Champions League Round of 16 (12th Feb - 13th Mar)

Loublaze

ATLien
A draw is a good result at Anfield but I'm not sure a scoreless draw is a good thing. Liverpool have an away goals advantage where a score draw is enough for them to go through.
I know this but Bayern are probably banking on their attack doing the business at home

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
I know this but Bayern are probably banking on their attack doing the business at home
Thats a safe bet as each team will have to score in order to advance :angel:.
Our attack isn't doing the business anywhere.
Kovac reverted his tactics a bit Frankfurt-style the last couple of matches and played from a massive defense preferring an ugly 1-0 over a flashy 5-3, even against a very mediocre Hertha. Given the massive number of goals Bayern conceded recently, i think its a sensible option even though i find it surprising it worked at all :D
Seems adding an in-form-again Martinez really did the trick, who would have thought.
Lewa is clearly suffering from having James next to him instead of Müller, and the continous inconsistency on the left wing, with an alternating not-so-fit Coman or out-of-form Ribery isn't helping. Having Goretzka back may be a bigger factor than many expect.

Stocar

I think Bayern will go through. Liverpool are looking a bit deflated lately and title race is probably a priority for them. Bayern are due an inspired performance, and no better occasion for that than European night at home.

BaseFishing

Dortmund's line-up is much, much better this time, especially going forward. I can definitely see them winning the game. Don't know about qualifying though. A 3 goal deficit is too much ground to make up.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I'd much rather see Ajax go through than Dortmund. It's not an impossible task. If Real score 1 goal, they still only need 2 anyway to force ET/pens. Hoping for an upset.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
No chance. Even if they were to struggle the ref would somehow bail them out.
Ajax score, VAR overruled because the opposition left-back was distracting Courtois.

redshaw

Going to watch Dortmund Spurs. Interested if they sit back on the lead or not. Could do with Spurs going through so there's more chance they get caught up in the top 4 battle. Would be great if another spot is up for grabs.

Dortmund can get fecked with their Europa sour grapes. Not only that but they went into Europa after those comments anyway and got dumped out of that.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Feel like Kane shouldn't have been starting tonight. He's just played a few intense games in a row and is just back from a nasty injury .. we're 3-0 up, play Son up top and play on the counter, it's not like we're not capable without him.

But hey, what the feck do I know? Poch is working with the players and knows better than I.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I liked Ajax the other day, Van de Beek, Ziyech, Neves ... (the only one I did not like was Dolberg)
however, It´s very difficult, not only for playing at the Bernabéu but for playing after the disappointment of the clásicos, which caused a dressing room meeting, and supposedly today, some kind of reaction.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
I know Boateng hasn't played as FB since years and normally Rafinha will play as RB against Liverpool but who is Bayern Munich's 3rd choice RB??
no such thing, Rafinha is the backup fullback on both sides. i could even imagine Kovac switching to a back line of three with an additional DM rather than playing Boa as RFB

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Spurs already through, no way they let that advantage slip.

Gonna watch Ajax/Madrid.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Spurs will score within the first 20 minutes

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I liked Ajax the other day, Van de Beek, Ziyech, Neves ... (the only one I did not like was Dolberg)
however, It´s very difficult, not only for playing at the Bernabéu but for playing after the disappointment of the clásicos, which caused a dressing room meeting, and supposedly today, some kind of reaction.
Will be interesting to see how the Madrid team responds.

izec

Dortmund ultra offensive. Spurs with Davinson is a mistake IMO, should have gone with Dier as third CB. Think Dortmund will win but not progress, but would be surprised if they dont concede at least one goal. Spurs need to play with intensity, not sitting back and inviting pressure.