Champions League 2022/23 - Matchday 6 - 1/2 November

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Need a PSG win here. Ensure they are a potential scouse banisher and give us a chance at having a weaker team in the EL.

Separately, why are PSG being abbreviated as 'PAR' and Paris for the full name? It's like us being called Manchester (which admittedly people in Europe still do :lol: )

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Need a PSG win here. Ensure they are a potential scouse banisher and give us a chance at having a weaker team in the EL.

Separately, why are PSG being abbreviated as 'PAR' and Paris for the full name? It's like us being called Manchester (which admittedly people in Europe still do :lol: )
Branding. People, especially kids, might not understand what PSG means, or where they're from. Paris is easier

Milan score immediately to put the game to bed. 2-0 Krunic

Amarsdd

Just saw the Chelsea scoreline. When did they sign Zakaria?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Branding. People, especially kids, might not understand what PSG means, or where they're from. Paris is easier

Milan score immediately to put the game to bed. 2-0 Krunic
I get why they do it but why are they even allowed to do so beyond the obvious fact they can get away with anything nowadays because their CEO owns UEFA?

I guess Liverpool and Milan (somewhat) do it, so it's not that uncommon but still

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Milan kill the game, 3-0, who else again. Good play by Leao finally

wr8_utd

:'(
Benfica lead and PSG are in 2nd as things stand. Their inability to keep a clean sheet vs Benfica is going to prove costly.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Are Seville and Napoli managed by the same person?

Sara125

Guys, don’t roast me…

I had no idea Telles is at Sevilla now until I looked up at the screen and saw his shirt (if you’re wondering where I thought he’d been this whole time, I didn’t even think about it or notice at all :lol:)

PoTMS

Feck PSG - they are dogshite. Liverpool would beat them easily.

Withnail

Guys, don’t roast me…

I had no idea Telles is at Sevilla now until I looked up at the screen and saw his shirt (if you’re wondering where I thought he’d been this whole time, I didn’t even think about it or notice at all :lol:)
Out of sight out of mind is perfectly understandable when we're talking about players of the quality of Telles.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Psg as second seeds will be a bit shit. Rather they had a chance to face Liverpool.

Witchking

Feck PSG - they are dogshite. Liverpool would beat them easily.
Not sure if there's any team that would defeat Liverpool. They gave become quite good in the champions league. Probably Bayern if they don't get knocked out before that.

wr8_utd

PSG go 2-1 up. Mendes scores a minute after coming on. Great work from Messi and Mbappe in the buildup.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Not sure if there's any team that would defeat Liverpool. They gave become quite good in the champions league. Probably Bayern if they don't get knocked out before that.
yeah, the team currently 9th in the league are basically unbeatable

wr8_utd

Juve are lucky away goals don't count anymore. They'd be losing the H2H to Maccabi otherwise.

wr8_utd

Benfica are just 2 goals behind PSG right now. If they do score those two goals, them and PSG are tied on H2H, Goal difference and goals scored.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
If Benfica score 2 more goals, I can see that everything will be even with Paris. Goal differences, goal for, against etc. What will be the tie breaker?

PoTMS

If Benfica score 2 more goals, I can see that everything will be even with Paris. Goal differences, goal for, against etc. What they will be the criteria?
Champions League group stage tiebreakers
  1. points obtained in group matches played among teams in question
  2. superior goal difference from group matches played among teams in question
  3. goals scored in group matches played among teams in question
  4. superior goal difference in all group matches
  5. goals scored in all group matches
  6. away goals scored in all group matches
  7. wins in all group matches
  8. away wins in all group matches
  9. disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards
  10. UEFA club coefficient
In this instance, Benfica will finish top.