Champions League and Europa League draws (11am UK time) - LASK or Manchester United v Istanbul Basaksehiror or FC Copenhagen

always_hoping

I'd expect Istanbul Basaksehir the table toppers in Turkey to be Uniteds opponents in the quarter finals. Sevilla looks likely in the semi finals and Inter in the final. A tough draw all things considered and I reckon Sevilla are strongest opposition in the competition but United in current form will a fully fit team, bring it on.

PoTMS

I really really want us to meet Sevilla and absolutely dumpster them. Nothing against that club, but that 2nd leg and the following presser at OT was a stain that needs to be washed out by a convincing victory.
What do you know about football 'eritage?

stu_1992

Probably the best QF draw we could have gotten so you can't be anything but happen with that. Semi-final looks potentially more difficult but realistically there's no one in this competition that we can't beat so there's that.

Gasolin

I really really want us to meet Sevilla and absolutely dumpster them. Nothing against that club, but that 2nd leg and the following presser at OT was a stain that needs to be washed out by a convincing victory.
Same, I'd want to meet them, and unleash Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Bruno and Pogba. With one order: make it a blood bath.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It really is disappointing not having Liverpool in the champions league draws. That aside I’m looking at both Manchester clubs to win their respective competitions

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Im glad for some potential juicy ties to keep my interest in this. If we get CL confirmed through the league I wouldn't give two shits about this tournament playing a load of crappy small teams so the prospect of Sevilla and Inter makes this tournament much more entertaining!

InfiniteBoredom

It really is disappointing not having Liverpool in the champions league draws. That aside I’m looking at both Manchester clubs to win their respective competitions
Don’t think City is winning the CL, they will bottle it at some point.

Their best known players are Bryan Oviedo, Varela (yes that Varela) and Victor Fischer. They are strong and direct most of the time. Their manager used to manage Köln and then Wolves back in 2012-13.
Wow he’s still around? :lol:

Okey

I hope we're ending the original Smalling and Sanchez loans so they can't play europa league. Can always renew for next season. I'm hearing Smalling will be extended for next season at €3m with obligation to buy for €17m. Hopefully that's only for when next season starts. Last thing we want is any of ours having a chance to hurt us.

always_hoping

The early exit will really kick in for Liverpool supporters when the competition restarts. While United are more than capable of winning the Europa league I'll be more than surprised if City with their poor defence win the CL. Matter of fact I don't even expect them to reach the final.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'd expect Istanbul Basaksehir the table toppers in Turkey to be Uniteds opponents in the quarter finals. Sevilla looks likely in the semi finals and Inter in the final. A tough draw all things considered and I reckon Sevilla are strongest opposition in the competition but United in current form will a fully fit team, bring it on.
Inter > Sevilla

King Andow

I hope we're ending the original Smalling and Sanchez loans so they can't play europa league. Can always renew for next season. I'm hearing Smalling will be extended for next season at €3m with obligation to buy for €17m. Hopefully that's only for when next season starts. Last thing we want is any of ours having a chance to hurt us.
They're more likely to hurt their own team.
Does anyone know the rule for the number of players on the bench and substitutes? Same as EPL? Will be fun to see some kids vs LASK.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
So the semi final is gonna be both away and home legs or are they playing at a neutral venue?

Also, are those dates accurate. Both legs are played within a day of each other?

Mcking

Their best known players are Bryan Oviedo, Varela (yes that Varela) and Victor Fischer. They are strong and direct most of the time. Their manager used to manage Köln and then Wolves back in 2012-13.
Oviedo and Varela? :lol:
I could see us smashing them 5-0 like we did LASK and Brugge.

Mcking

So the semi final is gonna be both away and home legs or are they playing at a neutral venue?

Also, are those dates accurate. Both legs are played within a day of each other?
One match at a neutral venue I think. Benfica or Lisbon.
Edit: that should be UCL. Not sure about UEL.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's quite fortunate that we don't have to go to Instanbul if we face them in the next round.

Under normal circumstances that would be quite an inconvenient trip.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I'm less confident with one-legged ties that I would be with two. Anything can happen with a single match, but I don't think any of the teams left could live with United in this form over 2 legs.

flappyjay

He won't play because his loan ends before then. Same for Sanchez.
I meant in a scenario where both clubs are able to extend the loans. I imagine with Mike we will loan back to Roma with an obligation to buy

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I hope we score early in the return leg against Chelsea. They are in great shape at the moment, while we won't have played a real game in six weeks when we meet again. If they take the lead i expect a nerve wracking affair despite our 3-0 away win.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good draw for us. To be honest, I didn't care either way. We have to meet the mighty Wolves, Inter or Roma either way. Doesn't really matter. Bring em on, I say.

But the CL draw is annoying. Great that City have a difficult route, but really annoying that PSG barely have to work to make the final. Still dont feel Atletico are the force they are and would have liked to see PSG have face to Barca/City/Bayern to get to the final. Oh well, here's hoping Atletico or one of the smaller boys win the whole darn thing!

InfiniteBoredom

I don’t think so. That whole us against the world thing I think it’s going to help them out immensely
They managed to feck up against Spurs of all sides last year. The current Juventus side playing shit on a stick football would probably still beat them handily.

el3mel

I don't get the draws. Did they scrap the away leg in both competitions and will play the next round immediately?

Gasolin

I hope we score early in the return leg against Chelsea. They are in great shape at the moment, while we won't have played a real game in six weeks when we meet again. If they take the lead i expect a nerve wracking affair despite our 3-0 away win.
You're worried about that Chelsea team?!?

tjb

I don’t think so. That whole us against the world thing I think it’s going to help them out immensely
My bet is on Bayern. They're that good again under Flick. Machine like. City also have to be considered, but a part of me still feels they could lose the second leg to Madrid. It would not surprise me if Atletico or Juve brought a surprise. Barcelona are not winning. For a team like theirs to win, I've always felt they have to be able to truly dominate the best teams as they don't have the tools on the counter to take advantage of an open game. I believe Bayern, City and Madrid are better, PSG have the quality and flair in attack to always make them a threat without having the shackle of structured play that Barca have. Should be fun.

As for the Europa league, I really don't see how we lose. It's after the season, so a fixture pile up will not occur. Our current xi is far superior to any other in the competition, and furthermore the initial fixtures we have are easy enough to use squad players for, at least until the quarter finals. Inter are the only real threat, but even we meet them in the final, if we do not have injures, we so should beat them handily.

ShinjiNinja26

Good draw. One leg ties leave no margin for so need to be right on it but should be progressing. Hope Wolves get knocked out, seem to be nightmare for us to play against and with it being a one off game anything could happen.

Josh 76

You are writing on a Utd forum that's it's disappointing not having Liverpool in the CL draw.
We don't give a flying feck. Some people are deluded.