Celebrity Allegations, #MeToo etc

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Third degree rape carries a max sentence of 4 years.

18 months in a country club incoming!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm still (pointlessly) angry about his disgracefully transparent 'Please acquit me - I'm old, confused, and use a zimmer frame' act.

SteveJ

Scout
...and Michael Jackson, in pyjamas. Shameless people.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'm still (pointlessly) angry about his disgracefully transparent 'Please acquit me - I'm old, confused, and use a zimmer frame' act.
I don't think anyone comes out of this well tbh.

His excuses at the time were feeble and pretty much just confirmed his guilt...but some of the evidence that's come out with this trial doesn't reflect well at all on the victims either (I mean the ones specifically with this trial...not necessarily the various others).

Not surprised the more serious charges came to nothing...though if I understand it right he's got at least one other trial coming up which could turn out different.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't think anyone comes out of this well tbh.

His excuses at the time were feeble and pretty much just confirmed his guilt...but some of the evidence that's come out with this trial doesn't reflect well at all on the victims either (I mean the ones specifically with this trial...not necessarily the various others).

Not surprised the more serious charges came to nothing...though if I understand it right he's got at least one other trial coming up which could turn out different.
Such as?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...sexual-assault-misconduct-metoo-a8589281.html

There's some of it.

Also the revelation that one of the accusers in this trial had text Weinstein after the alleged offences saying she "loved him", and "no one understands you like I do" or words to that effect...then was apparently told to delete the texts so they couldn't be used as evidence.

Tbh the whole case is a mess and if it were here may well have been thrown out I suspect. Not because of a lack of evidence but the handling of it has been extremely poor it seems.

Not that I think he isn't a scumbag mind, but the problem with rape/sexual assault cases is they often get very messy.

SteveJ

Scout
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...sexual-assault-misconduct-metoo-a8589281.html

There's some of it.

Also the revelation that one of the accusers in this trial had text Weinstein after the alleged offences saying she "loved him", and "no one understands you like I do" or words to that effect...then was apparently told to delete the texts so they couldn't be used as evidence.

Tbh the whole case is a mess and if it were here may well have been thrown out I suspect. Not because of a lack of evidence but the handling of it has been extremely poor it seems.

Not that I think he isn't a scumbag mind, but the problem with rape/sexual assault cases is they often get very messy.
It's the bigger picture that truly matters though, and the long overdue warning to the powerful that they can't always expect to act with impunity.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

There's some of it.

There's nothing in that Independent article about the content of the texts?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
It’s apparently the other charge of criminal sexual assault in the first degree that carries 5-25 years.
Ah, I assumed rape would be the more serious charge, but how they worked out that its third degree rape is beyond me.

I'll still be shocked if he gets a heavy sentence.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Wow his attorney is a scumbag.

But she's just defending her client as is her job.

Nah, scumbag. Your client is a serial rapist and is lucky it's only 23 years.

InfiniteBoredom

Will probably still run things from a cushy cell like a drug lord and be out in 3-4 years when no one speak about this anymore.

At least he’s not gonna rape anyone during that timeframe.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Will probably still run things from a cushy cell like a drug lord and be out in 3-4 years when no one speak about this anymore.

At least he’s not gonna rape anyone during that timeframe.
He has more trials pending, doesn't he? Doubt he'll be leaving prison any time soon.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wow his attorney is a scumbag.

But she's just defending her client as is her job.

Nah, scumbag. Your client is a serial rapist and is lucky it's only 23 years.
I get that they need to be there for a fairer trial. It's the lengths they go to to get them off and win, rather than simply provide their side of the story, that makes them dirtbags.

SteveJ

Scout
I get that they need to be there for a fairer trial. It's the lengths they go to to get them off and win, rather than simply provide their side of the story, that makes them dirtbags.
Have to be honest, I've long had doubts about the adversarial style of courtroom justice.

Withnail

Absolutely no remorse either.

This is from the Irish Times article (it's probably pay-walled):

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/wor...rs-in-prison-in-sexual-assault-case-1.4199834

“I feel remorse for all of the men who are going through this fight,” Weinstein told the court before he was sentenced.

Weinstein said he was worried about “thousands of men” being denied due process in the #MeToo era. In a rambling statement, he said he was “confused” and that he believed he had had a “serious friendship” with Ms Mann and Ms Haleyi.

Drifter

American
23 years .I'm shocked and pleased that someone with money did not for once get away lightly.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
good enough for the cnut.

Feck you Weinstein and your legal team.

Imagine having the neck to ask for clemency due to his 'accomplishments'
I couldn’t believe the nerve of that.

“Go easy on me your honour, I’ve made billions from movies”.

Dickheads.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
In case you haven't heard about the trove of documents released by the court today.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...ns-rage-laid-bare-in-unsealed-court-documents

Bob Weinstein said:
U deserve a lifetime achievement award for the sheer savagery and immorality and inhumanness, for the acts u have perpetrated. Oh I forgot. They were all consensual. Then what are u in rehab for? Sex addiction. Don’t think so. You wouldn’t have harassment, assault and rape charges u have now received, from 82 women for active consensual sex.