Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

the_cliff

Almost every Arsenal attack comes via his side. Gnabry is helping out several times. God thanks.

No idea what happened with Davies but his performances this season are shocking.
To be fair to Davies. Arsenal are always at their most dangerous on that side. The 3 of Saka, Ben White and Odegaard on that right side cause everyone problems. They may have the best right hand side in the world this season.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Is it only Southgate's fault? Two generational (so I keep hearing) English talents on the biggest stage and neither can get a foothold in the game.

E-mal

Eh? He's probably the best player in the world at the minute
You need your eyes checked or perhaps throw away your device.
He is not even the best player in Real Madrid, what a very shite post.

He is their McT with a better ability on the ball and ggod finisher. Just wait when Mbappe comes, those goals will dry up and he will be rquired to be a provider then you will see that so called ability people rave about

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Haaland is a monster who for once has a bad season but I'm almost certain that if City had gotten Kane instead of Haaland, the league wouldn't even be close. Seeing how amazing he works in Bayern's build up game and still manages to score as much as Mbappé is just so impressive.
He would have the Ballon D'or wrapped up within months if he played for City tbh.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That was pretty tense. We will have to make at least one substitution very soon. Davies on a yellow is too much insecurity all around. This is faaaar from over
Who would replace him though? Arsenal have been targeting Bayern's left side all game long.. bringing on Guerreiro instead sounds a bit risky.

the_cliff

You need your eyes checked or perhaps throw away your device.
He is not even the best player in Real Madrid, what a very shite post.

He is their McT with a better ability on the ball and ggod finisher. Just wait when Mbappe comes, those goals will dry up and he will be rquired to be a provider then you will see that so called ability people rave about
Much better ability on the ball. That is a good comparison though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
We're terrified of Real. 2 flukey goals but Madrid deservedly up.

When Haaland doesn't have a physical advantage (which is not often) he doesn't have anything. Rudiger pocketing him with ease.

All our usual players not turning up. Rodri, Bernardo piss poor on the ball. Akani has been fecking terrible, capping of an atrocious season.

If I was Pep, Alvarez for Haaland and Lewis despite his defensive weakness for Akanji. If KDB is well enough, him on for Kovacic please.

SB16

Haaland is a monster who for once has a bad season but I'm almost certain that if City had gotten Kane instead of Haaland, the league wouldn't even be close. Seeing how amazing he works in Bayern's build up game and still manages to score as much as Mbappé is just so impressive.
Kane's just a ludicrously good footballer. Probably has good an eye (and technical skills) for pass as the best midfielders, whilst also being a lethal finisher. I actually think it's underplaying his quality to compare him and Haaland in terms of what they bring to a side overall.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
That was pretty tense. We will have to make at least one substitution very soon. Davies on a yellow is too much insecurity all around. This is faaaar from over
I expected the worst after Arsenal went up 1:0 so early. This I'm quite happy with result. The performance isn't great though but you couldn't expect it anyway after the last games.

Pavlovic and Guerrero on for Laimer and Davies. Especially with Davies being on a yellow and out of the second leg.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I liked Madrid. Very well positioned and very attentive to steal the ball. Vini was very good in the assist but has to decide a little better.
Tchouameni has to be careful with that yellow.
They have to keep pressuring the referee, and exaggerating every foul.
The second half could be a good opportunity to demonstrate the model of intensity and physical superiority they have built.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Who would replace him though? Arsenal have been targeting Bayern's left side all game long.. bringing on Guerreiro instead sounds a bit risky.
Yeah we don't have a 1:1 substitute. The questions is if Tuchel will switch to a back three and if that would work or backfire horribly. Hasn't worked well in the past with few exceptions.

the_cliff

When Haaland doesn't have a physical advantage (which is not often) he doesn't have anything. Rudiger pocketing him with ease.

All our usual players not turning up. Rodri, Bernardo piss poor on the ball. Akani has been fecking terrible, capping of an atrocious season.

If I was Pep, Alvarez for Haaland and Lewis despite his defensive weakness for Akanji. If KDB is well enough, him on for Kovacic please.
Kyle Walker is your biggest loss this game. Madrid have had plenty opportunities on the counter to punish you. Vini and Rodrygo especially are far too quick and technical for Akanji.

SB16

Madrid better score another couple of goals because City are going to spank them in the return leg

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We need to take advantage of our legs and push the pace second half. We're fitter and they can't deal with our pace

fergies coat

Winning multiple European cup's isn't for everyone mate.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Too defensive of a setup for my liking. Though we are more dangerous with those counters, but need to finish those chances. These are games of small margins and all it takes is another brainfart.

The second leg will be without Tchou. Hoping no one else but fearing the worst.

tomaldinho1

Never noticed it prior to last England match…but Bellingham should wind his neck in a bit…he’s already at Ronaldo levels moaning at the ref expecting him to be given things.

still love him at OT though
He's renowned for having an attitude, there were a lot of stories at Dortmund about him but when you perform no one can criticize you. Then he went to La Liga which is like getting the equivalent of a PhD in ref abuse and diving.

NoLogo

Kane's just a ludicrously good footballer. Probably has good an eye (and technical skills) for pass as the best midfielders, whilst also being a lethal finisher. I actually think it's underplaying his quality to compare him and Haaland in terms of what they bring to a side overall.
Totally agree, for me, it's no contest, Kane is brining way more than just goals to a team. I mean, the great thing about having a player like Kane is that even if he isn't at his best in terms of finishing chances, he will most likely still create enough for his teammates to score.

Haaland is only mentioned because he basically was their striker purchase after not getting Kane the summer before, not because I think they are very similar players.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Kyle Walker is your biggest loss this game. Madrid have had plenty opportunities on the counter to punish you. Vini and Rodrygo especially are far too quick and technical for Akanji.
100%, he absolutely defends that 2nd goal with his pace. But we've been shit all around, if we get out of this with a draw or single goal defaat I'll be delighted.