Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Nice that a football match has broken out. The first 60 minutes were like rewatching the Merseyside derby.

TheRedHearted

I’m torn cause i want Messi to do well but clearly Bayern is a more legit club than psg even though they monopolize that region and signings

Why did mbappe swarm his own player there

Jev

This is one of the most entertaining halfs of football I've ever seen.

Siorac

PSG woke up but it begs the question: what the feck were they doing for the first 75 minutes or so?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Bayern doing their best grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory impression.

Canagel

This high line from Bayern is suicidal. How are you getting caught that high while 1-0 up and with only 10 minutes to go.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Yep. Compare Rashford et al. pressing and distance covered stats from end of Ole/Rangnick to under ten Hag and it’s night and day. The right manager can get it out of a player. (Though I think Messi is much like Ronaldo was in that he just doesn’t give a feck at all for running)
To be fair, even Pep at the end seemed to think Messi were better off conserving his energy and that was Messi in his prime

BalanceUnAutreJoint

The way this game is ending makes me thing Bayern won't be able to handle Mbappe with Neymar behind him for 90 minutes in the return leg.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
How many CL winners does Bayern have on the field? They really seem to lack that bit of know-how to get the job done. Wasteful up front and now on the ropes at the back.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
I’m torn cause i want Messi to do well but clearly Bayern is a more legit club than psg even though they monopolize that region and signings
You do realize Augsburg is playing Bundesliga, 1860 and Nürnberg are capable of destroying themselves without any outside help and Bayern haven't signed any player from BVB or Freiburg or Union in the last umpteenth years? ( They pretty much bought half of RBL but no one cares about that)

Last edited: