Champions League R16 return fixtures

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Yeh, QPR aren't a big game. It was a great goal, I'm not denying its magnitude nor his talent, but banging one in against the team seventeenth in the league might be a moment history remembers forever, but it's not what I'm talking about.

But you know this, and are just being facetious to score humour points. Carry on.
You ignored the one where he scored a hat trick to beat the best team in the world and now you dismiss a title winning goal in injury time so why don't you explain exactly what it is you are talking about?

Theonas

Scout
Defense just starts in the moments the ball gets lost and the striker or offensive midfielders are as responsible as the defender is. In the same way the defender with his passing is responsible for the offense, too.
That's certainly the view I am talking about. The one I think Barcelona and Van Gaal and lately Bayern operate with. It is very ambitious though, takes a lot of coaching and training work especially for British based players because of the rigidity of coaching in Britian.

Raul Madrid

Yeh, QPR isn't a big game, not in the sense I mean it. It was a great goal, and I'm not denying its magnitude nor his obvious talent, but banging one in against the team seventeenth in the league might be a moment history remembers forever, but it's not what I'm talking about.

But you know this, and are just being facetious to score humour points. Carry on.
He scored plenty of goals vs Madrid and Barca for Atletico and he has scored lots of goals against United also.

Brophs

The One and Only
Has Jamie Redknapp been on the sauce? He looks like he's spent the night sleeping on a park bench, crying.

Asger

Pellegrini is a weird manager, his squad needs some quality in the defense and midfield and he goes to buy Bony in the winter break :houllier:
City need a lot of players if they want to win the CL.. Silva, Aguero and Hart are probably the only players they have which are good enough for a time who wants to win the CL. Zabaleta is maybe good enough but Toure is not as good as he was.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
City need a lot of players if they want to win the CL.. Silva, Aguero and Hart are probably the only players they have which are good enough for a time who wants to win the CL. Zabaleta is maybe good enough but Toure is not as good as he was.
Toure, Fernandinho, Toure, Zabaleta, Kolarov ... They have so many past it players.

brian017

Has Jamie Redknapp been on the sauce? He Looks like he's spent the night sleeping on a park bench, crying.
Yes he realised this is his last midweek getaway since all the English teams are out and Sky lose the CL next year

Count Orduck

Yes he realised this is his last midweek getaway since all the English teams are out and Sky lose the CL next year
Oh God I just remembered that BT got the rights. God help us, Michael Owen commentating and Owen Hargreaves blathering on in the studio. Eurgh.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
This is where FFP is really going to hurt them.
If you think about it, other than Hart, Silva (who's 29) and Aguero, every single City player is on either on the decline, or on the wrong side of 30.

Not much resale value for any of their players, except maybe Dzeko and Aguero.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
He was still a little better than his current form no ?

Indeed. He's become a major liability and a joke of a footballer with all his crying around.
Not really. Kolarov had a decent spell at the end of 13/14 season where he was kinda first choice LB for us, but even then Clichy got picked for the trickier games like away to Liverpool to deal with Sterling. He's never been our undisputed first choice LB and has always just been an average defender with an immense cross, and still is.

Winrar

Barca would've scored a touchdown today if it wasn't for Hart.

Sad for Dortmund on the other game but Juventus deserve to be through. Serie A is strong in Europe this year while Everton is the only English team left in Europe. I would worry if this becomes a trend.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Hart not MOTM, for me. He made some good saves, yea, but could possibly have done better for their goal, in a game where the other keeper saved a peno.

Raw

Champions League Quarter-Finalists since 2011/12
Spain - 11
Germany - 6
France - 5
England - 3
Italy - 3
Portugal - 2
Cyprus - 1
Turkey - 1

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
L
Can someone explain to me the point in buying Bony for City when they have such huge issues in midfield and at the back ?
Because he is not meant to be the fix to all their problems but another part of the overall team they are trying to build? Plus he was available and the players the want at other positions weren't yet? Just a guess

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yeah, that tends to happen.
Yes, and the point being you can't just blow ridiculous amounts to fix that. But you can be smart about your business and you'd know a lot more than me about young players coming through.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
L

Because he is not meant to be the fix to all their problems but another part of the overall team they are trying to build? Plus he was available and the players the want at other positions weren't yet? Just a guess
Exactly. Bony was to replace the gap Negredo's late exit had left in the squad. If we are going to address the midfield and defence considering we already have expensive players there in Mangala, Toure, Fernandinho etc. the kind of players we'll be signing to make it worthwhile are not going to be ones available in January. Wait until the summer and I think City are preparing for a big marquee signing, we haven't done one since Aguero (reputation that is, not price, I'm fully aware of the fee for Mangala, unfortunately).

HabeasC

The PL doesn't ''send'' us to the CL, we finish in the top 4. You should try it.
The post was a bit tongue in cheek. However, broadly speaking, the BPL needs to improve in the champions league (if you look at it as each league sending teams to represent it).

At the minute, we're merely sending teams to make up the numbers.