Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The guy who was encroaching and cleared the ball. It's fine lads.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
So if Chelsea scored it would have to be retaken because Chilwell was in the box?
Of course not, why would it need to be retaken ? It's encroachment because the Dortmund player that went in is the same one that cleared it after it rebounded off the post.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Thought maybe too close for handball , the ref had a good view. He did move his arm out. Penny for thoughts on why given at monitor not real time.

Should be bookings for all the the whining. When will football sort dissent out?

Retake ok as long as they always retake in the same circumstances.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
The BVB guy (Ozcan?) who clearanced the ball was inside the semicircle so ref's decision is 100% correct.

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München
What a god damn joke that the penalty was retaken, considering Chilwell was the first one in the box. If that are the ruley the rules need to be changed.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Havertz stopped midway through his run, take it again ref!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't think it was wrong to repeat the penalty. But it's a joke to award it via VAR. The arm was close to the chest, it was part of a natural movement. Some refs may have given it, some may have not. But it wasn't a clear mistake and UEFA's VAR threshold is supposed to be high to begin with.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Being penalised for moving your hand towards a cross hardly feels like a sea change in terms of the way football works?
Have you ever played football? It isn’t happening in slow motion and players aren’t Irish dancing.

Burkeovic

Ozcan wasn't in box when pen taking and the other 2 dortmund players never touched the ball rigged fc

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Christ Brugges is so bad. Scott Parker is just clueless.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Get your money on the Chelsea CL win. It's exactly the sort of thing they do after been awful and spending obscene money.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Have you ever played football? It isn’t happening in slow motion and players aren’t Irish dancing.
Well yes I have - but I can't recall any coach telling me to turn my back and stick my arm out when the opposition was crossing. Perhaps I didn't get to a high enough level though where apparently that's an acceptable way to defend?

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
It would seems finally Todd has learn where to put money to get the results. Directly deal with the match officials. Surely a quick learner.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Get your money on the Chelsea CL win. It's exactly the sort of thing they do after been awful and spending obscene money.
I bet they will get Benfica next

Antarion

Dont care for either team but penalties are destroying modern football. I think they were a nest idea back then but nowadays they are too powerful and too random (especially handball penalties). They should go away except for shootouts.

Smacky The Frog

Best I’ve seen Cucurella play in a while. Looks more like the player at Brighton. Sterling has been atrocious except for the goal.