Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

Sylar

The draw worked out well. Hoping City get a major player next round but can see them easily making the semis again.

LARulz

City with a nice easy draw. Benfica the happiest of the bunch no doubt

They've been excellent all year so far

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Some really interesting ties early on. PSG v Bayern is so hard to call, but I feel PSGs defence will be their undoing.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
It's feasible that come the next draw when they draw the route to the final one lucky team could have to play any 2 of the winners of Spurs-Milan, Brugges-Benfica and Napoli-Frankfurt to get to the final.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Fantastic. Win 6/6 just to get paired against PSG. That's fun.
We didn't win 6/6 but I remember us getting PSG after winning our group, it was the only really tough 2nd place team, and some other team who finished 2nd got Porto or some other random team that topped a Europa League level group. I think it was the season David Luiz scored against us. Very annoying :lol:

Blackwidow

The question of all this matches is how the teams come out of the World Cup. The cards will be mixed new then.

When is the birthday of Neymar's sister? :cool:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Liverpool Echo being rather prophetic in their draw coverage:

JuriM

Any talk about possible fixed draws to keep big teams in play was thrown out of the window atm :D

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not particularly bothered about who we get. Yeah PSG is the obvious one to try and avoid but I would actually enjoy playing them again. Haven't faced them in a while.

The landscape will look so much different by the time these games are actually played. I remember being very nervous about facing Atleti in 2021, who were flying high when the draw was made and we were in turmoil in the last days of the Lampard period. By the time we actually played them, they were no match for us under Tuchel.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Psg Bayern is disappointing so early on. Ideally needed the big teams to avoid each other and face city later on.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sick and tired of liverpool. UEFA should just redo like last year. Keep Bayern vs PSG and redo the rest please

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, essentially. Either PSG's defence will get overrun, or Messi will pull something special out his ass in a high scoring game.
It won't be down to Messi, Mbappe will be the key if they are to win this.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly, they might as well beat us this time around. At some point they would have to, it would be ok if it's this year, we're not winning it again anyways, and they have a good shot at beating City. Plus a CL semifinals involving Liverpool, Bayern, Milan and Inter would be pretty cool

MUFC OK

Scouser Sue Smith on Sky Sports says Liverpool will fancy their chances.. okay then.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The reaction to these draws always fail to consider they are all in 3 months time. Picture can be wildly different by then.

Real Name

Honestly, they might as well beat us this time around. At some point they would have to, it would be ok if it's this year, we're not winning it again anyways, and they have a good shot at beating City. Plus a CL semifinals involving Liverpool, Bayern, Milan and Inter would be pretty cool
I see what you did there.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I guess Spurs would have been worse, but Chelsea is such a depressingly boring draw..

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The reaction to these draws always fail to consider they are all in 3 months time. Picture can be wildly different by then.
It's only 3 months because of the WC. Usually there are only 2 months.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Oh no, uh uh! :nono:

You're not getting a whiff of playing the underdogs this season. Not after what you achieved last season and then the ridiculously awesome players you bought in the summer. You played the Ancelloti cigar and sunglasses meme card, now we know your hand. No bluff will work.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's only 3 months because of the WC. Usually there are only 2 months.
2 months is still a long time in football, and there's a transfer window in between. Liverpool have looked terrible so far but they may well be flying high in a couple of months.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Here comes the biyearly tie vs Pool, just in time for the anniversary of the final.