Champions League Knockouts (12 Aug - 23rd Aug)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Feels like all these neutrals like the story of Atletico, being an underdog, turned into a top club, and thus wants them to win CL.
But then they remembers they actually play incredibly dull football, wants them out for the sake of entertainment, then forgets all about how dull they play the season after, rince and repeat.
That underdog story is getting a bit old now that they pay 120m for someone and bench him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
RBL is so fresh, physically at 100%?
No shit! Their season ended on 27th June! They've had like 3 weeks more rest as Atleticos finished on the 19th July. They also only played 9 competitive fixtures after their lockdown ended compared to Atleticos 11.

They have a big advantage over Atletico, both German teams should be much fresher than their opponents.

RooneyLegend

We do have Davies, who certainly counts towards pace in attack.
He's a left back.
Eh? Coman and Gnabry? Also Lewandowski is not exactly a slouch either

They are the beat team in Europe. If they play to their maximum in the next three games they will win the tournament.
Bayern play with two strikers, those boys play wide. They don't make the initial run behind the defenders. They'd hurt City if Bayern as a team play well. On the other hand, Jesus and Sterling make alot of the early runs and they are rapid against a static high line with De Bruyne on the ball.

What makes them the best team in Europe? Don't tell me you're fooled by them beating on those substandard London sides.

Gordon S

Have Atletico ever dominated a game of football? They must be the shitest top team in the history of sports.
Also weird that quality players like Saul and Koke seems so determined to keep playing there. Both good enough to play for most top clubs.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
No shit! Their season ended on 27th June! They've had like 3 weeks more rest as Atleticos finished on the 19th July. They also only played 9 competitive fixtures after their lockdown ended compared to Atleticos 11.

They have a big advantage over Atletico, both German teams should be much fresher than their opponents.
I agree with you

By the way, despite having played only 2 official games only and 4 friendlies, PSG was in a better shape than Atalanta.

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
The Angelino fella is pretty poor actually. Sticks out as a sore thumb in this team.
Not surprised he did the same thing in Pep’s team.
From what I watched of Leipzig's game in the Bundesliga and also against Spurs he did good overall.
Also he seems to have convinced Nagelsmann as Leipzig are keen to extend his loan.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I agree with you

By the way, despite having played only 2 official games only and 4 friendlies, PSG was in a better shape than Atalanta.
It really skews this years competition when you think about it, as you have fresh players playing against knackered ones. But it is what it is.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I would still try to get him if for nothing else, the versatility will give us quality depth. And I bet he won't cost Grealish money. He's 21 by the way.
Nkunku, Mbappe and Upamecano: these French are all 21, hopefully playing the semi final for once

eire-red

Have Atletico ever dominated a game of football? They must be the shitest top team in the history of sports.
Think Atletico are a shadow of the team they used to be, and rely more on the 'dark arts' to scramble their way through games.

Remember feeling they were much easier on the eye with the likes of Gabi, Griezmann, Felipe Luis, Juanfran about 5/6 years ago when they were reaching finals and won the league.

But you're right, they're hard to watch these days, and I think Simeone knows they have to rely more on being nasty, cynical and gritty to win at all costs.

fps

Well the game needed exactly that goal, come on Atletico play some football.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Really poor defending... 5 people around him but no one picking him up. Simeone will want to murder someone

E-mal

Negative football from Simeone. You've to wonder if punching above their weight crap line is not old enough.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well, that was inevitable. Nagelsmann had the players push up higher, encouraging his more defensive players to come up higher, too. That gave them more options in the box, and they've finally scored the breakthrough goal. Also, Sabitzer drifted out wide and become more of an attacking threat in that sequence.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Maybe now Atletico might actually leave their own defensive third

SAFMUTD

We should be all in for Nagelsmann, the way he got Liepzieg playing is amazing to watch.