Champions League GW2 - 3/10 and 4/10

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Camavinga doesn’t provide the same level of control we get with Kroos. It might be an unfair comparison but Kroos really dictates our game from deep and even at his age is better on the ball pinging it all over the pitch. Cama also trips over a bit too often and his touch can be heavy. Which as a LB is less dangerous compared to the middle.

But he also isn’t that great defensively as a LB. Not sure what to make of him. Yesterdays team selection is the correct one I think. Rodrygo really only has himself to blame if he gets relegated to the bench. But Joselu as our starting striker is such a failure by the board…
It feels so weird that Kroos is still relevant at a club like Real. He's basically ancient history for Bayern. Would the Real fans count him as a club legend already?

Idxomer

Probably it's the rules but the only reason the defender plays the ball is to stop the player in an offside position from getting the ball. Logically, this should be an offside.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
It feels so weird that Kroos is still relevant at a club like Real. He's basically ancient history for Bayern. Would the Real fans count him as a club legend already?
Hell yeah he is. Thanks for that :D:drool:

Been part of one of our most successful periods for such a long time. Love him.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I dont understand the offside rule. The only reason thats a goal is because of the offside twat on the left.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I dont understand the offside rule. The only reason thats a goal is because of the offside twat on the left.
Every referee makes that shit up as they go along. 2 weeks ago the same type of goal got disallowed in the same stadium to the benefit of Atletico. There is no consistency.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
My hometown team 2-0 up against Shaktar! Could be our first CL win ever.

Great assist by Vermeeren for the second goal. He's a guy to keep an eye on. Only 18 years old but playing without fear in big games like this. The type of talent United should keep tabs on, but don't really seem to pick up nowadays.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Is Slot actually the best of the bald bunch?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Is Slot actually the best of the bald bunch?
Griezmann just scored, that proves that Slot is the worst. Five minutes ago he was the next United manager. You know how the Caf works :devil:

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
What is Timber doing :lol: I swear the Dutch can’t defend to save their lives. Every single time. And take PK.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
ffs, we blow a 2-0 lead and then Alderweireld misses a penalty in the last minute. Spurslike almost :mad:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Losing 3-2 at Atletico is by no means something to be ashamed of, but feck me, we could've won here.

reddev3

This is what I was saying at the time, I thought the rule was if you are offside and interfering with play you get called offside? The ball was passed DIRECTLY to the player stood in an offside position and the defender only tried to cut the pass out because of the player stood in the offside position, he wouldn't have even been able to touch the ball if it wasn't passed to the player in the offside position.

If he wasn't interfering with play then I'm a monkeys uncle.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Safe to say the Newcastle fans are well up for this. Cracking atmosphere.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

'Fletch' said without irony that "this is what all the hard work and sacrifice has been for".

Is the "sacrifice" the 81 civilians they executed in a single day?

Is the "hard work" how well they are working the media to perpetuate the 'rags to riches' and 'plucky' Newcastle story while the club executes people for social media posts and their sexuality?

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
What a great team goal tor Celtic. Kyogo finishes it off.

Celtic 1-0 Lazio

fps

Newcastle’s personnel are certainly no better than ours. But ours look like mules due for “retirement” every time they step on the pitch.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I doubt Newcastle keep this up but they look good in the front foot, some lovely passing