Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

JagUTD

Bit off topic but not worth starting a thread over, but what's happened to Porto. Every time I see the score in their games when checking in play scores, they're losing.

Mike Smalling

Maybe they do Liverpool against C.Palace?
100 shots, zero goals. Would be great.
They relied heavily on three wonder strikes to even score in the reverse fixture. But they can always get one like that or through a set piece. Especially if they pin the opposition back.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Reals attacking players are so much better technically than ours, wow
I'm genuinely shocked when the duo of Vini and Rodrigo lose possession even in very tight spaces on the counter. Just crazy quality. And they run and chase and hound City.

Bellingham on the other hand...

90 + 5min

Madrid will need another on the counter. No way City won't score with another hour like this.
Apart for the lucky header against woodwork they haven't done anything dangerous up to now. Some long range shots. They scored two great goals in Madrid last week so they can't be that lucky again with those.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Why is nothing ever mentioned about the fact Grealish cost £100m?

The man doesn’t do anything. Spends eons on the ball twitching before passing it back.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
That is a truly shocking free kick from Kroos not to beat the first man. Jesus.

Telsim

Neuer keeping Bayern in the game so far. Havertz is a weak link, and Saka is largely anonymous.

Quite a messy game. Akanji awkward in that advanced role, overall lots of inaccuracies and not much end product apart from hopeful crosses and shots.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Pretty dull game at Munich. Both teams playing a couple of DM's in midfield, not trying to be ambitious. Arsenal had the best chance, for Martinelli, which he should have scored, but Bayern themselves had a couple of dangerous openings.

After a fantastic match in the first leg, inconsistent Sane is back to having a disappointing game.

wr8_utd

:'(
I honestly don't even caring about jinxing but this City side is actually mediocre and I'll be surprised if they win anything beyond the FA Cup.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why is nothing ever mentioned about the fact Grealish cost £100m?

The man doesn’t do anything. Spends eons on the ball twitching before passing it back.
Probably because he’s in a winning team. I’ve mentioned that before… if we signed him and he played like he does it would get called out by everyone. The fact his team wins trophy’s gives him a free pass if you like from criticism

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I honestly don't even caring about jinxing but this City side is actually mediocre and I'll be surprised if they win anything beyond the FA Cup.
They’ll win the league. But that’s not because they’ve been great this season. Just that Arsenal and Liverpool have mistakes in them. City can go on long runs.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Playing without a creative CM is so painful to watch. We can only hope to beat the press and Musiala to carry the ball dozens of meters or Kimmich and Sane, Musiala plus Goretzka overloading Arsenal's centre-left side.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Bit off topic but not worth starting a thread over, but what's happened to Porto. Every time I see the score in their games when checking in play scores, they're losing.
We're having a terrible season and it's the combination of several different factors:
- Terrible players, this is the worst squad since the early 2000s I remember
- The end of cycle for Conceição as manager. Everyone seems to be tired of him and he seems to be tired of the club so there's a lot of friction combined with the next point
- We will have the most important elections in the club since the early 80s, we have the same president still since 1983 and he did great things in our history, but now he's super old and he declined massively, the club is now basically in the hands of leeches and he is one of them. This year finally he has a pretty strong contender, no one other than AVB, and it looks like AVB will win. So the regime is basically trying to throw shit up to hide their incompetence and this semi-civil war in the club/fanbase is of course also affecting the team.

In the league we're 3rd atm but we can finish in 5th as Braga and Vitória are glued to us. Sporting has a 18 point advantage over us (Benfica has 11) which is the biggest gap to first place in our history since the 70s or so.
We did better than expected in the Champions League and are discussing today a place in the Portuguese Cup final but these won't save the terrible season anyway.
Meanwhile we're in a difficult finantial position with all the mismanagement and with the 3rd place (best case scenario) we will miss the CL next season which means less money, fortunately we have the Club World Cup to compensate later next season otherwise it would be catastrophic.

RedRocket9908

Probably because he’s in a winning team. I’ve mentioned that before… if we signed him and he played like he does it would get called out by everyone. The fact his team wins trophy’s gives him a free pass if you like from criticism
His diving would certainly get called out if he played for us.

Adz_99

In fairness to Cith fans they've already used both of their songs:

"Come on citeh, come on citeh" and "Citeh! Citeh! *inaudible mumbling*"

Kwabs

Supports
Barcelona
I'm genuinely shocked when the duo of Vini and Rodrigo lose possession even in very tight spaces on the counter. Just crazy quality. And they run and chase and hound City.

Bellingham on the other hand...
I thought this exact thing when watching the England v Brazil friendly. You could just see the quality that Vini and Rodrygo had in terms of their touch and it contrasted very badly with some of the England players (vaunted though this England squad is).

DavidDeSchmikes

he'd be getting way more flak for his diving

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wer are missing the speed of Gnabry, Coman and Davies badly.
Yea Guerreiro is not working at LW. Would be better to try Tel or Musiala there (with Muller at CAM). Maybe Tuchel thinks Tel is too inexperienced to start at this level.