Champions League Final: Liverpool v Real Madrid | Hala Madrid!

Who do you think will win the Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Even worse of an omen. Real Madrid have won their last 7 CL finals going back to 1981.

They lost the 81 final. In Paris. To Liverpool.
7 has a nice ring to it, hopefully they make it 8.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Strange game for Liverpool. This will be the last game of the season, so…
if they lose the league and Fa cup, but win this game it will feel like the best season ever.

if they win the League and FA cup, but lose this match, the season will feel like crap.
That’s where you are wrong. I would take number 20 over anything and not be feeling like crap whatsoever. I could live with losing the CL against Ancelotti if we were to get 20. We’re always within a shout in Europe every year anyway .

KeanoMagicHat

I really don't think it will be, I would have them as slight favourites but Madrid have this weird habit of not accepting that it isn't still 2015 and they have been surpassed.
Oh yeah, just trying to jinx it early.

That’s where you are wrong. I would take number 20 over anything and not be feeling like crap whatsoever. I could live with losing the CL against Ancelotti if we were to get 20. We’re always within a shout in Europe every year anyway .
Funny that you would do anything for the league and City would do anything for the CL and yet both teams find the other much easier.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Oh yeah, just trying to jinx it early.

Funny that you would do anything for the league and City would do anything for the CL and yet both teams find the other much easier.
The thing that's out of reach is always mire alluring.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Last time the CL final was in Paris, Barca beat Arsenal.
The last time Liverpool won the European Cup in Paris was in 1981 against Real Madrid.
Even worse of an omen. Real Madrid have won their last 7 CL finals going back to 1981.

They lost the 81 final. In Paris. To Liverpool.
You wrote some stuff but all i can read is "Vengeance will be ours!!!"

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
If nothing else I hope it's just all out attack from both sides.

Madrid cannot defend so they might as well.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Actually it would be the reverse, you settled that score in 2018, its pool's turn.
That is true. It’s more of a payback game for us after the debacle in 18. No Ramos, no Karius. Madrid got their revenge that night. Back in 81 English teams were an unstoppable force in Europe. No one,not even the great Real Madrid we’re going to beat Liverpool that night. 7 out 8 winners were from England from 1977-84. It might be heading that way again if City get their act together. But it’s up to us again.

Dominos

A big factor in the final could be freshness and preparation.

Madrid have the chance to rest players leading up to the final and basically have weeks to prepare solely for this game. Whereas you expect Liverpool will have to be all in for every game for the rest of the season in the league and FA cup final, hopefully the fatigue sets in at some point.

It's also possible Madrid just have the glow this season, I've never seen a team be this fortunate, it almost feels like they're destined for it ala Chelsea 2012. Although they don't look to be the best team in the competition, they're clearly a side with quality - Vinicius should hopefully give Trent some problems, Benzema's in the form of his life, and when Madrid have needed game-changers to come off the bench they've been able to bring on players who can turn a game around.

Certainly not a given for Liverpool, I'd only have them as slight favourites. My gut feeling though is Madrid get it done.

croadyman

Can't believe people are saying it will be easy for Liverpool. After all Madrid went through they're still underestimated.
Unfortunately I see Benzema just getting totally shackled by Van Dijk which is depressing

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Liverpool should be firm favourites.

While the "Real Madrid have something about them" notion makes for a nice narrative, the reality is that a lot of that "something" this campaign has been luck. Whereas Liverpool are actually the better team. The latter makes for a stronger basis for winning a final, methinks.

allen7

I’m predicting a 2-1 victory for Real Madrid.

Liverpool score a goal in first half and then Real comeback with a Benzema winner. This season Real has some unbelievable resiliency so can’t see them losing after kicking away 3 oil clubs.

On the other hand, pool is going to face a strong team for the first time in this year tournament + salah and their players are turning overconfident. We all saw how their defence crumbled against Villareal so they’re not a super team as they think.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm resigned to Liverpool winning this. Their level has been much higher than Madrids and they have a better team on paper too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm glad Madrid went through.

The only thing that seems like a "going to happen" this year other than Liverpool’s quadruple is Benzema's Balon'dor.

It felt like Liverpool have played City so much recently that it's just another day at the office if they had to face them on the final.

With how Villareal scored 2 goals, let's hope Madrid and Benzema can do the same.

always_hoping

Since 2001 Spanish teams have played non Spanish 16 times in European finals (CL & EL) with Spanish sides winning all 16 finals. Fingers and toes crossed that Real Madrid keep that record going.

MrEleson

I'm resigned to Liverpool winning this. Their level has been much higher than Madrids and they have a better team on paper too.
They are a more oiled machine (especially with their fierce gegenpress) so are a better team but pound for pound Madrid edges them in some areas of the pitch. For example, I’d take any of their midfielders over any of ‘pools, personally. In attack, I’d say it’s close too. Benzema has had a better season than either Salah or Mane imo. Vincius has had better numbers than other liverpool forwards and is a menace. Only at the back is where liverpool are clearly above. But this is just a player for player comparison. Liverpool are the better team.

caid

Real Madrids prestige, luck or know how seems their biggest strength and unfortunately not something Liverpool will be too bothered by. Theres no obvious Karius style meltdowns to gift them the match. I think they'll just have to be the better team on the day to win and by and large they aren't. I'm expecting disappointment.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'm more hopeful Liverpool will beat Madrid than I was in 2018. It's hard to avoid the idea that Madrid's name is on the Cup though.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Real Madrids prestige, luck or know how seems their biggest strength and unfortunately not something Liverpool will be too bothered by. Theres no obvious Karius style meltdowns to gift them the match. I think they'll just have to be the better team on the day to win and by and large they aren't. I'm expecting disappointment.
No Real Madrid’s history won’t bother Liverpool as they too feel that this is their right to win. As of yesterday they will be in their 10th European Cup final .

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Bale should come on at some point just for the scenes when he scores a worldie.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Those of you talking about Madrid's defense are missing the point. This year there was no away goals rule. We have had to outscore PSG (French Champions, top-10 team), Chelsea (Current holders, top-10 team) and City (Last years finalists, best team in the world along with Liverpool) to get to the finals. These opponents have had to do the same. They are great teams who score a lot which is why we have conceded so many goals.
In La Liga where most of our opponents are of a lesser standard than CL, we have conceded the second lowest goals in the process of winning La Liga. Our defense is not poor, its our CL opponents who have excellent attacks.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Since 2001 Spanish teams have played non Spanish 16 times in European finals (CL & EL) with Spanish sides winning all 16 finals. Fingers and toes crossed that Real Madrid keep that record going.
I’m guessing the last Spanish side to lose a European final to an English side was Alaves against us in that crazy UEFA Cup final in 2001. 4-4 with an Alaves own goal winning it for us in extra time. Remember golden goals?

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid is going to win with Gareth Bale scoring the winner!

always_hoping

I’m guessing the last Spanish side to lose a European final to an English side was Alaves against us in that crazy UEFA Cup final in 2001. 4-4 with an Alaves own goal winning it for us in extra time. Remember golden goals?
last English team and I remember them well, the last Spanish team was Valencia in CL final and lost on penalties to Bayern.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think Real is going to win this, even though Liverpool is clearly a stronger side. I am impressed how they managed to fight back against City over 2 legs.

jackal&hyde

So weird to see so many people already giving it to Liverpool. Madrid beat the supposed favorite PSG with a "WC" manager, the champions with a massive outlay of cash and a "WC" manager and the most dominant PL club with the most "WC" manager. They always turn up for the big games and there is no other club with a better winning mentality.

I don't get how people can see the enormity of this club's success in Europe and still under rate them so much. Liverpool should be pooping bricks for having to play a side with such confidence.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Thank you, but I must admit I still don't find physical nor metaphysical explanation for what just happened.
Haha, I don't think anyone can- it is entertaining. :drool: Your CL- run this year kind of reminds one about your league ending in 2007.

Real Name

Liverpool should be firm favourites.

While the "Real Madrid have something about them" notion makes for a nice narrative, the reality is that a lot of that "something" this campaign has been luck. Whereas Liverpool are actually the better team. The latter makes for a stronger basis for winning a final, methinks.
You make your own luck. We can talk about luck in one, 2 games at the most. But to make the final over those kind of opponents is not just luck.
Sure Liverpool is a better team but you can make a claim City was a better team, so was PSG or Chelsea or at least on par.

People were saying Chelsea will pass Madrid easily.
They were saying PSG are favourites.
City were favourites too supposedly.

You just cant deny their strong mentality and something they have about CL in general and its not mostly luck imo although luck plays a part of course.