Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Bayern PSG may well be decided by who picks up more injuries at the WC.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
WC final is on 18.12, the first leg of Bayern-PSG is on 14.2., almost two months later.
Enough for not only severe but also mid-term injuries to still impact match fitness , isn't it? Out for four to six weeks, just enough to maybe get the fitness back but not a lot of game time even in training. Of course most of our players won't make the finals :D

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Don't you guys want to wait for injuries to actually occur, before you have a meltdown over them?

Paula

Supports
Bayern
Don't you guys want to wait for injuries to actually occur, before you have a meltdown over them?
no, we just want to complain about the ***** worldcup.

whitbyviking

I can see Liverpool winning this if they get past Madrid. We'd never hear the end of it.

That run of fixtures looks rough but I would be willing to bet pretty heavily they go unbeaten during it. Beating Madrid at home and drawing away.

Could just be one of those years.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
RAWK is going to be an interesting read the next couple of days :lol:

That said, I don't know why but I feel this might be the year where Liverpool knocks them out
Same. I think they can do it over 2 legs.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Every madridista right now :lol: "Van Dijk injured, liverpool is 6th, Salah turns into Ansu Fati when he plays Madrid, their best midfielder is Thiago, Vini owns TAA, and the return leg is at the Bernabeu

They'll pump 4 past us at Anfield"

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Real are dreadful without Casemiro. Dippers are finally going to beat them this year :(

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Real are dreadful without Casemiro. Dippers are finally going to beat them this year :(
Expect them to. But tbf no Casemiro isn’t our biggest problem at the moment. Everything is going wrong, Case would just share in the misery. Like many times in the past.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Have you been watching Liverpool this year too? They’ve lost to Leeds and forest.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
As brilliant as Casemiro has been for United, I think holding midfielder (Camavinga, Tchouameni) is the strongest position in Madrid's squad with CB (Militao, Rudiger, Alaba, Nacho) and goalkeeper (Courtois).

I think the main weakness is the full backs at the moment.

Shai-Hulud

Expect them to. But tbf no Casemiro isn’t our biggest problem at the moment. Everything is going wrong, Case would just share in the misery. Like many times in the past.
What misery? As far as I can see you're very close to the top of the table.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
This would make sense if Liverpool weren't even more dreadful these days.
CL is CL, so obviously can go either way though.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

With Neymar probably missing the second leg it's a big advantage for Bayern.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
That gap between the first and seconds legs are huge, or has it always been like that?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
The tie looks pretty balanced on injuries now. We'll be missing Neuer, Hernandez, plus most likely Mané and Mazraoui. Maybe Gravenberch.

Red_Support

Bayern seems to be the favorite even during the away game (betting odds).

I can’t see Paris go through. I mean they did last time but Bayern was better in both games and they have a stronger squad now.

PSG has a very poor defense. Bayern on the other end has Upamecano, De Ligt, Cancelo, Davies, Pavard.

Paris would need Mbappe in the starting eleven to have a chance. Bayern will miss Hernandez and Mane, both quality players.

Blackwidow

Funny, or? That Mbappe etc. is back for the match... :cool:

Last edited:

avgp_1

I've seen reports Verratti will be available? Him coming back is essential for PSG. They need some grit in that midfield

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Rumors in Milan are that Pioli wants to start with a back 3 of Kalulu-Thaw-Tomori tonight. Putting in a kid with barely 200 minutes this year into the starting line up against Harry Kane could go quite terribly. Also Calabria seems like he might get benched, and Saelemaaekers is supposed to start on the right. Doubt Leao will start and Bennacer is still out. Brahim and Giroud will have to play out of their skins if Milan are to have a chance tonight.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
I expect two away wins tonight. PSG have been horrible after World Cup. I watched some of their matches and most of their players looked totally uninterested in what they were doing, hope for them something will change after hearing Champions League anthem but Bayern are the FAVOURITE to win it this season..

About San Siro game: Even if the absence of Bentancur-Hojbjerg duo in the midfield could be a big problem for them, we've simply been too horrible in the past weeks to think we can win this.. Their defence, with the return of Cuti Romero, should be good enough against the toothless attack we've shown in the past month and they have just too many good players upfront to not score a couple to our laughable defence..
My prediction: 1-3 Bayern, 0-2 Tottenham

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I've seen reports Verratti will be available? Him coming back is essential for PSG. They need some grit in that midfield
They were all out for multiple weeks and suddenly all started training again last Sunday. :lol:

CallyRed

Going to be cheering on our new feeder club tonight. Come on PSG.

kaiser1

Pep's Mum
Supports
Bayern Munich

For PSG

Verrati Messi Neymar all start