Champions League Round of 16 (12th Feb - 13th Mar)

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Salah does that WAYYY too much. Pass to Mane & kill the tie.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm actually surprised Liverpool is winning. Expected much more from Bayern.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
They just seem to hoover up the best young players from all the other German teams for nothing or next to nothing, but now you wonder if those young players are that good.
It's a good strategy but they need to replace their star players. They need two or three top players IMO.

KennyBurner

God I hate salah. I'm willing to bet he and Mane don't get along at all. Stupid commentator also praising him for wanting to score there on his own instead of doing the intelligent thing and passing.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
How on earth have Bayern been good? Your posts sometimes come across like you’re watching the game with the tv off.
The feck is up with you questioning whether I'm watching the game?

They've done a good job neutering Salah and Firmino for one. Defended crosses well. Cut out long balls and passing through the middle of the pitch.

They are both great teams canceling each other out to some extent.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's a good strategy but they need to replace their star players. They need two or three top players IMO.
Yep. If they end up just buying kids they then need patience and they just don't have that. They are just lucky they don't really have many challengers.

Siorac

They are both doing a fine job at marking and destroying play in the middle of the pitch. And the tactics from Klopp have been spot on.
It's still mostly atrocious to watch though I will admit that's mostly down to Bayern being absolutely awful tonight. They've created basically nothing.

Klopp got it right, that's true.

Minimalist

Bayern are coached so poorly. So many chances in the final third but they don't have a clue what to do.

predator

Youth NITK
Bayern are very poor in all departments and need a major rebuild but this performance by Liverpool has been solid from defence to attack.