Champions League and Europa League draws (11am UK time) - LASK or Manchester United v Istanbul Basaksehiror or FC Copenhagen

IAmAWinner

Istanbul Basaksehir got an interesting team btw - Clichy, Elia, Ba, Skrtel, Robinho, Inler. Would be an elite team in 2010.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I hope we score early in the return leg against Chelsea. They are in great shape at the moment, while we won't have played a real game in six weeks when we meet again. If they take the lead i expect a nerve wracking affair despite our 3-0 away win.
Stop this. No need to pretend it's gonna be anything but a comfortable match. They're very far from your team's level, regardless of the break.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I hope we score early in the return leg against Chelsea. They are in great shape at the moment, while we won't have played a real game in six weeks when we meet again. If they take the lead i expect a nerve wracking affair despite our 3-0 away win.
:lol:

Come on dude.

I bet half the Chelsea side don't even wanna play the fixture.

Devil81

Come on dude.

Why wouldn't they, Bayern with a six week lay off is near enough a full summer break.

To keep them match fit in that time will be difficult while Chelsea will be going straight into it flying.

I'd say they fancy their chances of winning the fixture, just not sure if they can drag back 3 goals.

Shiva87

Things look set for an United vs Inter (United old boys) final. Should be fun to see how we fare!

Nothing but a walloping will do! :P

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Inter have a pretty easy route to the final. Sevilla revenge and then Conte revenge for the 2018 cup final? :smirk:
Getafe is potentially a frustrating match up for Inter. They aren't the quintessential Spanish side exceedingly comfortable in possession. They cede possession in an attempt to stifle the opposition, they exaggerate contact, feign injury, make niggling fouls to disrupt the rhythm of the game and then plead their innocence to the refs, goad players to get underneath their skin, try to get players booked, dogged running out of possession, defensive qualities, long balls etc. They remind me of a cross between Stoke under the tutelage of Tony Pulis, and Jose's Chelsea that were time wasting from the first minute in the game which Gerrard slipped. The difference in the encounter between Real Madrid and Getafe was a very late penalty. Against Ajax, they didn't concede a single shot on goal in the first leg. A real clash of philosophies which made it a cracking game albeit not from an aesthetic standpoint. Furthermore, Spanish representatives have done well in Europa League.

In contrast, Inter aren't the most dominant of sides from a possession standpoint, and they will invariably have the bulk of it. There's also Conte's underwhelming history in the European stage, and his temperament will be pulled into question with Getafe's approach to games. That being said, the results since the restart haven't great for Getafe, and Inter will hope they have enough quality to overcome the challenges. I'll be looking forward to the spectacle between them, and if Inter can beat them convincingly that should be recognized as an achievement imo.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

We've got one minor advantage. Should we progress to the final — we’d therefore play all the games in the same stadium whilst the away team would play there for the first time. Small margins and all that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Things look set for an United vs Inter (United old boys) final. Should be fun to see how we fare!

Imagine losing to Inter in the final with Sanchez and Lukaku having stormers...
Just after missing out on 4th marginally!

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
The competition in the Europa league seems to have gone down in quality. The only major treat to us not winning it is Inter Milan. Else, I expect us to win it.

I definitely expect to see A United vs Inter final. That will be an interesting watch.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The competition in the Europa league seems to have gone down in quality. The only major treat to us not winning it is Inter Milan. Else, I expect us to win it.
Sevilla are pretty good, they'd be a tough opponent in a one off game and they seem to always do well in the Europa League

Same points as Atletico in La Liga with 3 games to go.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
It'll be interesting to see if Leverkusen gets to experience any kind of home advantage in that competition. I mean we've seen that home advantage pretty much disappeared in domestic competitions plus they won't get to play in their own stadium, however they're pretty familiar with those arenas in Gelsenkirchen, Cologne and Düsseldorf and all these venues are pretty much next door to them. I reckon there's gotta be at least some kind of advantage when you get to sleep in your own bed and know the area.

TrustInOle

Apologies if this has already been asked, but what will happen with Smalling (Roma) and Sanchez (Inter) if we end up meeting them? Are they allowed to play? Can't remember seeing two European teams face off with loans from one of the club's. I'm guessing they can't play?

Either way, would fecking love Inter in the final, put one over that cocky shit Lukaku.

peridigm

Apologies if this has already been asked, but what will happen with Smalling (Roma) and Sanchez (Inter) if we end up meeting them? Are they allowed to play? Can't remember seeing two European teams face off with loans from one of the club's. I'm guessing they can't play?

Either way, would fecking love Inter in the final, put one over that cocky shit Lukaku.
They can play. The rule only applies to domestic leagues as far as I know.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Come on dude.

I'd be surer if we played this week, while our key players are fit and in form. They have a month to slack off as it is. Despite that i'm not worried unless the specific scenario i painted, with Chelsea taking an early lead, comes to pass.

Paul_Scholes18

Good draw I think. Hope we don't have to play vs Inter in the final nor Wolves in a semi final.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Don't loans depend on the agreement between the clubs?

Whether Sanchez or Smalling can play against us depends on the agreement with the respective clubs. I would imagine that we'd say no to them playing against us.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Sanchez can’t play as he’s on loan. Must be a relief...for inter fans

Devil81

You'd imagine LASK don't even want to turn up.

Why would they expect them to travel to a German during a global pandemic when they are basically out of the tie already. It just seems stupid, surely they should have been given the option to pass on attending given there won't even be supporters in the stadiums.

mu4c_20le

Don't loans depend on the agreement between the clubs?

Whether Sanchez or Smalling can play against us depends on the agreement with the respective clubs. I would imagine that we'd say no to them playing against us.
We negotiated a new loan deal with Roma for the next season that includes an obligation to buy, I guess they removed that clause because they need him for the rest of their EL campaign.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Please, just don't.

I will remember this comment if it happens, with very bad intentions :mad:

:lol::lol:
Could you imagine!

It'd make my trip home from the Wycombe v Southend play off final at Wembley in 2015, having conceded a 120th min extra time equaliser, and then lost on pens, seem a terrific train ride home in comparison!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Sanchez can’t play as he’s on loan. Must be a relief...for inter fans
You can't stop loan players from playing against parent clubs in European comps. But the issue here is that his loan expires at the end of the domestic season, before the EL games. We're trying to dangle a carrot rotten egg by offering to extend the loan and adding an obligation to buy. Let's pray Inter are dumb enough to accept it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why wouldn't they, Bayern with a six week lay off is near enough a full summer break.

To keep them match fit in that time will be difficult while Chelsea will be going straight into it flying.

I'd say they fancy their chances of winning the fixture, just not sure if they can drag back 3 goals.
It's a 3 goal gap between possibly the best team in Europe this season.

RazorOz

I am amazed how so many people play down Bayern Munich. They are definitely favourites in for the CL in my book. Since losing to Gladbach on the 7th December they are played 26 won 25 drew 1, that's an incredible run of form.

The competitions are going to be even more swingy than normal though being 1 leg KO ties. Can easily go wrong for anyone on the night in that format.

TrustInOle

Could you imagine!

It'd make my trip home from the Wycombe v Southend play off final at Wembley in 2015, having conceded a 120th min extra time equaliser, and then lost on pens, seem a terrific train ride home in comparison!
Honestly, I can given United's laclusture approach to advantage situations like this over the past 5 years. :houllier:

Fingers crossed that Ole and the players can scrub this 'record' away also, but damn that still sounds like a depressing train home, hopefully not to many Southend supporters on your way back :lol:

Shiva87

Imagine losing to Inter in the final with Sanchez and Lukaku having stormers...
Just after missing out on 4th marginally!
Why? I don't believe in pessimism. Will deal with it if (and that's a big big if) it comes to pass. Too many variables before that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Imagine we thrash Inter and Lukaku shits himself and Sanchez has spaghetti spilled on him.
Get top 4 bagged, win the FA cup, then we have a total relaxed freebie to enjoy that scenario of yours.
Watching Sanchez failing to outsprint even Matic, and Lukaku ricocheting balls into touch.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
For anyone that wants to try to recapture all the excitement of yesterday, the UEFA YoutTube channel has just posted a video called:

'Relive the UEFA Europa League quarter-final, semi-final and final draws!' :drool: