Champions League Quarter Finals | Chelsea vs Real (Tue) | Bayern vs City (Wed)

Never seen Upamecano have a decent game against a big team (other than vs Dortmund in the Bundesliga, which doesn't count. Please don't come for me BDL)

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
I think Haaland should be further up the pitch when they are pressing. He drops too deep which allows Bayern more time on the ball to find a solution. It seems they are focusing on closing passing lanes but the setup allows Bayern to circumvent it.

Bayern is missing a striker and has trouble overloading into/around the box. They get up to the final third but cannot penetrate.
I think it's best to hunt together in this game as both teams are doing with focus on closing passing lanes. Everyone out there is international, world or elite class. He would just deplete his stamina and disjoint the side otherwise.

Totally agree about Bayern lacking a striker. I've been following Bayern for 25 years. I've never experienced this before.

Main strikers: Elber, Makaay, Toni, Gomez, Mandzukic, Lewandowski... Choupo Moting. That's some down grade.

The plan was obviously to use Mane as CF but he ain't Samuel Eto'o. Just because the skills fit on paper it doesn't mean it will work out on the pitch. Similar to when Ribery was tried out as #10 in a diamond and a False 9, absolutely dreadful at both before getting reverted to LW.

glasgow 21

Sommer goalkeeping for Bayern is like a bad version of De Gea on steroids.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Last one was good but Sane is channeling his inner Gerrard with all these far range shots.

Dr. StrangeHate

Demoted in late June, stripped of all titles and the Dhabis forced to sell to Ricky Hatton!? :wenger:
The way that City have played after those charges came out seems to indicate they are very confident nothing will come of it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pace on display from both sides is frightening. Players don't even have the time to breath

Much better start of the 2nd half by bayern

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Who is this commentator he gets VERY EXCITED when there is a CHANCE ON GOAL and it's starting to REALLY ANNOY ME

Lyricist

Last one was good but Sane is channeling his inner Gerrard with all these far range shots.
To be fair all have been quite alright.

Bayern could easily be level by now. Third time a Bayern effort was blocked by a defender when Ederson would've had no chance to get to it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
KDB lack of defensive workrate allowing Bayern almost utter domination now.

90 + 5min

They also attacked more and were by far the more dangerous side. City, that is. I don't see how anyone could possibly think bayern were the better team here so far
Bayern are not dominating this game at all.
Bayern have about as much control of the game as Dahmer had control over what he wanted for dinner most nights.
I don’t think we are watching game in same way. I look from tactical point of view. It just shows more and more domination.

mu4c_20le

Who is this commentator he gets VERY EXCITED when there is a CHANCE ON GOAL and it's starting to REALLY ANNOY ME
Jeez cheer up, you sound mis HOLY SHITE DID YOU SEE THAT HEADED CLEARNCE

Nick7

He knows, he was referring to the current lack of confidence and the need to build it up again in several interviews already.
I don’t think you can blame the Bayern backline being more suited to Neuer than Sommer on Nagelsmann. Sommer is creating a lot of nervousness at the back despite his good saves.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Eh. Playing for Schalke at the time meant getting the ball in transition 80% of the time. Much different beast from getting the ball back to goal or from a standing start with a defender in his shorts

And the big difference with Robben is footwork
No different than Bale at counter attacking Real Madrid. It's a great asset to have. Both could pick up defences as well but their main threat was to keep opposing defences honest. Keep in mind Sane was 17-18 back then and has developed his skill set tremendously since.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don’t think you can blame the Bayern backline being more suited to Neuer than Sommer on Nagelsmann. Sommer is creating a lot of nervousness at the back despite his good saves.
No, and I don't. This was a situation in the backline, but similar situations are happening to Bayern all over the place in recent weeks. It's not just the defense, the complete team has issues and lacks the usual feeling of invulnerability.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don’t think we are watching game in same way. I look from tactical point of view. It just shows more and more domination.
Mate if your opponents attack more and create more chances, you aren't dominating shite. The goal of tactics is to get those going your way

Woodzy

Why are these commentators trying to make the most basic things sound like someone has just scored an overhead kick from the half way line?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Bernardo Silva is some player

kidbob

Really lacking that replacement for Lewa, but to be fair to Bayern there is a big shortage of top quality strikers at the moment.