g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

kidbob

In what world is Gvaridol worth £100m?
In the Bundesliga world of thinking they are in anyway relevant. Simply another player that will come from playing in Germany that will look shite in an actual League.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Was Haaland this passive at Dortmund? And by that I mean: he isn’t really involved in games for long stretches. Every now and then he drops deep to touch the ball and then goes back but overall his contribution is more in the final third. Don’t know if that is just his game or instructions from Guardiola.

Hammondo

Bundesliga is absolutely terrible. I'd put Bayern at struggling for 6th to 8th in the PL if they were in England. City have just played with this joke team.
I don't think there are any notably top teams at the moment. All leagues are pretty meh.

Bole Top

Haaland's been invisible so far. probably touches the ball more in pre-match trainings than in actual matches these days.

then again, Leipzig is pretty shit. he will probably end with 2 goals anyway.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Was Haaland this passive at Dortmund? And by that I mean: he isn’t really involved in games for long stretches. Every now and then he drops deep to touch the ball and then goes back but overall his contribution is more in the final third. Don’t know if that is just his game or instructions from Guardiola.
He’s making less and less runs because he knows no one will try to find him.

Alex_89

Supports
FC Porto
Bundesliga is absolutely terrible. I'd put Bayern at struggling for 6th to 8th in the PL if they were in England. City have just played with this joke team.
Bayern is one of the most well run clubs in the world, better than any English club, they would be competing for the title every year.

Zen86

He’ll score two goals in a 4-0 victory and everyone will return to calling him cheat code again

Godfather

Handbags at Porto.
BTW I still have yet to see a single game where Lautaro looks good. He's wank again

Darkhorsez

Taremi created a great chance. I am somewhat biased on this - we should have really gone for him in Jan. Would have a cost us a few bob though.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Silly play, Onana puts the ball off the field on purpose to make the referee able to watch the video replay of the possible penalty, then we dfidn't give them the ball (because it wasn't an injury). Weird play anyway
(I think it was a penalty but the ref didn't award it)

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yes, and they never play it in to his feet either. He looks sort of out of place in this City side, but then he will probably score later.
It's why I thought he was a stupid signing for them. They never needed some huge CF to poach goals they scored/created plenty of goals already. Signing a Jesus like player to replace him going to Arsenal and a more direct winger would have worked better. Haaland ironically fits our style way more than theirs, as we are much quicker in transition and way more direct in how we look to create. Now he just stands around or makes runs that they don't reward, and he's obviously not going to drop deeper and get involved in neat triangles and creative play either.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
In the Bundesliga world of thinking they are in anyway relevant. Simply another player that will come from playing in Germany that will look shite in an actual League.
Do you realize there is a chance City is the only team from PL that will progress to the next stage in Europe right?

Yes, there is a chance the mighty PL only has one team in the next knockout stage, with all the money they spent, basically outspending every other league.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Handbags at Porto.
BTW I still have yet to see a single game where Lautaro looks good. He's wank again
Handbags because Porto is the most disgusting team in Europe with their antics. They don't get the preferential treatment with these refs though. Otávio is an embarrassment with his typical behavior.

kidbob

Bayern is one of the most well run clubs in the world, better than any English club, they would be competing for the title every year.
They are 4 points ahead of a team that can't touch the ball against City. Who themselves are worse than Arsenal. Bayern would struggle for top 4 in this PL season.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Do you realize there is a chance City is the only team from PL that will progress to the next stage in Europe right?

Yes, there is a chance the mighty PL only has one team in the next knockout stage, with all the money they spent, basically outspending every other league.
The PL is really competitive. Teams barely have energy for Europe afterwards

Godfather

Handbags because Porto is the most disgusting team in Europe with their antics. They don't get the preferential treatment with these refs though. Otávio is an embarrassment with his typical behavior.
Honestly I'm not really paying attention the game is that poor. To think that this is a CL game whereas we are playing Barca in the EL tomorrow is quite outrageous

kidbob

You do realise that 4th placed Leipzeig can't touch the ball against a City team that are very much 2nd best in the PL? Bayern are 4 points ahead of this shite? Doesn't say much for me. Funnily enough the teams representing the PL are actually terrible this year. City are a shadow of themselves and Chelsea and Liverpool are absolutely shite. Still Bayern will barely touch a shite City team.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
He’s making less and less runs because he knows no one will try to find him.
Yeah it is strange how many runs he makes and no one goes for it, must be annoying.

City doesn’t really play progressive as one would expect. I guess part of it is inability? So many times (not just this game), when I watch them and they seem intent on passing just to pass. Taking long time on the ball (Mahrez especially) so the opposition is able to close down spaces, too many back and sideway passes, no forward momentum and strange decision making all around by so many players.

Cloud7

I don't think there are any notably top teams at the moment. All leagues are pretty meh.
That's made things really exciting for football currently in my opinion. When top teams clash it can go either way, and they often are some really exciting matches. Like us vs Barcelona or Real and pool last night

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You do realise that 4th placed Leipzeig can't touch the ball against a City team that are very much 2nd best in the PL? Bayern are 4 points ahead of this shite? Doesn't say much for me. Funnily enough the teams representing the PL are actually terrible this year. City are a shadow of themselves and Chelsea and Liverpool are absolutely shite. Still Bayern will barely touch a shite City team.
This is based on nothing. European football is different. City struggled against many shit teams in the league, does that mean those teams would beat Bayern too ?

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
The PL is really competitive. Teams barely have energy for Europe afterwards
That was never an issue for Serie A teams in 80s and 90s.
Competitive league doesn't have to be throw away games in Europe.

What PL has is more expensive players that aren't necessarily better, except the ones at top 3 teams, than players in other leagues, especially considering that they bring these exact same players literally from Bundesliga,La Liga, and Ligue 1.