Champions League Final: FC Internazionale Milano vs 115 Charges FC

killerboi2

Lots of my fellow United fans congratulating City. Tribalism dying off in the modern game?

AFC NimbleThumb

Upset? No
Confused by crap posting? Yes.
So the club are not currently in negotiations for a player entering the final year of his contract at a team that have to sell for a fee somewhere in the middle of what they’d like to pay & are being told to? Call it whatever you like but what is confusing are posters like yourself who get upset about these things.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
The only cope from me is that trebles today aren't as special as they were when we won in 1999. With only a handful of megateams dominating nowadays, we now see a treble winner almost every season.
Aye, not only were that United team the first English club to do it - they did it with a mixture of academy products and shrewd transfers. Yes, there was the odd marquee signing (Stam was £14m which was enormous back then) - but the success was down to excellent management. I'd love to know how the footballing landscape would lie in England had Fergie never retired.

Nicolarra90

Absolute copium from me, but winning a treble with a core of academy players, over a core of players purchased by financial doping, any day of the week for me.
Nobody cares about that. Only us. Let's face it.

Chicharo

Charges or no charges (and we all know they won't suffer any serious consequences) this still hurts.
What frightens me is that this could only be the beginning. Surely they will be the biggest favorites to win it again next season.

padr81

Supports
Man City
you sure showed me
The general section of the caf is full of supporters from nearly all club, sucks for you. You have clear issues, if you have a problem with me using the forum put me on ignore and politely feck off.

Longshanks

It's happened now then. They have finally bought old big ears. It was inevitable it was going to happen eventually wasn't it.

It only ever felt like delaying the inevitable. Shows what you can do if you throw enough money at it. Still be 115 reasons why it's tainted and I suppose it's will always be known that they bought it like with everything.

Oranges038

Pep knows he sold his soul to win with City.

Looks like a man that deep down knows the whole thing was achieved through cheating.

That or he just needs to snort another line to put a bit more pep in his step.

siw2007

Why would Liverpool be upset for Man City winning the same treble we did back in 99?

They will probably be celebrating just as much as the British media are celebrating it right now.
Istanbul 2005. The stage is synonymous with their success but City’s success tonight takes some gloss of theirs.

BorisManUtd

Just shows how the mighty have fallen when we’ve got to rely on others to save our legacy. They’ll be more success for these plastics before we get our act together. LUG
It's how things go in football though. Liverpool were dominant in 70s and 80s and then were mostly irrelevant until recently. We won 13 titles in 20 years under Fergie, it couldn't go on forever, etc etc.

I agree we need to get our act together though, that's clear. What happens in terms of ownership and transfers this summer will be really important.

Mr. Ant

To me this is the day when football as a beautiful game finally died.

I know City and other state funded clubs were financially doping for years but somehow this feels like the final straw.

I hope PL will find a way to punish them and UEFA will find a way to control spending but I doubt it, football makes too much money.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The humongous lip is only doing it to be controversial. The next thing you know, his YouTube channel gets more subscribers. Been acting like a kid since he went into this YouTube space. Greatest? feck off.

Edwards6

After watching the Jack Grealish interview it's clear to see how much it means to him, feel a bit sorry for him that he doesn't realise its all irrelevant

Heinzesight

We were 2nd best tonight if I'm honest. Ederson gets a lot of shit for his actual goalkeeping but a combination of him and Lukaku saw us over the line.

I'm curious to see what Inzaghi could do with a team of worldclass players because Inter were brilliant tonight, they just got Lukaku'd.
Really oddball and concerning behaviour. Text a fellow Bloo.

Bobski

They can't be compared. Such different eras of football.
I don't think it matters if they are better than the 99 team. I think they are but so what? Utd being an organically created team built on homegrown players who went through years of pain in Europe with an incredible rivalry with a great Arsenal team domestically is why it is such a legendary season.

City should be winning trebles and breaking records.

justboy68

The only cope from me is that trebles today aren't as special as they were when we won in 1999. With only a handful of megateams dominating nowadays, we now see a treble winner almost every season.
Yeah back then it felt like there were powerhouse teams all around Europe. Totally different landscape.

Ladron de redcafe

how fitting that after winning a historic treble, you posted about your plastic team on our forum.
There is no "our forum" here. Opposition fans are welcome to post here as plenty of Mods have clarified. And there are plenty of them here, which provides different viewpoints and makes the forum more enjoyable.

mu4c_20le

Nah, it was always only a matter of time until City win the treble. A Liverpool treble, let alone a quadruple, would be a lot worse -- I was absolutely bricking it last season when they looked like they were going to do it.
This. Liverpool or Arsenal winning it the right way before us would've hurt more. This is the oil treble, we knew it would happen someday.

FriedClams

The general section of the caf is full of supporters from nearly all club, sucks for you. You have clear issues, if you have a problem with me using the forum put me on ignore and politely feck off.
Your team just won the treble. Yet here you are, getting annoyed at me for winding you up a little for being on a utd forum during such a momentous time for your club. And it’s me who has issues?

Son

Fair play to them. I’m not gonna be bitter. Best team in every competition they played in this season. Can’t complain.

One of the best English sides of all time no doubt about that. Maybe the best going on how they play week in week out.

Doesn’t have the magic of United in 99’ but that’s modern football for you. It’s all about the best team with the most money.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Shame our former players who are on TV don’t have the balls to call out City for their cheating. Where’s Evra when you need him?

FriedClams

There is no "our forum" here. Opposition fans are welcome to post here as plenty of Mods have clarified. And there are plenty of them here, which provides different viewpoints and makes the forum more enjoyable.
oh I’m just winding him up a little, he’s a very good poster but come on, now is not the time to show sympathy to a city fan.

predator

Youth NITK
They aren't going anywhere so we need to just focus on ourselves and sort our club out. I do think it's impossible to compete with them without oil money although Klopp did with Liv a few years - though this city are better.

marfans

Supports
Chelsea FC
Pretty dark day for United (and Liverpool for that matter). The treble was our achievement and we now have to share that podium with City. It’s a day we’ve feared for a long time, City have threatened to win the champions league for the last 5 years.

Might sound bitter but their success isn’t as special as ours. United’s team was built around homegrown core and was a far more dramatic journey. City’s might have been all conquering but Peps had everything handed to him on a plate.

Only silver lining is that it might be mission accomplished for Pep and he rides off restoring a semblance is balance in English football.
Yeah right keep fooling yourself. Man Utd is gone. Man City is here to stay. Pray that Pep who to me is the best coach ever leaves otherwise the rest of the league is done for.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Youre team just won the treble. Yet here you are, getting annoyed at me for winding you up a little for being on a utd forum during such a momentous time for your club. And it’s me who has issues?
I'm not annoyed and yes living in the middle of nowhere, this is where I talk about my football. What would you have me do, dance around the middle of the Irish countryside naked? Its a game of football for christ sake.

United Hobbit

Greatest story in the history of football....

Wonder how much BT are being paid to trot out this crap.
I'm so glad I'm not watching. How the feck is cheating your way to everything the "greatest story in the history of football"

Fluctuation0161

If we end up being state owned, would a CL victory for us render itself meaningless as well? I’m genuinely curious as Id have mixed feelings myself
If we cheated for over 15 years and had charges from UEFA and 115 charges from the PL then yes, it would be meaningless.

Kammy26

Just looking at the responses in here and how I feel right now. City’s treble is definitely not as hollow as people have been saying on here. If it was then all the posters on here wouldn’t give a shit. Look at the media, look at rival fans, most are triggered by this.

rajds89

And now they are praising the fans who they talk about as if they were all hard done by before the club won the lottery. Sickening.

justboy68

Shame our former players who are on TV don’t have the balls to call out City for their cheating. Where’s Evra when you need him?
I really don't understand why the mainstream media are so far up their arse. Do they think the majority of people watching like City? 90% of viewers were probably hoping for them to lose.

FriedClams

I'm not annoyed and yes living in the middle of nowhere, this is where I talk about my football. What would you have me do, dance around the middle of the Irish countryside naked? Its a game of football for christ sake.
is this because you don’t own a City top?:angel:

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Genuinely the most embarrassing 'celebrations' I've ever seen.

I've celebrated Celtic goals against St Mirren with more passion and vigour :lol:

Eric_the_Red99

If we end up being state owned, would a CL victory for us render itself meaningless as well? I’m genuinely curious as Id have mixed feelings myself
If all our new owners do is pay off the Glazers’ debt, fund the long overdue upgrades to the stadium and training facilities, and allow us to invest our football-related income in improving our squad without siphoning off millions, then no, it wouldn’t be anything like what 115 Charges FC have done, regardless of who those new owners are.

But if we cheat like 115 Charges FC have done then yeah, victory would be just as hollow and meaningless for us. Perhaps more so, because we shouldn’t really need to cheat to win. All we need is for the authorities to stop other teams cheating.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Pundits are paid to hyperbolize and hype up teams from their network's home country. Not sure why people are up in arms about that.