Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Musiala and Sané carrying knocks. They are at 100%.
They didn't play since weeks in the Bundesliga.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Don't understand why Tuchel replaced Gnabry with Davies. Ok he is fast but that's it and he is totally out of form. Pretty much non existent since being subbed on.
Why not Müller like in the first leg?
Carvajal and Velverde are bossing that side, Gnabry wasn't helping Mazroui I guess because he was injured. So I understand throwing Davies in to help since Guerrero is out too

But Davies has been pants. He might end up getting subbed. For a player who has been pushing for more money and a transfer to Madrid

tomaldinho1

Don't understand why Tuchel replaced Gnabry with Davies. Ok he is fast but that's it and he is totally out of form. Pretty much non existent since being subbed on.
Why not Müller like in the first leg?
Feel like you need a bit of pace there to be honest, try and get Kane more in the game and able to play it through (which he's failed at twice)

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Good first half, what you would expect from a semi-final. I don't think I would change anything.
Now the question is to get good substitutions, at the right time, that they bring something to the game and the physical endurance.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Hard to watch so far. Pinned back and hanging on for far too much of the game, a few good counters squandered. Losing Gnabry after half an hour. 0-0 at half time already feels like the best part of it

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Good first half, what you would expect from a semi-final. I don't think I would change anything.
Now the question is to get good substitutions, at the right time, that they bring something to the game and the physical endurance.
Modric will win this for us

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Pavlovic fantastic. So calm. 45/45 correct passes. Musiala, different class. Real on top but Bayern look decent on the counter.

Jaae

Not ITK
This is the other side of taking away away-goals. Both teams are playing like it’s 0-0 instead of Bayern chasing the goal and opening the game up.

It’s been a poor game so far.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't get people praising Musiala tonight? He touched the ball like 3 times in the first half

He'll go on to boss the second half now, but weird

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Carvajal and Velverde are bossing that side, Gnabry wasn't helping Mazroui I guess because he was injured. So I understand throwing Davies in to help since Guerrero is out too
Guerrero is an huge miss. Much better than Davies.

All in all disappointing half from us. Tuchel's setup is too defensive, hardly any threat going forward..
We need the luck of Dortmund go through, if we continue to play like that.

Charlie Foley

Am I the only one who is a tad shocked Ancelotti only has 6 league wins?
Yeah I think so, but looking through his career now for years where I feel like not winning the league can be held against him and when it’s just a tough situation.

Juve: should have won the league that first year. The pitch at Perugia on the last day was a joke, but the title should have been wrapped up by then. They lost 4 of their last 8: admittedly 2 against Lazio and Milan, but also mid table Hellas Verona and Perugia.

The following year…how much do you want to blame VDS? Sloppy a lot of that season and the montella goal is the famous one

Milan: should have won more than one here I think, but it’s hard to accurately assess anything in Serie A during Calciopoli, and by the end Milan were oooold. Form did fall off a cliff in the league in 02-03 (the year before they were 6th when he came in), it was in their hands to win it that year but then that would have been doing a treble! They win it the next year, no one is the winner in 04-05, points deductions in the next 2 years are decisive and beyond that they’re Too old to really be title challenging

At Chelsea, going 1/2 against Ferguson, even if we were a little weaker in 09-11 than the three years before, is impressive frankly.

PSG, you’d expect them to win the title both years he was there-losing to Montpellier the first season wasn’t great, but it was the first year of the takeover and they improved a lot on the season before (4th to second, 60 to 79 points). Look at City in 08-09 and even the next 2 years, nowhere close to a league title.

first spell at RM, la liga was a dogfight then, and they got 87 points the first season and 92 the second. Unfortunate timing I guess, maybe they should have finished the league stronger in 2013-14

Won the league at Bayern.

Could we ‘expect’ Napoli to win Serie A in 2019? Hard to hold that against him.

Everton are Everton.

he’s won 2 of 3 since returning to Real, which is really helping his overall statistics.

RoyH1

Simply remembering that as a Spurs player he s not supposed to win anything.
If Bayern wins, the world will end. Unfortunately. The double curses of Kane and Marco Reus in a final in which there has to be a winner, would cause a karmic event of incredible potency. The resulting dimensional singularity would cause a tear in the very fabric of time and space

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He doesn't turn around with the ball so far. It's control and pass it back. Compare it with Vinicius who tries to take it on
Nah, he's involved and trying to make things happen. Like Vini and Rodrygo needs to be more accurate, and they need to get on the same page. He's playing well

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Modric will win this for us
Hopefully. He has been doing well lately and considering his age he is in good form. Of course, a proper pass is needed.
However, this is starting to smell bad...bad like 2012.

Bwuk

I'd have Muller on for Mazouri soon. Davies back to LB and Musiala wide.

Charlie Foley

Belligham has been invisible tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if Real becomes much better if Brahim plays

NoPace

I'd have Muller on for Mazouri soon. Davies back to LB and Musiala wide.
I bet on Davies to score when he came on because they gave him FB odds. If this sub happens I will hold you responsible.