Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

abundance

Supports
Inter
Yeah, can’t say I watched any full inter matches outside of last seasons UCL knockout campaign, so I’ve never been sure just how good or terrible he was. Seems 3 at the back probably suited him more perhaps.
nah his best years at Inter were when we still played a back four

Ish

Lights on for Luke
nah his best years at Inter were when we still played a back four
Thanks bud. How highly did you rate him and are you surprised he's struggling to get into that PSG starting lineup? (albeit Hernandez and Marquinhos would be a difficult duo for anyone to break into).

I think you initially wanted 60m euro for him when PSG was first interested, only for him to run down his contract and sign on a free? Sorry if my memory is wrong, but that's what i sort of recall.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Thanks bud. How highly did you rate him and are you surprised he's struggling to get into that PSG starting lineup? (albeit Hernandez and Marquinhos would be a difficult duo for anyone to break into).
He's a bit slow footed and clumsy on the ball. Really good defender but nothing special and not someone who particularly improves a top side. Last season Inter lost him to injury, replaced him with Darmian and barely noticed the difference. Surprised he struggles to get into the PSG lineup...no, not really. Maybe with a different manager, but he's just worse than Marquinhos and Lucas and not good enough on the ball for Luis Enrique

I think you initially wanted 60m euro for him when PSG was first interested, only for him to run down his contract and sign on a free? Sorry if my memory is wrong, but that's what i sort of recall.
Yep.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He's a bit slow footed and clumsy on the ball. Really good defender but nothing special and not someone who particularly improves a top side. Last season Inter lost him to injury, replaced him with Darmian and barely noticed the difference. Surprised he struggles to get into the PSG lineup...no, not really. Maybe with a different manager, but he's just worse than Marquinhos and Lucas and not good enough on the ball for Luis Enrique

Yep.
Thanks giorno. Sort of puts it into perspective then. Haven't watched him near enough but always just thought he was quite good re his reputation on here, the price inter wanted for him and just inters general form, really.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Thanks giorno. Sort of puts it into perspective then. Haven't watched him near enough but always just thought he was quite good re his reputation on here, the price inter wanted for him and just inters general form, really.
He is. Just, not an exceptional defender for a top side. Think Maguire at his best

Paula

Supports
Bayern
Real Madrid vs Dortmund is a final I didn't see coming. Fair play.
True, since real should have been elimiated by Leipzig already.
No Red for Vinicius, and a disallowed goal for Leipzig.
Even VAR favors Real :D

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Predictions for tonight?
I go with 3-0 for PSG. Don't get me wrong, I want PSG to drop out. I just can't see it. Dortmund is simply too shit.

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Predictions for tonight?
I go with 3-0 for PSG. Don't get me wrong, I won't PSG to drop out. I just can't see it. Dortmund is simply too shit.
Last minute equalizer by Sancho, Dortmund to reach the final. Just to give the people on here something else to get angry about, other than the performance yesterday.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Last minute equalizer by Sancho, Dortmund to reach the final. Just to give the people on here something else to get angry about, other than the performance yesterday.
I would very much take that since my ranking for the CL win goes something like: Bayern >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Real >>>>>>> Dortmund >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSG

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
I would very much take that since my ranking for the CL win goes something like: Bayern >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Real >>>>>>> Dortmund >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSG
Pretty much same, other than more > between Bayern and Real, and even more between BVB and PSG.

And as much as I would like to see a repeat of the last wembley final I'm not the optimistic type. Guessing PSG and Real to go through, PSG win and then I'm muting anything football related for months to forget PSG won a CL.

RoyH1

Predictions for tonight?
I go with 3-0 for PSG. Don't get me wrong, I want PSG to drop out. I just can't see it. Dortmund is simply too shit.
I'm out on a limb today, but I'm predicting Bayern to "upset" Madrid at home in extra time, maybe even penalties with a tactical coup by Tuchel. You guys have nothing else to play for and little to lose away at Madrid this time.

But PSG will turn it around against Dortmund. So Bayern-PSG final is what I'm putting my money on right now.

JogaBonitoRooney

I think Dortmund will make it. They keep surprising everybody in the CL and are able to get results. They beat Bayern recently and didn't lose to Leverkusen despite their poorer than usual league form. Also PSG are big chokers, they looked nothing special against a weak Barca either until they got the red card lifeline.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think Dortmund will make it. They keep surprising everybody in the CL and are able to get results. They beat Bayern recently and didn't lose to Leverkusen despite their poorer than usual league form. Also PSG are big chokers, they looked nothing special against a weak Barca either until they got the red card lifeline.
Honestly, anything other than a clear win for PSG would really surprise me. And that's not just pessimism or an attempt at jinxing.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Predictions for tonight?
More like a PSG 4 Dortmund 0 game

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
More like a PSG 4 Dortmund 0 game
Wouldn't be unlike Dortmund to rest most players on saturday and still trash Augsburg 5-1 with people I've never even heard of ( Kjell-Arik Watjen ) and then not turn up tonight.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Wouldn't be unlike Dortmund to rest most players on saturday and still trash Augsburg 5-1 with people I've never even heard of ( Kjell-Arik Watjen ) and then not turn up tonight.
Even if they turn up, which I expect them to, they are still the clearly worse team. I mean they have Emre Can playing...

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Even if they turn up, which I expect them to, they are still the clearly worse team. I mean they have Emre Can playing...
Worse teams can still win in CL semi finals and finals. Not gonna name names here though :P

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One thing for sure is that PSG will miss a lot of chances

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
True, since real should have been elimiated by Leipzig already.
No Red for Vinicius, and a disallowed goal for Leipzig.
Even VAR favors Real :D
Well yeah. That's what it's supposed to do

Red Star One

I don’t follow Bundesliga too much so checking their lineup I’ve also learned about a few players I didn’t know existed, like the former City lad Jamie Bynoe-Gittens.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Would be awesome if Dortmund make it through. Doubt it though. Hopefully a Malen masterclass tonight. @do.ob is he starting?!

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Would be awesome if Dortmund make it through. Doubt it though. Hopefully a Malen masterclass tonight. @do.ob is he starting?!
I expect Sancho and Adeyemi to start on the wings again. Malen can be a great sub though and I am sure he will see significant time on the pitch.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Surprised you prefer Real so strongly over us. I would much rather see Bayern win it over the twentieth Real win. PSG of course being the worst case scenario.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Surprised you prefer Real so strongly over us. I would much rather see Bayern win it over the twentieth Real win. PSG of course being the worst case scenario.
For me its very simple: I know few Real fans, I know many BVB fans. Might be the same for him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Our club and fans have a good relationship with Madrid. They all went to OT before they played city. I’d prefer either Madrid or your team to win it. So that would be my final… but I can see it being a PSG-Madrid final.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Dortmund to go through. If they play Real, they will win it. If they play us, we will.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Don't listen to the weirdos, it's obviously
Bayern >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dortmund >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSG >>>>> End of all things > Real

Todd

As an absolute neutral, I hope PSG turn this around. Dortmund are such an uninteresting club.

The Champions League final is made for superstars; I want to see guys like Mbappe and Vini Jr on the biggest stage.

Dortmund, on the other hand...I've only ever heard of four of their players, two of them because they've played for United, and the other two now basically being too old to be relevant anymore.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Don't listen to the weirdos, it's obviously
Bayern >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dortmund >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSG >>>>> End of all things > Real
If we are doing this, to me it would be

Dortmund >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bayern >> Real >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSG

And the distance between Real and PSG has been significantly reduced by virtue of Neymar switching clubs :lol:

Demyanenko_square_jaw

As an absolute neutral, I hope PSG turn this around. Dortmund are such an uninteresting club.

The Champions League final is made for superstars; I want to see guys like Mbappe and Vini Jr on the biggest stage.

Dortmund, on the other hand...I've only ever heard of four of their players, two of them because they've played for United, and the other two now basically being too old to be relevant anymore.
feck your superstars, it's for whoever wins the games needed to get there.

Telsim

Goncalo Ramos starting for PSG tonight. Meaning Mbappe is back to his natural position.

I think PSG will dismantle Dortmund.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Has to be somewhat weird seeing Sancho and Sabitzer in a CL semi final 2nd leg leading 1-0 as a united fan?