Champions League Round of 16 (12th Feb - 13th Mar)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Without doubt. Anfield is often a library, Spurs don't even have a stadium, and City can't even fill theirs :D

It reflects the game as a whole. It's been pretty shite.
Some of the smaller/lesser teams do alright, Selhurst and St James' Park are usually rocking. I remember Stoke being tough to go to as well.

I do think the bigger clubs in England have become too corporate in their approach, so the fans are a reflection of that.

Goodison used to be decent too, but these days I actually think it's the worst atmosphere in the top flight, the fans seem extremely agitated and quick to get on their own players backs, rather than offering support.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I feel like English clubs have solid away support, but home supporters are mostly casuals so don't create much of an atmosphere.

Similar story with England NT tbf, games at Wembley are usually pretty dead but the fans willing to travel abroad are generally the ones who care enough to make some noise. OT is dead tonight but my experience of United's away fans is that they're pretty good.
I get that and I mean I am not saying they are bad they just aren't good.. even the away support when comparing it to other clubs. I can name like 5 off the top of my head.

SportingCP96

Supports
Some of the smaller/lesser teams do alright, Selhurst and St James' Park are usually rocking. I remember Stoke being tough to go to as well.

I do think the bigger clubs in England have become too corporate in their approach, so the fans are a reflection of that.

Goodison used to be decent too, but these days I actually think it's the worst atmosphere in the top flight, the fans seem extremely agitated and quick to get on their own players backs, rather than offering support.
Palace fans arguably are the best in England.

Pagh Wraith

Apart from Ashley Young being a coward and a cnut, United have looked quite good. You can see they are finally playing for the manager.
Don't think so. If it continues like this they have to hope it stays 0-0. United's attack non-existant so far. PSG haven't been overly ambitious either and their final ball has been poor but you can see they are clearly the better side. OGS couldn't have asked for easier opponents so far but against the two tougher sides he has faced in the league United were very fortunate to win so his record is bit lopsided. I mean it's obvious the mood at the club has changed but the quality of the squad hasn't.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I get that and I mean I am not saying they are bad they just aren't good.. even the away support when comparing it to other clubs. I can name like 5 off the top of my head.
Oh yeah I agree, club support in England really isn't great these days, very sanitised in the top flight.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Palace fans arguably are the best in England.
Best in the Premier League for sure, Selhurst has a great atmosphere.

The top six are pretty much equally as terrible as each other, with the Emirates probably taking #1 spot as best library.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Wonder how serious those injuries are for United.

Not ideal timing with their fixtures.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Let's hope for a decent second half to make up for the crap in the first.

Wonder how serious those injuries are for United.

Not ideal timing with their fixtures.
I hope they're back in 7 days time.

SportingCP96

Supports
Best in the Premier League for sure, Selhurst has a great atmosphere.

The top six are pretty much equally as terrible as each other, with the Emirates probably taking #1 spot as best library.
Emirates is Gash I mean just this season my club Sporting went their and our fans blew them out the water. You could hear a pin drop from the emirates.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I've always thought that Old Trafford has an odd surrounding pitch area and it could quite easily lead to an accident.
Exactly, I mean it's not too uncommon for players to leave the side of the pitch at high speed or while falling. An iron fence diretly behind it doesn't look like a good idea.

SportingCP96

Supports
Oh yeah I agree, club support in England really isn't great these days, very sanitised in the top flight.
Which is a shame because you look at a club like Celtic and their league and there fans are rocking every game. Their home games especially in Europe give you goosebumps.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Which is a shame because you look at a club like Celtic and their league and there fans are rocking every game. Their home games especially in Europe give you goosebumps.
Celtic have safe standing I believe which helps, not sure how steep their ticket prices are.

I think the ridiculous ticket prices in the Premier League play a big role, the average fan of a premier league side just isn't all that passionate about their side. Plenty of the lower league sides in England have much better atmospheres.

SportingCP96

Supports
Celtic have safe standing I believe which helps, not sure how steep their ticket prices are.

I think the ridiculous ticket prices in the Premier League play a big role, the average fan of a premier league side just isn't all that passionate about their side. Plenty of the lower league sides in England have much better atmospheres.
I had no idea they have safe standing because that does make a difference. But besides the prices more so the atmosphere they make as a whole is fantastic to see.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Deserved tbh.

United have been a bit pathetic, very meek and easy to defend against. You simply can't play like this at home, credit has to go to PSG for nullifying them but this is not the United we've been seeing in the Prem recently.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yep, these lot in white are definitely not Fulham. Someone better tell Ole. :D

Pagh Wraith

Why is everyone screaming at the ref in the match day thread? Thought every single yellow has been justified.

SportingCP96

Supports
What have they been doing tonight and this is a PSG without 2 heads of their 3 headed snake.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Militao is doing a good job but still like to see him more as a CB.
He's on another level to our defenders. Sadly we are missing some important players in attack and look a bit toothless.

SportingCP96

Supports
One United goal changes this whole game. The next goal scored will be the most important when determining how this game turns out.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
It might be a bit too early to say tie over, but I don't see United overcoming a two goal deficit in Paris. They need a goal tonight, but honestly, Buffon hasn't had to do a damn thing except parry that one Rashford "shot/cross" out for a corner.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Ah shit 2-0. :( And Pogba looks shit against half decent opposition. No surprise to us non-Utd fans but I fear this might lead to no long term contract for Ole.

1-0 would have been enough. Sigh.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Embarrassing performance from United. Heavy favorites at home, PSG missing tons of players and United bottle it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
It might be a bit too early to say tie over, but I don't see United overcoming a two goal deficit in Paris. They need a goal tonight, but honestly, Buffon hasn't had to do a damn thing except parry that one Rashford "shot/cross" out for a corner.
Its over. No sugar coating it. They play at much higher level than us. Doesn't even stand a chance

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Very much a kneejerk suggestion but I do think United/Ole have been found out to a certain extent tonight.

They're deadly on the counter, but nullify that and they look lost for ideas, PSG haven't been uncomfortable at all. Barring a moment of Pogba magic you can't see where a United goal could actually come from.

Impressed with Tuchel.