Champions League | Matchday 6

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Shaqiri too.
Wasn't he bought as a back-up? He did fairly well in that area, but I think he's gone missing a lot due to injury? (But it depends how you evaluate lack of contribution due to injuries.)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yup
Reckon if they got him, they wouldn't have got Jota

But shows their targets are defined well
They scout specifically for types of players, use their internal stats to verify that they are indeed good and good fits for their team, then edwards makes the call. These days Klopp trusts them implicitly(after they turned him from brandt to salah, of fecking course he does)

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
People think that the whole Liverpool success is down to Klopp but their scouting and recruitment has been just as big a reason. We don't have it regardless of manager.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
That first half was a bit shit from both teams, worse from us. Very little control, loads of dispossessions due to haste and lack of concentration. Still good to turn it around.

Sylar

They scout specifically for types of players, use their internal stats to verify that they are indeed good and good fits for their team, then edwards makes the call. These days Klopp trusts them implicitly(after they turned him from brandt to salah, of fecking course he does)
Hopefully Klopp leaves soon :nervous:

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Shaqiri too.
Shaqiri has been more than ok for them, he was signed as a squad player, thats what he’s been. Missed a lot of last season through injury, no fault of his or the club, but he’s contributed when fit. Actually, same with Keita, he’s just suddenly made of glass, shame, as he’s quality when fit.

Jürgen Klopp works very well with sporting directors and scouts, it’s that simple. He has always a coach and manager who is very aware that it’s a team game off the pitch as well as on, and will defer to those more knowledgeable in some areas. Worked well at Dortmund, works well at Liverpool. It’s a great combination.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Shaqiri too.
Beg to differ for the price we paid. As a squad player he's our best and I think he's been decent when called upon, the appearances off the bench and in the cup games he played his part. i.e Barcelona. He's had bad luck with little injuries but he's a player that always manages to show the quality he has when he gets chance.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
So Bayern scored an offside goal and Salzburg hasn't got a handball penalty and VAR did nothing?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Too easy. You know what he’s gonna do and they still let him go to his left foot.

Game over now.

Wayne's World

Atalanta look an absolute shadow of the team who got to the quarters last season.

Italian teams are dead this season

Wayne's World

Ronnie might have something to say about that.

Atalanta playing so poorly, very naively defending.
Juventus look like a team in need of a reset too, yes they have Ronaldo but they look weak in many areas now.

Funny enough I think the best Italian team this season I have watched are not even in the CL in AC Milan. They have a youthfulness and quality to their side

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Don't have a bad word to say about Rhys Williams so far. Very composed considering his age. Looks a bit light weight but he's young.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
This is excellent. Make sure we qualify on Gameday 4 and rest all players for the remaining two. Would be a welcome breather in a jam packed season.

slored1

Juventus look like a team in need of a reset too, yes they have Ronaldo but they look weak in many areas now.

Funny enough I think the best Italian team this season I have watched are not even in the CL in AC Milan. They have a youthfulness and quality to their side
Yep, they are on fire since Zlatan joined. Just an incredible signing on so many levels.

Guy Incognito

People think that the whole Liverpool success is down to Klopp but their scouting and recruitment has been just as big a reason. We don't have it regardless of manager.
Edwards fella is a smooth operator.

V interested to see how they approach the City game this weekend.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't think so, he was good for them but not a nailed on starter. Podence, Neto and Adama are decent enough options too.
Will be interesting to see how many goals they contribute against how many he does for Liverpool, even if he comes off the bench for them.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
That first half was a bit shit from both teams, worse from us. Very little control, loads of dispossessions due to haste and lack of concentration. Still good to turn it around.
Yep Salzburg look more focused but they sprint *a lot*. Will lake it's toll in H2. How good is their bench? That guy with the complicated Hungarian name looks decent. Might be the next Kampl :D