Champions League Match Day 6 | 8/9 December

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Atletico maybe yes but not Real.
I'd say the opposite tbh, they would stand a chance against this Real but no way would they beat Atletico and Simeone over two legs.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Atletico maybe yes but not Real.
I feel like it's the other way around - we'd have no chance against a team like Atletico. They're set up perfectly to beat us. Real would be doable if we're well organised and Ozil, Sanchez etc are on the top of their games.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I feel like it's the other way around - we'd have no chance against a team like Atletico. They're set up perfectly to beat us. Real would be doable if we're well organised and Ozil, Sanchez etc are on the top of their games.
Real Madrid would destroy Arsenals defence I reckon. Atletico Madrid are tough feckers but they have a bit of a scoring issue.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Real Madrid would destroy Arsenals defence I reckon. Atletico Madrid are tough feckers but they have a bit of a scoring issue.
Atletico would pound Arsenal into the ground. Real less so.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
It's football, anything can happen. I would like us to get Real, I tink we can take them.

prarek

Anyone can beat anyone. Having said that i think Arsenal do well against a team that plays attacking football and are more open compared to defensive physical teams that don't mind winning ugly.

David Court

Supports
Charlton Athletic
If Arsenal get their players back from injury and given their new found solidity, I wouldn't rule them out of beating anyone.

They have something that many teams don't have. Extreme pace up front with sublime creativity.

I can see them doing better than before.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Well that was unexpected, and absolutely brilliant. Didn't think we had it in us to be fair.

We're going to get Barca, aren't we.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I think Arsenal would lose to any of the teams they can possibly draw. Even Wolfsburg and Zenit. Credit for getting themselves out of that hole but they dug that hole all by themselves. I do not think City or Chelsea will make it far either.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Atletico don't pound teams. They've only scored 20 goals in the league and they qualified in a very easy group.
They do pound teams. They are like a jack hammer. Just keep hitting hard at you until you cant get up amy more. Just watch a couple of their games against Barca and Madrid. They can really make you look crap if on form.

Real Madrid are the best team at thrashing smaller teams and racking up a high score in games, however they never really dominate many top games and always seem to give bigger sides a chance in those games.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Panicking when we had PSV at home coming up in two weeks and we just did our jobs and beat Kiev at home? Nah, nigh on everyone was very confident. Hence the bold predictions in that match thread and the total and utter shock with the result afterwards.
I don't see how Arsenal pulling off an unlikely feat makes a laughing stock of those who predicted they wouldn't in hindsight. No one really thought they'd be able to win in Greece. So for all intents and purposes, they were as good as out.

The Law of Denis

Just a few gems from the matchday 4 thread:

Oh dear.... We felt home and dry ourselves and looked snugly and comfortably on from out sofas at the Arsenal 'comedy' show...

There was another gem I couldn't find. Some poster arguing with another saying they are as good as out and could not this or that...
Yea, comedic genius there. Absolutely hilarious at people pointing out the precarious position Arsenal were at.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Calm down. Some are absolutely devastated. Talk about sour grapes :lol:

You win some, you lose some. Well done Arsenal, Chelse and City. We have learned alot.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Easily one of the best chants in the league. Definitely the best from London :D

Blackwidow

How come we are so likely to get every team?
Arsenal and Kiew are the two teams in pot 2 that have two or three teams they cannot be paired with. As Chelsea cannot get the two (Arsenal same country, Kiew because of the group) you only can get the pot 2 teams that have one team they cannot go to. That causes that the probabilities for Chelsea are nearly the same for every team.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal and Kiew are the two teams in pot 2 that have two or three teams they cannot be paired with. As Chelsea cannot get the two (Arsenal same country, Kiew because of the group) you only can get the pot 2 teams that have one team they cannot go to. That causes that the probabilities for Chelsea are nearly the same for every team.
I don't want Juventus though.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Don't think we're the sort of club who'll take a youngster on loan. And I don't think you'll sell without one of those buyback clauses. Watching a repeat of last night's game. Messi obviously dictates play but I like what I see of Samper. How do you rate him?
It was tongue in cheek. I don't think you'll get him unless it's a buy, and lately Enrique has been trusting him more unlike early in the season. He's highly rated by most. Very composed and calm with the ball like Busquets, nice passing skills and positioning. Still 20 years old. He can play as CM or a pivot.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
It was tongue in cheek. I don't think you'll get him unless it's a buy, and lately Enrique has been trusting him more unlike early in the season. He's highly rated by most. Very composed and calm with the ball like Busquets, nice passing skills and positioning. Still 20 years old. He can play as CM or a pivot.
Yeah, he certainly has a decent pass on him. Will do very well in our midfield, where Cazorla plays. Here's hoping he fulfils his potential.