Champions League group stage draw

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Costacurta on sky just told a story about the first time he played against Cantona "with the U21, i fouled him, i fell down instead of him, he picked me up and said "you have to hit me harder if you want to stop me"

RedPed

Whatabouter.
WTF Eric?? :lol:

Has he finished?? I honestly couldn't watch!

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That sounded a bit like the demented rantings of your grandpa :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He just used this platform to talk about how the world is falling apart. Kudos

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He must have been getting some practice in for the UEFA President's Award. He's going to be dy-no-mite!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Ooh Aah Eric Cantona...:lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Is that Sneijder? Looks like he has lost a couple of stones since the weekend.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Alisson GK of the season

VVD defender of the season

Can't wait for Henderson midfielder of the season

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Oh, my bad. Well yeah I agree, it's dumb to consider Russian league champions as a higher seed than second in La Liga or third in the PL etc. Like I said before, I think all eight in pot two could make a legit case for being bigger/better than Zenit.

However, I think UEFA have done it to avoid the 'lesser' leagues becoming disillusioned and the CL becoming an in-effect super league. Being champion of your domestic league has to count for something, after all...

As, probably, ridiculous as it sounds, I'd have the CL winners pot one seed one, EL winners pot one seed two and then the remaining 30 divied up by UEFA co-efficient/ranking. Makes no sense to me the Ufa (insert random Russian club) could win their league and get pot one yet record CL winners Real Madrid are pot two simply because they finished second/third in arguably the best domestic league. It makes no difference to the group draw for a Zenit anyway because for every Barcelona, Liverpool or Bayern they avoid there's a Real Madrid, Tottenham or Dortmund they can draw instead.
It's like winning the PL is the same as winning the Irish league. And if that's the case why isn't there any Irish teams in the CL.....would really handy tbh ha. Barcelona vs cork. Epic match.
Completely agree with both of these

feck outta here with this bullshit

How is it flawed that an actual league champion is placed above a team that didn't win shit last season?

This is what happens when you let non-champions into the CL, now they think they're special because they play in England or Spain. You were just let in to make up the numbers
I'm not sure what's difficult to understand for you, if Madrid were in the Russian league, they would run away, winning a poor league isn't equivalent to being second in a much greater league. I don't care too much what they think, it should simply be made up of the best teams, hence the tournament. It should be based off champions league solely, if they lost every game in the CL for the last few years, they shouldn't get in. Winning their league should contribute but until their league can show they are of better quality (Go further in Europe), then it should be treated as a lesser achievement quite simply

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Ooh Aah Eric Cantona...:D

was the best part of this show - the rest is YAWN YAWN YAWN

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Finally we see BVB vs Barca.

Could be some exciting games.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ooooh Mbappé at the bernabeu. Will get a nice preview of his new home :drool::drool::drool: