Champions League Knockouts (12 Aug - 23rd Aug)

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
So many of us saw this coming and were labeled as toxic yet this match shows how many fans are absolutely delusional. Reminds me of Trump supporters who blindly follow him. This is a wake up call we have been asking for since Roma. But the team made
Horrible decision after horrible decision. We deserved this. Busquets, pique, Roberto, Semedo, rakitic, Vidal and alba need to leave. This has been apparent for years. They’re good against mid table teams but we are closer to that than to Europe’s elite.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Incredible, incredible performance by Bayern. My dream is to see United give Barca, Real or any big team a beating like that. Unfortunately, even at our peak, we were not capable of a performance like that. I think our best performance was against Juve in that semi-final in 1999.
Nonsense. It was top-notch, top top notch, but you can't compare.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Incredible, incredible performance by Bayern. My dream is to see United give Barca, Real or any big team a beating like that. Unfortunately, even at our peak, we were not capable of a performance like that. I think our best performance was against Juve in that semi-final in 1999.
We beat a not terrible Roma 7-1 in 2007. 8-3 on aggregate.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How does it matter how "big" the opponent is? Barcelona were pathetic last night. Us mauling Roma or beating Arsenal 8-2 is no different.

murali_red

Looks like barca did some homework on Bayerns high line
The benefits of having 17 reserve teams below you in the Bundesliga.
It was similar for real and barca, Milan, Juvit's like cycles
Yes, how do we do that, devastating in almost all positions?

ti vu

How does it matter how "big" the opponent is? Barcelona were pathetic last night. Us mauling Roma or beating Arsenal 8-2 is no different.
The thing is Barcelona still have bunch of experienced winners in their squad. One of which supposed to be GOAT. That's different.

amolbhatia50k

The thing is Barcelona still have bunch of experienced winners in their squad. One of which supposed to be GOAT. That's different.
Doesn't matter. Germany had a better chance of hammering Brazil 2014 with Luiz and Marcelo clowning around than a solid Wolves team.

ti vu

Doesn't matter. Germany had a better chance of hammering Brazil 2014 with Luiz and Marcelo clowning around than a solid Wolves team.
Hindsight is 20/20. What is the bookies odd for Brazil to be hammered at home ground to Germany? How many people got paid out. I don't see a single person predicted that.

Back to this topic, Bayern pressed Barcelona out of the park. Easy said than done. How many teams would be able to pull that? You need quality. Barcelona being pathetic doesn't mean they would bend over for your Sunday league team to walk all over them

amolbhatia50k

Hindsight is 20/20. What is the bookies odd for Brazil to be hammered at home ground to Germany? How many people got paid out. I don't see a single person predicted that.
Yes but we aren't talking about predictions. On the night there's no difference between the sides in terms of actual peformances. In fact if anything Roma were far better than Brazil and Barcelona, and we had to produce some special goals to get that result whereas here these teams were shambolic defensively.

Back to this topic, Bayern pressed Barcelona out of the park. Easy said than done. How many teams would be able to pull that? You need quality. Barcelona being pathetic doesn't mean they would bend over for your Sunday league team to walk all over them
Not taking any credit away from Bayern. They were brilliant and I hope they win the CL. Not because I care for them but to avoid city or PSG winning it. However I'm actually trying to defend our club and give us the credit we deserve for our special CL nights.

Shiva87

Yes, but most of them are beyond their peak. Apart from Messi (who in my mind is not at his best in one-off knock-out games), there isn't that much in that Barcelona team right now to worry about.

They can turn it on on their day because of their quality, but they can also get well beaten like they were yesterday. It's like watching multiple versions of Matic playing on the pitch at the same time.

ti vu

Yes but we aren't talking about predictions. On the night there's no difference between the sides in terms of actual peformances. In fact if anything Roma were far better than Brazil and Barcelona, and we had to produce some special goals to get that result whereas here these teams were shambolic defensively.

Not taking any credit away from Bayern. They were brilliant and I hope they win the CL. Not because I care for them but to avoid city or PSG winning it. However I'm actually trying to defend our club and give us the credit we deserve for our special CL nights.
I don't see how it's an attack on our team that warrants a defense. I don't want to argue about the better big losers

amolbhatia50k

I don't see how it's an attack on our team that warrants a defense. I don't want to argue about the better big losers
Erm, the original post said that he/wishes we carried out maulngs like this. And clearly we've had some special peformances like that in SAFs time. You can choose what you want to argue about. That's your call.

ti vu

Yes, but most of them are beyond their peak. Apart from Messi (who in my mind is not at his best in one-off knock-out games), there isn't that much in that Barcelona team right now to worry about.

They can turn it on on their day because of their quality, but they can also get well beaten like they were yesterday. It's like watching multiple versions of Matic playing on the pitch at the same time.
The point is it's required quality to pull away from such pathetic Barcelona team. At 1-1, and even 4-2, they would have crawl back into the games with their quality, of you misstep yourself.

ti vu

Erm, the original post said that he/wishes we carried out maulngs like this. And clearly we've had some special peformances like that in SAFs time. You can choose what you want to argue about. That's your call.
His aim is at the big name clubs. Roma is not. I don't want to go down that road analysis and compare how Roma was.

Under SAF we had issue with giving big name clubs too much respect. Strange that instead of having a go at Rijkaard Barcelona, which was vulnerable as shown in La Liga, we instead did that vs Pep Barcelona.

amolbhatia50k

His aim is at the big name clubs. Roma is not. I don't want to go down that road analysis and compare how Roma was.
Big name is irrelevant. Peformance on the night is what matters. And Roma were better. Again, if you don't want to discuss, dont discuss!

ti vu

Big name is irrelevant. Peformance on the night is what matters. And Roma were better. Again, if you don't want to discuss, dont discuss!
Then whatever.

You missed the point of that other poster. That's why it's no point going in circle on 2 different points.

rollingstoned1

you can be sure even if we do it will be asterisked as an off night or a heavyweight with a shit team that was a perfect storm for us, kinda like how the Ole naysayers keep saying after every milestone the team crosses that the next test is the real one. We have had many such nights in europe, no need to lay on the inferiority thick.

amolbhatia50k

Then whatever.

You missed the point of that other poster. That's why it's no point going in circle on 2 different points.
Yeah, whatever. Such a shame our club doesn't hand out thrashings. Clearly not enough for our fans. FFS.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Plenty of sides pressed barcelona out of the park these last 3-4 seasons. Bayern are just the best of them

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Our 7-2 vs Milan in 2010 wasn’t bad either although not as dominant as Bayern yesterday. But I enjoy close wins against in form opposition more.

Raw

Our 7-3 vs Milan in 2010 wasn’t bad either although not as dominant as Bayern yesterday. But I enjoy close wins against in form opposition more.
7-2 that was, 3-2 away and 4-0 at home. Specifically remember Fergie absolutely raging at Evans :lol:

united_99

7-2 that was, 3-2 away and 4-0 at home. Specifically remember Fergie absolutely raging at Evans :lol:
Edited! Stupid me, I actually even knew we won 3-2 and 4-0 and then did my maths :nervous:

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
mEsSi cAn tURn iT uP anYtiME!

Messi was a ghost today. Nowhere to be found when his team needed him most. He has an ageing team, but it's a team that was on the brink of winning the la liga. They still have more than capable players on their first team.

united_99

:lol:
I can’t wait until both Messi and Ronaldo leave for US, China, Qatar or wherever so fans of both players don’t turn up everytime one of them loses to talk him down

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
mEsSi cAn tURn iT uP anYtiME!

Messi was a ghost today. Nowhere to be found when his team needed him most. He has an ageing team, but it's a team that was on the brink of winning the la liga. They still have more than capable players on their first team.
And Ronaldo was a ghost in the first leg against Lyon. He's been knocked out by mid table french teams. Same story. Ronaldo would've been eviscerated by this year's Bayern. He's never played a team that good since joining Juve and knocked out by far more inferior teams.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
:lol:
I can’t wait until both Messi and Ronaldo leave for US, China, Qatar or wherever so fans of both players don’t turn up everytime one of them loses to talk him down

"If Messi had a better midfield in Qatar and Xavi didn't botch the tactics, they would've won the Sharia Cup"

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Is it weird that I actually wouldn't mind a City win simply because I actually want to see them vs. Bayern?

I feel a bit dirty now

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
City winning the UCL would be great for Manchester. Has any city ever had two different winners ? Milan of course.

Back to back titles for them and Liverpool would be a bit tough on United fans, mind.

AfroBuffalo

1 of the bosses of the fifa game basically said they had to add a lot of new stats to the game when muller was coming up; as they wanted to make him really good but couldn’t score him that high on most of the current metrics they had

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
And Ronaldo was a ghost in the first leg against Lyon. He's been knocked out by mid table french teams. Same story. Ronaldo would've been eviscerated by this year's Bayern. He's never played a team that good since joining Juve and knocked out by far more inferior teams.
Ronaldo has destroyed Bayern in the past. Including a 4-0 hammering of Pep's Bayern.

Ronaldo also has more knockout goals than Messi and Raul combined and as many CL titles as Barcelona as a football club.