Celtic fear Uefa sanction after pitch invader confronts Kylian Mbappé

Needham

But, but Celtic are progressive and have a history of not being Rangers, Mbappe must have bated this young man by pretending to hold a wind instrument to one side of his mouth.

PieCrust

Celtic is just a team out classed by PSG and it showed. You see this a lot at lower levels of football and youth levels, where mismatches like this happen more often. The weaker team just attempts to save face by being brutish & overly physical because they cannot play up to the technical level of their opponent. Made worse by the culture of the fans, cheering this kind of behavior on. It's too bad though this behavior exists in the tournament of the quality of the champion's league, even with the gulf in class across the teams that qualify for the group stage. You'd still expect some professionalism from Celtic.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Could this result in Celtic having to play without fans? In that case, imagine being the guy responsible for it:lol:

MarkC

Wonder if it's the same guy that had the air shot at Dida.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In fairness it's not just Celtic fans complaining about their resources, it's pretty much everyone, even La Liga president Javier Tebas. There will be a lot bigger clubs in Europe complaining if PSG win this yrs CL.
It's not really about resources. Facing a team that's way richer than you doesn't excuse thuggery.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
There is something fundamentally wrong with cheering one of your players commiting fouls on your opponent, over and over again. I mean wtf :lol:
What has that to do with anything I have said?

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Why on earth would you voluntarily watch Scottish football? Scottish football should only be watched because 1) you feel pressured to do it because all of your family are watching it, and they themselves are secretly doing it for the same reason or 2) because you get a kick out of being bored for two 45 minute sessions of scuffed passes interlaced with tinny speakers blasting out Vengaboys and Scooter.
How about because I support my local team, carry on being a clown.

Deleted member 101472

Don't pay attention, there are a lot of people on here (for some reason some of them are moderators) who just like to take digs at Scottish football instead of doing the mature thing and not mention it at all. some people just can't help themselves.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Don't pay attention, there are a lot of people on here (for some reason some of them are moderators) who just like to take digs at Scottish football instead of doing the mature thing and not mention it at all. some people just can't help themselves.
They can dig all they want, I know Scottish football is shite.
Thing is a have a real connection to the club I support.
I am comfortable with it and wish nothing but happiness to all the worldwide Manchester United, Chelsea. Manchester City etc, etc fans who love Fantasy Football.

On second thoughts maybe I should support Barcelona, hear they are quite good.

Cliche Guevara

I didn't actually realise that another fan, a 61 year old, was also arrested for punching the pitch-invader on the head as he was being lead away. That's quite amusing.

Interesting that the pitch invader was from Belfast and the invader-puncher from St.Albans.

Game of Thrones-reference that mother-feckers!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Really? That's your response? Nothing about me talking about Vengaboys and Scooter? Unless they still play those at matches... Oh god help us if that's true... it must be worse than I thought.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Really? That's your response? Nothing about me talking about Vengaboys and Scooter? Unless they still play those at matches... Oh god help us if that's true... it must be worse than I thought.
Take yer heid oot yer arse ye feckin muppet.

On second thoughts leave it, you look better.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I would suggest their punishment should be a points deduction, but it'd be a bit harsh to send them into the minus . And I mean post game 6!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Actually, if you are you robbed us on Saturday!
All I've heard about that game is that Raith were shite, but that could apply to any game since Marvin Andrews and Didier Agathe both left!

I still remember it; close to promotion to the SPL, hundreds of thousands spent extending the stadium to meet the 10k capacity minimum requirements...... we're still waiting and one of the stands is left vacant because it's at risk of collapsing.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What's this about moderators ?

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
If Celtic gets their stadium banned they should sue the fan for lost revenue. Debt for life, a nice punishment, it would make other think twice (or rather, once) next time.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That is a small man considering Mbappe is only 5'8

I think the camera angle is deceiving. They are probably not as close as the picture would suggest and it looks like he was looking to kick the ball, not Mbappe.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Everyone knows Scottish football is shite but at least teams like Aberdeen etc don't moan about their resources all the time. Celtic on the other hand think they're bigger than everyone on the planet (at least their fans do), and moan about their resources despite having more than the rest of Scotland. This is why I like taking digs at Celtic fans, they are the most deluded bunch

Deleted member 101472

Everyone knows Scottish football is shite but at least teams like Aberdeen etc don't moan about their resources all the time. Celtic on the other hand think they're bigger than everyone on the planet (at least their fans do), and moan about their resources despite having more than the rest of Scotland. This is why I like taking digs at Celtic fans, they are the most deluded bunch
You shouldn't tar everyone with that brush GB. The vast majority of the fans are capable of much more rationalization than you give them credit for, you're just coming across as having an agenda. I have literally never met anyone who would say that Celtic are the biggest team on the planet. Some of the fans think they have the best support, but most of that is down to current and ex players stating that Celtic park is the best in terms of atmosphere. For a forum that likes to bring up Irvine Welsh thread approval, can you imagine fans with the endorsements of messi, Xavi and Iniesta as the best stadium they've played in? There are dozens more who've said it too. That doesn't mean the fans think they are the biggest club on the planet.

Of course they moan about their resources when they can't compete on the biggest stage. What do you expect them to do in that situation? It's human nature to get defensive and try and look for reasons/excuses as to why we fail.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
That's a horrible 'tackle' and then he celebrates after it like he's just accomplished something :confused: I know he's only 18 but ffs :lol:
I don't think he was celebrating the tackle. He was trying to pump the fans up to get behind the team. Maybe not the best moment to do it but that was clearly his intentions.

As for the clown that ran on the park. I hope he gets banned for life. I really don't think it was a premeditated attack on Mbappe though. If he wanted to hit him he could've. I think he just ran on, didn't know what the feck to do and just made a complete arse of himself. UEFA should rightly hammer us though.