.
Later you compared us with Trump.You want to sell an idea of opression and victimism.
You come with gasolina for the fire,looking for a fight.In the newbies and you couldn't wait.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Something that I didn´t expected and I totally opose

The president of catalonia just said that he will bring the resultss to the parliament and will do effective the results. Meaning, if I did not understand wrong, the 4th we declare independence.

Not good, I want that but the referendum was compromised. BIG mistake

It will be blood, lots of blood (and laughters I guess too)

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
There are fake photos.I shared vídeos and notes from Referéndum and you told me that was manipulating.
Later you compared us with Trump.You want to sell an idea of opression and victimism.
You come with gasolina for the fire,looking for a fight.In the newbies and you couldn't wait.
There was no one independentist here to defend the point of viewing. you are like 3 or 4 and despite that, mostly of none spaniards leans against the spanish government reaction

And I am the paranoid

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Hundreds of injured people

My cat must be a fascist then

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Oh wow, simply wow. Fellows spaniards you are spot on. no shame

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Something that I didn´t expected and I totally opose

The president of catalonia just said that he will bring the resultss to the parliament and will do effective the results. Meaning, if I did not understand wrong, the 4th we declare independence.

Not good, I want that but the referendum was compromised. BIG mistake

It will be blood, lots of blood (and laughters I guess too)
They are just going head-to-head.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Oh wow, simply wow. Fellows spaniards you are spot on. no shame
You don't think is shameful showing that as an "injury from the repression"?

Not talking about the really injured people by the excessive force from the Police/Guardia Civil, but even in the news they just said that most of the injured people were people with "contusions and dizziness". That's the legitimate way to round numbers into the hundreds?

Revan

Assumptionman
If Catalonia declares independence (they shouldn't considering that the referendum has been compromised), and Madrid sends the army, there is potential for real shit there.

Will US and the main EU power still hide if that happens? Or sanctions against oppressors of democracy are exclusive only for Russia and Arabs?

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
You don't think is shameful showing that as an "injury from the repression"?

Not talking about the really injured people by the excessive force from the Police/Guardia Civil, but even in the news they just said that most of the injured people were people with "contusions and dizziness". That's the legitimate way to round numbers into the hundreds?
It is shameful, but again false equivalence. Had been injured, and badly so. and not all the ones that had been stomped had been injured but they could be just for sheered luck, you saw the brutallity

Ban

Hundred of kids from Croatia are going to Barcelona on their school trips. What a moment to go.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
I have a question for the Catalans, and the 'Madridista' as well. Is it correct to assume that this Catalan separatist movement is at least primarily motivated by past events and sentimental factors rather than actual current specific grievances?

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
If Catalonia declares independence (they shouldn't considering that the referendum has been compromised), and Madrid sends the army, there is potential for real shit there.

Will US and the main EU power still hide if that happens? Or sanctions against oppressors of democracy are exclusive only for Russia and Arabs?

Definetely some scary shit will happen. BUt I am telling you, US and Europe always forgot about us, it will not be different this time.

And if we do it this way we will be deslegitimized, so they will have the excuse to clean their hands

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
its quite clear from evidence we can all access that the Spanish state has inflicted violent oppesssin against Catalonian people today.

Civil wars are messy, divisive and often end up in a fight.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Btw, to people from Spain here, how are the feelings in non Catalonian parts of what was Kingdom of Aragon? On what side are Valencia, Zaragoza and co?
It's a couple of years since I lived in Valencia and doubtless some things have changed. A lot more will change after this week's events in Catalonia, Rajoy's whole conduct seems to have been designed to provoke, divide and reinforce any feelings of disunity.

However I'd have said that in the south of the Comunidad and the city of Valencia itself there were a lot of people who were very resistant to the idea that Catalan nationalists might be trying to co-opt them into some sort of vision of greater Catalonia. The Valencian nationalists were exactly that - Valencian, but there was no obvious desire to leave Spain.

That said, a lot of the schools teach the majority of lessons in Valenciano (or catalan if it's in writing) - which does cause conflict in some areas, particularly ones with large numbers of foreigners who aren't happy that Spanish is low on the priority list. Infrastructure investment and taxation are issues, but there didn't seem to be a desire to "leave Spain," to fix them. As I say though, I really can't imagine why Rajoy and the PP think their current tactics are smart, so I can't even guess what the fallout will be.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I’d imagine those who identify as British don’t feel like they have had their Irish identity compromised. I’m sure all Irish born people feel Irish.
I'd advise not walking around certain areas of Belfast asking people about how proud they are of being Irish..

iam_kramer

The numbers of injured persons are always inflated, it is always the same, but the videos are there and thanks to social media we can see them.

There was a huge show of Spanish solidarity and unity in the Bernabeu today, were there other such shows around Spain? Did Villareal do so? It's pretty telling of the situation if only one city is properly out and about for 'Unity'.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Piquè: "I am ready to quit Spain".

Good, they are gonna replace him with Nacho :lol:
He had his glory days with natiional team and his career is now coming to close. Would be better for his long term Catalan future to quit national team: he could enter politics if he decided to.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
its quite clear from evidence we can all access that the Spanish state has inflicted violent oppesssin against Catalonian people today.

Civil wars are messy, divisive and often end up in a fight.
I meant all the historical events that he showed in the previous posts.Obviously the image today are the police.A mistake from both governments.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
It is shameful, but again false equivalence. Had been injured, and badly so. and not all the ones that had been stomped had been injured but they could be just for sheered luck, you saw the brutallity
Of course I saw it, as I said before from the 2011 everytime I see the UIP gearing up I know there's going to be repression and violence, they're like rabid dogs trained to do that.

But as fight-thirsty as they are, I also have second thoughts about how anyone would react while surrounded by an hostile crowd that are there to simply prevent you for doing your work (seize referendum related stuff)

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
He had his glory days with natiional team and his career is now coming to close. Would be better for his long term Catalan future to quit national team: he could enter politics if he decided to.
I do agree. Would have retired after the WC in any case.