Champions League Round of 16 (12th Feb - 13th Mar)

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
How did you come by that conclusion is beyond me, that's some assumption game you got going there buddy, quite vivid. I've made it pretty clear that it's down to the difference in talent he's playing with…

This is the first time he's been part of a team bursting with talent, hence why he is performing on this level right now.
Personally I love the guy. Back at Groningen he was playing left wing and he wasn't scoring much, but the assists were off the charts, leading in Europe together with Ozil at the time iirc.

If he'd gone to Ajax/PSV instead of FC Twente (who were a top 4 team at the time and offered the most money for him) he might've gotten a bit more attention from the scouts and perhaps would've ended up playing at a club like Sevilla or Valencia for years instead of Southampton.

Now at Ajax with great teammates you can see how productive he can be in the right set-up. Not having to play against physical beasts in the PL three times a week without a winter break is better for a player like him too, it's easy to forgot how tough the PL can be.

Fracture90

Your second paragraph is a greater assumption than anything your suggesting I've incorrectly assumed. We interpret information based on what we see or read right? So let's not pretend that anyone is any different here.

Your assumption is that he's performing this way because he's surrounded by quality, which makes the suggestion that he'd maintain this level at other clubs with quality players. I'm saying I disagree with that.

Not sure what the fuss is about.
They really ought to add a facepalm emoji.

How about you go back and check what team he played for and the players he had for his teammates, and then come back to tell me that me thinking his playing his best football yet is down to him having some extremely talented players around him is somehow a bigger assumption than that gem of yours.

Untd55

Feel like all other English teams seem to get ridiculously good luck in Europe while we haven’t had a good break in the CL since 2011.
Do not think it is luck but consistency of performance.

Example
We were crap against PSG who didn't even perform well; made it feel like we missed an opportunity. Tottenham actually dominated Dortmund in the second half of the first leg and got three goals for it. We never got near that level of performance against PSG, but hopefully we can in the next leg.

JSArsenal

This should be the start of another great Ajax side, instead, it will be picked apart player by player. Its already started with De Jong to Barcelona

Fracture90

Personally I love the guy. Back at Groningen he was playing left wing and he wasn't scoring much, but the assists were off the charts, leading in Europe together with Ozil at the time iirc.

If he'd gone to Ajax/PSV instead of FC Twente (who were a top 4 team at the time and offered the most money for him) he might've gotten a bit more attention from the scouts and perhaps would've ended up playing at a club like Sevilla or Valencia for years instead of Southampton. Now at Ajax with great teammates you can see how productive he can be in the right set-up and not having to play against physical beasts in the PL three times a week without a winter break.
Yup, agreed with that. He was always racking up assists left and right, Spain would have been a perfect move for him.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Do not think it is luck but consistency of performance.

Example
We were crap against PSG who didn't even perform well; made it feel like we missed an opportunity. Tottenham actually dominated Dortmund in the second half of the first leg and got three goals for it. We never got near that level of performance against PSG, but hopefully we can in the next leg.
Getting injuries to two attackers fundamental to how we want to play is bad luck.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Never understood why people rated Carvajal highly, guy is so average. Same with Bellerin.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
So much rubbish at United and the player mourinho got rid of was Daley Blind. feck Jose mourinho

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The only one that can save us is a Brazilian star that you still don´t know . He´s called VARinho and will appear before the end

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
They really ought to add a facepalm emoji.

How about you go back and check what team he played for and the players he had for his teammates, and then come back to tell me that me thinking his playing his best football yet is down to him having some extremely talented players around him is somehow a bigger assumption than that gem of yours.
Whispers *or maybe it's because he's playing in a pub league*

Confidence can do incredible things to human beings you know.

I'd also note that it's funny how any of these Southampton players shine and get moves to bigger clubs considering the absolute dross they apparently play with week in week out.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Ajax are messing up these chances for a third, only a matter of time before Real get a stroke of luck. i.e Bale deflected shot or a soft pen.

Gordon S

Why is Casemiro always rewarded with a freekick?? He just stands there and falls to the ground as soon as there is some contact.