Champions League Round of 16 (12th Feb - 13th Mar)

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He's on another level to our defenders. Sadly we are missing some important players in attack and look a bit toothless.
Yup. After everything it happened it’s a good result. Without Brahimi, Aboubakar or Marega even worse. For me Militao or Telles are the ones we look at them and feel they can play on top leagues with no problems imo.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I dunno, maybe at home to force Buffon in to a save? PSG weren't even at full strength tonight and were missing two of their best players.

I don't think anybody expects United to win the CL or even beat PSG, but the idea you don't have the quality to even make a home game competitive is just wrong imo. Tonight was just far too easy for them, they won't ever have a more comfortable game away from home in a CL knockout tie. They looked very organised and disciplined and United simply had no answer to that.
It's really not possible when you have Lingard in the attacking lineup. Martial got injured and Pogba had a bad day. Defence is a shambles when you play Young.

I did believed that we would have scored but their defence was too good. Things only develop from experience. All the good work done in last 2 months ain't going down the toilet because of this.

United are just not good enough for Europe and won't be for some seasons.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Oh and how Inter let a talent like Zaniolo leave? :lol:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It's really not possible when you have Lingard in the attacking lineup. Martial got injured and Pogba had a bad day. Defence is a shambles when you play Young.

I did believed that we would have scored but their defence was too good. Things only develop from experience. All the good work done in last 2 months ain't going down the toilet because of this.

United are just not good enough for Europe and won't be for some seasons.
This is true, and like I said earlier Ole has still done some fantastic work.

I just think that tonight was really bad, and I don't think it's a simple case of not having enough quality, this United team still has enough talent in it to show more than they did tonight .. in my opinion at least.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
Poor game by Utd, considering all injuries. PSG had enough technical quality to overcome aggressive press, and you guys didn't offer much apart from that.
Going through is a tough ask now, unless a few more PSG players get injuries. Which, considering recent Utd luck, is rather possible.

Inter Yer Nan

Poor game by Utd, considering all injuries. PSG had enough technical quality to overcome aggressive press, and you guys didn't offer much apart from that.
Going through is a tough ask now, unless a few more PSG players get injuries. Which, considering recent Utd luck, is rather possible.
We didn't have a lot of luck losing Martial and Lingard before half-time or when Kimbempe twice escaped a second yellow. The second foul being blatantly obvious.

enigmista

Supports
Juventus
You are talking of a team that swapped Pirlo for Guly, Seedorf for Coco, and Cannavaro for Carini.

Zaniolo + €30m for Naingolan is improvement for Inter.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
You are talking of a team that swapped Pirlo for Guly, Seedorf for Coco, and Cannavaro for Carini.

Zaniolo + €30m for Naingolan is improvement for Inter.
He was part of that Italy under 19 who went into the final with Portugal last Summer wasn’t he?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Fecking Spalletti :devil:

Btw, yeah, poor from United. There was a bit of bad luck involved, what with Martial's injury, but they had no reaction after going down. Game had been fairly even 'til then, in the sense that the teams were nullifying each other pretty well, either team needed a defensive mistake by the other to score.

Verratti is still PSG's most important player by a margin. Can't play their football without him, and often struggle to adjust without him against good opposition from what i've seen

tentan

Poor man's poster.
PSG defensively were incredible tonight. Silva and Marquinos the best players on the pitch.

Member 93275

Naughty naughty... The hotel in Amsterdam where Real Madrid are staying at 3:30hrs last night.

Afganitia

Supports
Girona
We couldn't do better with the entire attack injured and playing with the leftovers of the scraps :lol:
Fernando Andrade, Adrián, Hernani and André Pereira in a CL knockout game :lol:
Any thoughts on Casillas?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Naughty naughty... The hotel in Amsterdam where Real Madrid are staying at 3:30hrs last night.

They’ve been getting that sort of thing every year and it never bothers them :lol:

Last year it was the same in Paris

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder if Ajax will manage a surprise tonight.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I had more hopes when the draw was made, now I can't see it but you never know.
True, it was a different Real side back then. Still, Vinicius/De Jong/De Ligt all on show :drool: Never really watched the Dutch kids, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they do in a big game.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Not that confident after seeing the Spurs line-up (especially given Kane and Alli missing, plus Dier still out): 3 at the back (Toby + Sanchez + Foyth, in some unknown right-to-left order), with Vertonghen as left wingback and Aurier as right wingback.

I can only assume that Rose is not fully fit (tho' he's on the bench), whilst Aurier can be reckless with tackles inside our pen box.

Ah well, it is what it is and maybe my concerns will prove misplaced.

On the plus side, Dortmund have one or two key players also missing. COYS!

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Not that confident after seeing the Spurs line-up (especially given Kane and Alli missing, plus Dier still out): 3 at the back (Toby + Sanchez + Foyth, in some unknown right-to-left order), with Vertonghen as left wingback and Aurier as right wingback.

I can only assume that Rose is not fully fit (tho' he's on the bench), whilst Aurier can be reckless with tackles inside our pen box.

Ah well, it is what it is and maybe my concerns will prove misplaced.

On the plus side, Dortmund have one or two key players also missing. COYS!
Yeah I have no idea what the flying feck that team is. Foyth for a big game like this when he's looked so nervy at times? Vertonghen as a left back? Aurier is always a disaster waiting to happen.

In Poch we trust but .. oh man.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I have a feeling that Spurs might surprise a few people and go through in a commanding way. Dortmund haven't convinced me since the winter break and they will miss Reus more than Tottenham will miss Kane (and Alli).

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Yeah I have no idea what the flying feck that team is. Foyth for a big game like this when he's looked so nervy at times? Vertonghen as a left back? Aurier is always a disaster waiting to happen.

In Poch we trust but .. oh man.
How has Winks been this season? I think a lot will depend on how the midfields are going to perform. Sissoko is always a wild card, guy can have a prime Matthäus game and then play like a headless chicken in the next one.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
They play different positions?
True. But Foyth is very confident on the ball, so there has been some speculation that DM could prove to be a good position for him … tho' so far Poch has not experimented with this.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Strange lineup by Pochettino. I know their squad is depleted, but they don’t have any left back? First time in awhile I have seen a team play with four centerback if I m not mistaken. I don’t follow Spurs, so I don’t understand their team shape.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
How has Winks been this season? I think a lot will depend on how the midfields are going to perform. Sissoko is always a wild card, guy can have a prime Matthäus game and then play like a headless chicken in the next one.
I think he's been good, nothing remarkable but he's offered energy and I like his movement in midfield, had a couple of off games but mostly he's been reliable. I think he's the best central midfielder England have right now, which isn't saying much but still.

Gets a lot of unjust criticism on here because he's not a world beater and keeps it simple, but that's pretty much what he is expected to do. Sissoko has mostly been immense for us this season to be fair to him, Poch has found the perfect role for him and he's absolutely excelled, his physicality and work rate has been a god send.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Strange lineup by Pochettino. I know their squad is depleted, but they don’t have any left back? First time in awhile I have seen a team play with four centerback if I m not mistaken. I don’t follow Spurs, so I don’t understand their team shape.
PSG did that just last night.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Vertonghen will play as left wing-back. He's played as a LB many times before in a back four, but wingback is somewhat new for him as far as I recall.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
PSG did that just last night.
Oh, Marquinhos, Alves, Kempembe. Who is the last center back I m missing? Kehrer? It was strange to see Alves as a right midfielder but it worked for them.

Vertonghen will play as left wing-back. He's played as a LB many times before in a back four, but wingback is somewhat new for him as far as I recall.
Ah I see. He might be too old for the fullback that Poch often utilizes.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Vertonghen can play left back. He's done it for us and Belgium before.

Not a huge fan of him that position (goes without saying he's better centrally, and he's not the quickest) but he's competent. I'm guessing Rose isn't fully fit because otherwise don't really see a reason for Pochettino not to go with him.