Champions League Final - Barcelona vs Juventus

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No matter who wins, I hope it'll be a cracking match and I really hope Juventus will not capitulate like we did twice against Barca. They have a lot of time to prepare this final.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No matter who wins, I hope it'll be a cracking match and I really hope Juventus will not capitulate like we did twice against Barca. They have a lot of time to prepare this final.
I don't think they will. They'll pack the midfield and narrow the pitch like we didn't.

Gannicus

Seriously, what makes this ref the top choice for the most important football match in the world in 2015?

OldTrevil

I want the Juve that played the 1st leg against Real to turn up and hope they win. I want to see Evra win another CL, and I don't want to see anymore teeth of the cnut that shall not be named.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Anyone know a good Spanish bar to watch this in London? Or any bar that'll be full of Barca fans, and hopefully have decent Spanish food.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I really hope Juventus win. It'd be great to see Pirlo, Buffon and Evra get another Champions League win, and I really don't want that d*ck Suarez to win it.

Barcelona will probably win, but I hope Juve do!
Buffon has not won Champions League yet so it won't be another.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I am not too fussed who wins it. I just want to see a good match. Though it would be great to see Pat get one more.

pauldyson1uk

I really hope Juventus win. It'd be great to see Pirlo, Buffon and Evra get another Champions League win, and I really don't want that d*ck Suarez to win it.

Barcelona will probably win, but I hope Juve do!
Yeah but Tevez is just as big a cock has Suarez is, but Evra deserves another CL medal , so just Juventus for me .

Haddock

I have no interest in seeing Barca win a fifth title and become even more attractive to top players and people seem to have forgotten what a loathsome club Juventus is. Shame both teams can't lose.

amolbhatia50k

I have no interest in seeing Barca win a fifth title and become even more attractive to top players and people seem to have forgotten what a loathsome club Juventus is. Shame both teams can't lose.
We can find a reason for every club really. Bayern winning another cl title. Madrid going to 11.

What's wrong with juve exactly? They had some corrupt officials a decade ago. Whatelse?

Needham

Juventus winning things is the only pleasure Notts County fans ever get.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Yeah but Tevez is just as big a cock has Suarez is, but Evra deserves another CL medal , so just Juventus for me .
Why does Evra deserve another Champions League winners medal? If he's in the winning side, he'll deserve one if not, he doesn't deserve one.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I don't think they will. They'll pack the midfield and narrow the pitch like we didn't.
Yep, and they have the players (especially midfield!) to do it well.

Can really only seem them hitting Barca from a set piece (a Pirlo delivery :drool:) or counter.

At the end of the day, it's all going to come down to which Messi shows up. "Cup final" Messi and Juve might as well concede the title now. :lol: (unless it's the WC :nervous:)

amolbhatia50k

Why does Evra deserve another Champions League winners medal? If he's in the winning side, he'll deserve one if not, he doesn't deserve one.
Doesn't Buffon deserve one CL medal more than Casillas two/three and Valdes three?

amolbhatia50k

I think much depends on the first goal. Barca score and they should win pretty easily. Juve score and their game plan can them perfectly of shutting down the spaces and frustrating.

Treble

Have the feeling that Neymar will be the hero in that game. Juve will focus on Messi and this will leave more space for Neymar.

RooneyLegend

Have the feeling that Neymar will be the hero in that game. Juve will focus on Messi and this will leave more space for Neymar.
Litchsteiner should have Neymar in decent check. He is sometimes to slow in reading attackers movement but vs Madrid he had Ronaldo looked after most of the time.

amolbhatia50k

I'm not one for sentiment. If you're in the winning team, you deserve a medal. If you're not in the winning team, that's life.
It's not about sentiment. I'm talking about performances. Buffon will go down as a legend of the game. It's slighly odd to see inferior players getting their hands on old big ears whereas one of the greats not doing so. I'm not saying that Juve should win because he doesn't have that medal, I'm saying his career does deserve one.

RooneyLegend

Yep, and they have the players (especially midfield!) to do it well.

Can really only seem them hitting Barca from a set piece (a Pirlo delivery :drool:) or counter.

At the end of the day, it's all going to come down to which Messi shows up. "Cup final" Messi and Juve might as well concede the title now. :lol: (unless it's the WC :nervous:)
What's more important is how much of messi's supply they can strangle. If they do that well, they could have him well handled, if not its going to be a long day for evra.

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
What's more important is how much of messi's supply they can strangle. If they do that well, they could have him well handled, if not its going to be a long for evra.
Aye, but there's still the possibility of Suarez/Neymar/Iniesta/Rakitic doing damage if they focus on Messi too much :lol: but yeah, they need to focus on Messi, but like Pep said, if his in the mood, there's not much a gameplan can do to stop genius.