Champions League Knockouts (12 Aug - 23rd Aug)

mu4c_20le

I've been having a browse.

A lot of them seem to be harbouring under the delusion that getting spanked in a Champions League QF is rock bottom. They're in for a rude awakening.
Last year should've been their rude awakening to be fair

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I've been having a browse.

A lot of them seem to be harbouring under the delusion that getting spanked in a Champions League QF is rock bottom. They're in for a rude awakening.
I genuinely wonder what they think will happen once Messi leaves/retires.

Superunknown

Just enjoyed watching Muller's interview on BT Sport. Mad that he's the only attacker who played in both this game and the 7-1, he's leaving a hell of a legacy.
He was phenomenal, especially in that first half. Really took the piss out of all of those Barca players. Really, really like him.

diarm

Fkin hell I just saw the score of the Bayern-Barca game. Was it really that lop sided?
I honestly don't think I'm exaggerating when I say Bayern could've scored 12 and the score still would've flattered Barca.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
If nothing else their decision making is better on the ball when playing it out from the back. Plus Ederson is so much better at passing it out than Ter Stegan.
Yeah, no, he wouldn't keep out the balls Ter Stephen kept out. He is better at passing than actual goalkeeping. This could have been a double digit game if not for at least 2 saves Ter Stegen made that Emerson wouldn't be able to pull off.

diarm

My old man has been on about wanting us to sign Muller for more than a decade. Even throughout the last couple of weaker years he just loves the guy.

I just got the smuggest "told you so" phonecall you've ever heard.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Just enjoyed watching Muller's interview on BT Sport. Mad that he's the only attacker who played in both this game and the 7-1, he's leaving a hell of a legacy.
He was also key in the 2013 semi-final when Bayern beat Barca 7-0 on aggregate

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wasn't so long ago he seemed to be out of favour and on his way out.

Now he's starring in 8-2 wins v Barcelona!

Dinghy

Barcelona had more possession and that's what really matter.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My old man has been on about wanting us to sign Muller for more than a decade. Even throughout the last couple of weaker years he just loves the guy.

I just got the smuggest "told you so" phonecall you've ever heard.
Just remind him he'd have been average as can be in our total lack of working systems over the last few years.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They aren't great but they aren't that bad.
Laporte is class but other than him.. Mendy is a moron, Walker blows hot & cold, and then it’ll either be Garcia who is a kid who wants out, Fernandinho who is an ageing DM, Otamendi who is very inconsistent & an accident waiting to happen, or Stones who is mistake prone & very weak. I’d say it’s arguable they are worse.

Lest we forget City lost to Arsenal last month. Lyon are probably better than Arsenal.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
City have to beat Lyon first. Many thought Juve would knock Lyon out and they didn't.

Glorio

Nah. This City team isn't great, Bayern will do them comfortably.
I don't think so tbh. That Bayern defence give you chances as well, and City is a much better unit than Barca. I think that game could go either way. Let's see if they get past Lyon first anyway. Nothing's for certain these days!

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Müller, Boateng and Neuer have beaten the likes of Brazil 7-1 and Barca 8-2 in their careers. Also they have beaten Barca over 2 legs 7-0.

Legends.

diarm

Just remind him he'd have been average as can be in our total lack of working systems over the last few years.
The mancrush is so deep, I think he'd have had us hire the guy as manager to be honest.

Superunknown

You can just tell that Muller would wine and dine you, pay for the meal and would make you the most delicious pancakes with home-made syrup the morning after, too. :drool: :drool:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Nah. This City team isn't great, Bayern will do them comfortably.
I hope you're right, but the times Barca got forward Bayern looked shaky. City's speed coupled with their ability to create overload after overload down the flanks for cutbacks isn't something to dismiss.

I think it'd be close. Though, they have to get past Lyon first, and Lyon drew and beat them in their two games last year.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
City defence and soft midfield won’t be able to live with that either. Bayern’s football is just as good, but they have so much pace and power too. I think Pep is in for another humbling if he can get past Lyon.

manuchamp88

Is it me or do all the commentators sound gutted that their darlings at Messi FC got absolutely ripped apart?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The mancrush is so deep, I think he'd have had us hire the guy as manager to be honest.
Muller is such an odd player. He doesn't have one superb aspect to his game, yet year on year produces