Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning

Champions League
CFR Cluj v Manchester United
Tuesday, 02/10/2012, 19:45 BST​

Thank God there's always next game.

Levo

Band of Brothers
If were not careful our midfield will be knee deep in clunge.

How was that?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Team should be....

GK: De Gea

RB: Rafael
CB: Evans
CB: Ferdinand
LB: Evra

RM: Nani
CM: Cleverley
CM: Fletcher
CM: Anderson
LM: Kagawa

CF: Rooney

Subs: Lindegaard, Wootton, Scholes, Carrick, RVP, Hernandez, Welbeck

kps88

Ugh. The way things are set up we'll play our young midfield in this game and then play the oldies again at the weekend.

Revan

Assumptionman
Lindegaard

Rafael Ferdinand Evans Evra

Nani Carrick Scholes Giggs

Kagawa

Van Persie

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
De Gea
Rafael Evans Wootton Buttner
Cleverley Anderson Fletcher
Kagawa Rooney
Hernandez

Revan

Assumptionman
You think Fergie is going to name an unchanged line up after that first half?
Why not? It was obvious today that Scholes and Giggs should not start together but they started. Never underestimate Fergie's ability for making strange decision. The other strange decision I am waiting from him is dropping our best performer of this season (Rafael) for Smalling or Jones when they will be available.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Why not? It was obvious today that Scholes and Giggs should not start together but they started. Never underestimate Fergie's ability for making strange decision. The other strange decision I am waiting from him is dropping our best performer of this season (Rafael) for Smalling or Jones when they will be available.
I came here to make the same joke :( :mad:

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Lindegaard
Rafael Ferdinand Evans Evra
Nani Carrick Scholes Giggs
Rooney Welbeck​

:devil:
:lol:

You know, if you're joking, you should at least stick Rooney in at full back or start Petrucci, just so we know.

Though Cluj may be a good game for Giggs, I hope he's only played in central midfield from now on, except in extreme circumstances.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Same front 6 that played against Newcastle, except swap Welbeck for Nani and Hernandez for Van Persie.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
De Gea
Rafael---Evans---Wootton---Evra
Cleverley---Carrick---Anderson
Kagawa---Rooney
Chicharito

Bench: Lindegaard, Buttner, M. Keane, Welbeck, RVP, Nani, Fletcher​

This is one of those games we are expected to win in the group, so pressure not to take it too lightly. However leave Rio, Giggs and Scholes at home; Wootton needs as much time as we can give him as we always need a centre-back and he appears to be the chosen one from the reserves. Due to selecting him, I'd go with Evra over Buttner for the experience to hopefully help Wootton settle in.

Also want Rooney and Kagawa to get used to playing together; tempted to include RVP for the same reason but Hernandez also needs games.

Revan

Assumptionman
De Gea
Rafael---Evans---Wootton---Evra
Cleverley---Carrick---Anderson
Kagawa---Rooney
Chicharito

Bench: Lindegaard, Buttner, M. Keane, Welbeck, RVP, Nani, Fletcher​

This is one of those games we are expected to win in the group, so pressure not to take it too lightly. However leave Rio, Giggs and Scholes at home; Wootton needs as much time as we can give him as we always need a centre-back and he appears to be the chosen one from the reserves. Due to selecting him, I'd go with Evra over Buttner for the experience to hopefully help Wootton settle in.

Also want Rooney and Kagawa to get used to playing together; tempted to include RVP for the same reason but Hernandez also needs games.
If I were SAF I would have chosen exactly the same team, with maybe Fletcher in place of Carrick.

Donut

De Gea
Rafael-Evans-Rio-Evra
Cleverley-Fletcher-Anderson
Rooney-Chicarito-Welbeck

Not what I think is the best necessarily, but what I think Fergie will pick.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
DDG

Rafael - Evans - Woottoon - Buttner

Cleverley ----- Anderson
Kagawa

Nani - Van Persie - Rooney​

We don't need to defend against these if we play high tempo attacking football they won't leave their own half.

Cleverley and Anderson to play pass and move like we know they love to and Kagawa to liase between midfield and attack, RVP loves to come in into his left and can swap with Nani who can swap with Rooney who can play centrally. Basically free flowing football with quality players showing their quality. 6 - 0

Giggs and Scholes would be rested and back for the weekend after a performance like that, no dew bew tha.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
This game can't come any quicker. I can't stand some of the bollock-worthy comments from today.

DDG

Rafael
Ferdinand
Evans
Evra

Anderson
Cleverley
Carrick

Rooney
RVP
Nani

Reckon we'll give Kagawa a break from this one.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
DDG
Rafael
Evans
Rio
Buttner
Cleverely
Fletcher
Anderson
Nani
Rooney
Kagawa

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
De Gea

Rafael--------Wootton-------Evans-------Buttner

Fletcher------------Anderson

Welbeck--------Cleverley-------Giggs

Hernandez​

Forevergiggs

I read somewhere that Evans walked off the game with a dead leg? Is that true?

DeGea
Valencia Rio Wootton Buttner
Fletcher
Anderson Cleverley
Hernandez Rooney Welbeck​

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yep this is a man who many consider to be the greatest manager off all time and you are questioning his decision making!! Maybe you should question yours! Just a thought!

2Bullish

Yep this is a man who many consider to be the greatest manager off all time and you are questioning his decision making!! Maybe you should question yours! Just a thought!
Hold on there tiger. Anyone can question Fergies decision making at any time they like. The man is not infallible, he does make mistakes and when he does we can talk about it. Yesterday was a mistake and, quite rightly, many on this board are pointing it out.

The Red Baron!!!

I read somewhere that Evans walked off the game with a dead leg? Is that true?

DeGea
Valencia Rio Wootton Buttner
Fletcher
Anderson Cleverley
Hernandez Rooney Welbeck​

I saw him go down injured but I think he got up for the sake of not stopping the game, looked in great difficulty though.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
De Gea
Rafael Evans Wooton/Keane Buttner
Cleverley Fletcher Anderson Welbeck
Rooney Hernandez​

mightberight

Wouldn't be surprised if Cleverley/Anderson/Fletcher (if they start) come off early in the second half in preparaton for the weekend. Definitely need some legs deeper in midfield.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
De Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Evans Buttner
Fletcher
Cleverley Anderson
Nani -- Rooney -- Kagawa​

Revan

Assumptionman
So it has become a blasphemy questioning Fergie's decision making in a football forum. FFS! Any men can make mistakes and Fergie makes mistakes too. In fact he has made a lot of mistakes like in recent times like in this game, against Scousers, last year against Everton or in final against Barca. Of course that he makes most of the decisions right but when he makes those things he should be criticized. No-one is asking for his sacking, only to don't make decisions that every other person in the world could see that are not good.

Havak

Pokemon master
de Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Evans Buttner
Carrick
Cleverley Anderson
Valencia Rooney Welbeck
--
Lindegaard; Wootton; Fletcher, Giggs, Nani; Hernandez, van Persie​

Really can't decide.. I can see Valencia being on the bench, I can also see Fletcher and Hernandez starting. Maybe Kagawa, Powell, or Scholes involved in the squad as well. Just hope we win this game, as that should give us some breathing space as I expect to beat Braga at Home without having to field an entire first-team.