Champions League Final - Barcelona vs Juventus

jojose

No matter who wins, I hope it'll be a cracking match and I really hope Juventus will not capitulate like we did twice against Barca. They have a lot of time to prepare this final.
Picking Anderson to press the Barca midfield was one of Fergies strangest decisions!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Fourth Champions League and a fifth Ballon D'or for Leo, hopefully.
Its a shame he didn't play in the 2005-2006 final, apparently he was fit to play but Rikjaard didn't put him in the squad. Even Xavi didn't play in that final. Looks like Iniesta will be the only one who has played in all 4.

Haddock

We can find a reason for every club really. Bayern winning another cl title. Madrid going to 11.

What's wrong with juve exactly? They had some corrupt officials a decade ago. Whatelse?
Their fans, ugh! Like ours but worse and with half the self awareness that they are cnuts. Bayern fans are still the worst though.

NoLogo

I can see this going two ways. Either Messi and his two best buddies kick Juve out of the stadium with 3 or 4 goals or it will become a long and drawn out battle that will either be decided by a late goal from a standard situation in Juves favour or end in a penalty shootout and see Juve lift the CL trophy.

Haddock

After 3 very meh cup finals over the weekend, I'm hoping this one delivers.
Hey now the much maligned Europa League had a great final.

People are acting like Juve are a team of cloggers. They've got Vidal,Pogba and Carlos effing Tevez for God's sake.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I'm probably the millionth person on here to point this out, but just realised that this is Tevez and Evra's third season together, and the third time they've reached the Champions League final. Proper bromance right there.

Skorenzy

I'm probably the millionth person on here to point this out, but just realised that this is Tevez and Evra's third season together, and the third time they've reached the Champions League final. Proper bromance right there.
Nothing tops the Maxwell-Ibra bromance... both joined Ajax in 2001/02, Inter in 2006/07, Barça in 2009/10 and Maxwell joined PSG six months earlier (Jan. 2012) than Ibra (2012/13).

RooneyLegend

Picking Anderson to press the Barca midfield was one of Fergies strangest decisions!
The team sir alex put out there didn't make sense and he spent the whole match trying to fix it. Surely having Tevez on the field rather than park would've made more sense? Why not Scholes instead of Anderson in midfield? Why not Rafael instead of O'Shea who was never gonna keep up with Henry?

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
feck off :(

Bad news about Chiellini, really wanted two full strength sides, and to see him and Suarez fight to the death.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't see Juve getting a win or even forcing extra time, even moreso now that Chiellini is out. They're best hope is to keep Messi/Neymar/Suarez at bay for long enough for them to grab a goal so they don't have to chase the game. Can see it being 3-1 or something like that for Barca.

Shark

@NotShark
Juve don't have a hope of winning, but it won't be a thrashing. 2-0 is my bet with Barca scoring a 2nd late on.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Good times in Brissy. Where you win the biggest trophy in the world and nobody cares.
It's not that big here sadly as no English team/s will be competing. ESPN will give it the publicity it deserves so too SBS aas they'll both show the game.

RooneyLegend

Someone convince me putting $100 on Juve to win the trophy isn't ill advised, stupid and burning money.
Depends on the line up they put out. If they put out the right line up its a 50:50 game, if they don't they gonna get beat. Hope for the right line up and cash in.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Chiellini's absence is a terrible blow. I'd say it decreases Juve's chances significantly now and I'm starting to feel less and less optimistic about their chances.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
I actually thought Chiellini might end up handing Barca a penalty, or a man advantage! Cracking defender but he can be really rash and clumbsy at times.

NoPace

Chiellini's absence is a terrible blow. I'd say it decreases Juve's chances significantly now and I'm starting to feel less and less optimistic about their chances.
Optimistic view: Chiellini being out and the slower Barzagli coming in will lead Allegri to play deeper, denying Suarez and Neymar the space they need in behind (Messi is great all the time) and it's a close game instead of an inevitable 3-1 Barca victory.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I stuck a tenner on a messi hat trick at 28/1...thought those odds were worth a punt. They've shortened now to closer to 15/1
Now you've done that he will score 2 then miss a penalty.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Someone convince me putting $100 on Juve to win the trophy isn't ill advised, stupid and burning money.
Think Barca are huge favourites to win it personally... Obviously there's a chance, but most likely you're just giving away $100