Champions League - GW5

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Any Benfica fans here? Did Kokcu lose his place? How has he been anyway?

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Not that he's at fault on those goals but always thought Samba was overrated. Should count himself lucky to be a part of the national team
I think he was for the third goal and maybe the first.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
How many times has Bayern controlled a game from start to finish since Tuchel came? Feels like barely happened.

Just watching Upamecano and Davies, Kim etc passing between each other thousands of times this season is off putting. This is Barcelona's style 10 years ago, outdated shite.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
You are wrong there mate - Samba is a top keeper - I watched him for two years. I don’t no what’s happened to Lens - they aren’t the team of last year.
Meh, i don't see it. I just hope Maignan can stay fit for the Euros

plex

How many times has Bayern controlled a game from start to finish since Tuchel came? Feels like barely happened.

Just watching Upamecano and Davies, Kim etc passing between each other thousands of times this season is off putting. This is Barcelona's style 10 years ago, outdated shite.
Kim is not even playing today…

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Meh, i don't see it. I just hope Maignan can stay fit for the Euros
Watch the Forest vs Sheffield u play off semi highlights in our promotion year - Just genius level keeping. His reactions are just unbelievable

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
We are playing like a team that has the first spot secured and Kopenhagen plays like a team that would be happy with a draw to get the 2nd place.

Zen

Not to point it out again. But the only result that changes anything towards GW6 is Copenhagen winning. Bayern winning and a draw lead to identical outcomes in terms of what United need to qualify.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
All of Arsenal’s attackers on the scoresheet. Whoever said Lens will play Arsenal’s underperforming attackers into form wasn’t lying.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
All of Arsenal’s attackers on the scoresheet. Whoever said Lens will play Arsenal’s underperforming attackers into form wasn’t lying.
This is what the doctor ordered I hope. Odegaard getting one is probably the most significant of the lot. Time to take a couple of players of...starting with Saka.

Fredrik.A

Not to point it out again. But the only result that changes anything towards GW6 is Copenhagen winning. Bayern winning and a draw lead to identical outcomes in terms of what United need to qualify.
You're wrong. If Bayern win we could go through even with copenhagen winning gameweek 6

always_hoping

Am I right in saying if and a big if at that Copenhagen and United finished the group with 7 points. United will finish 2nd on the head to head 3 away goals?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
This is what the doctor ordered I hope. Odegaard getting one is probably the most significant of the lot. Time to take a couple of players of...starting with Saka.
Taking Saka off ?! We're only 5-0 up, qualified with 1st place guaranteed... Arteta won't take any risks and play him 40 more minutes

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Am I right in saying if and a big if at that Copenhagen and United finished the group with 7 points. United will finish 2nd on the head to head 3 away goals?
Believe so, the second tie breaker is head to matches between the tied teams.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Kim is not even playing today…
That's why I said this season and not this game.

I thought Laimer at RB experiment was over? Or so it seemed.

Disappointing from Tuchel so far. If it continues for the whole season without any improvement, most likely it will be his last.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Taking Saka off ?! We're only 5-0 up, qualified with 1st place guaranteed... Arteta won't take any risks and play him 40 more minutes
I can just imagine if Arteta kept Saka the full 90 today. Even at 5-0 Arsenal supporters would want his head.

Zen

Actually that's a point, both can finish on 7 and United can go above them.... yeah, actually a Bayern win does help. Means that other game could be a Copenhagen home win or draw and as long as United match the amount won by, they'd go through on "goals scored" - as it's a win each with 4 goals each in the head to head, and GD would be even, so goes to goals scored next.

Utterly mad that going into gameweek 6 with 4pts... that going through is actually a realistic opportunity. I bet we'd still be second favourites to go through :lol:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Just seen Sevillas score. They need to be investigated or something, right on cue it’s that time of the year for them to just flat out nosedive towards Europa. Beat Lens next game and they probably squirm in. Wish they’d feck off.

Hulme91

Bayern-Copenhagen might just be the worst game of football I've ever watched. Certainly top 10. :boring:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I reckon Bayern will win today. Then play their subs against united and obviously Gala will feck up against Copenhagen thus giving united 2nd spot.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal

There's so no such thing as outdated football. So many different playing styles; regardless of era

PoTMS

Ideally need Bayern to score a few late goals here. Copenhagen getting a point is not good news for us. It means we need a win against Bayern and hope the other two draw.

IRELANDUNITED

Bayern must be in second gear which gives me hope that we could beat them at OT. A draw between the other 2 is very possible so we may still qualify