Champions League Final - Barcelona vs Juventus

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
I'm so much more excited for this game than I would have been if it was Real and Barca. This fixture, at the highest level, feels somewhat fresh.

Hoping for a good game and a Juventus win. Vidal to have a stormer.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Del Piero is the ultimate gent.

NM

Forza Juve! I dislike Pogba and Tevez but dislike Suarez more!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Messi, Neymar, Vidal, Pogba, Tevez.....Suarez/Evra/Chiellini

This could be the greatest CL final ever.

RooneyLegend

Do Juve have a chance? Obviously. They're like the best defensive team in club football and Barca are the best offensive team around, this is typical fire vs ice situation. What's better is both teams can take care of the other side of the game too. While Juve is not a wonderful offensive machine, they can get goals. While Barca aren't the best defensive team, they don't really concede much.

IMO how much of a chance Juve have will be
determined by Max's tactics. If he plays the
right team, I don't Barca them creating much and I'd back Juve to sneak in a goal or 2 and closing up shop. If Juve play the wrong set up, I have a feeling they going to be in for a long night. Barca is very good at being front runners and chasing the game against them can lead to things getting ugly real fast. They do have the single most decisive player in world football. Barca play a simple formation. A 4-3-3 with messi as some sort of right wing come classic 10. Juve should know all about those since they had 2 of the greatest ever classic 10's to ever play(Platini and Baggio). Handling him is going to be pivotal but if you've watched enough of him you'd know that if things aren't going his teams way, he tends to disappear from matches. The best way to do that will obviously be to neutralise his supply and make sure he's accounted for. Neutralising the supply would be
making sure that someone like iniesta doesn't
have a big game.

Here's what I think they should do to give themselves the best chance of winning. Max has to leave pirlo on the bench IMO. Pirlo's lack of athleticism is at a point where it hurts Juve more than aid them nowadays. Their pressing game falls apart when he's on the pitch as defensively he's such a big
liability. He's not going to win much loose balls or put anyone under pressure. He's not going to cover the fullbacks or defend well into the box if they penetrate them. Essentially they need Marchisio there who can do all that. While he doesn't have the pirlo passing his defending at the base of midfield is wonderful. Plus he's not
all that bad with the ball at his feet.
Another adjustment Max should make is
to play vidal on the left instead of the right
hand side of their diamond. Why? That's messi's area and controlling him will be essential. Pogba is a fantastic footballer but defensively isn't on vidal's level. Evra is an occupational hazard but him being beat on the inside has to be accounted for by the midfielder covering for him. Doubt even at this age that evra is gonna
get beat much on the outside. Another thing is Pogba on the right would need to play deeper than he usually does, and given that he's the most technically gifted midfielder they have that's also going to be important. They need him to use his dribbling to beat the press and his passing to play out from the back. Another thing is that, that side is Iniesta territory and we've seen Pogba handle him well while playing for france.

Juve need their attackers to get the job done
when the opportunity arises. Pereyra vs
Busquets on the counter could be useful to them.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Come on Juve! Evra to score the winner :drool:

Would Barcelona be the first European side to have won the treble more than once if they win tonight?

Raul Madrid

Graeme Souness "not convinced" by Pogba. I'm sure he's definitely seen him play more than 4 times.
Last year he called Modric a "weak link" and a "5 a side player" after he had an excellent season for Madrid. He says a lot of silly things.

LARulz

Chiellini missing is a huge blow to Juve though.
Quite disappointing really, wanted all the best players to play today.

I'm thinking 2-0 Barca, but wouldn't mind Juve winning at all

Moonred

I am watching this with a bunch of barca fans. If Juve wins, i am going to have so much fun before dying a brutal death.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Last year he called Modric a "weak link" and a "5 a side player" after he had an excellent season for Madrid. He says a lot of silly things.
Also said earlier this season before the city game I think that Herrera doesn't really do anything, meanwhile the highlight clips are showing him scoring goals, getting assists and playing nice passes.

Souness is just clueless on a lot pretty much.

LARulz

Didn't know Henry and Evra knew each other since they were 12

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
"I left for personal reasons"

As soon as the interview ends, Sky ask if United sold him too soon. Feckin pathetic.
He left because of Moyes I think and was already set on leaving before Moyes got sacked. Don't think evras the type to go back and change his mind. Probably didnt think he'd be starting anymore either.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I've just now realised I'm gutted Evra didn't retire with us. Fecking great character.