Champions League Round of 16 (15th Feb - 16th Mar)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
When is the Champions League last 16 draw?
The draw takes place at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland, on Monday 13 December. The ceremony begins at 12:00 CET, which is 11am in the UK and Portugal.

Where can I watch the Champions League last 16 draw?
The live stream will appear on this link.

Which teams are in the Champions League last 16 draw?
The draw features the 16 teams that advance from the UEFA Champions League group stage; the group winners are seeded and the runners-up are unseeded. Twelve teams have qualified so far:

Confirmed group winners (seeded)
Ajax (NED)
Bayern (GER)
Juventus (ITA)
Liverpool (ENG)
LOSC Lille (FRA)
Manchester City (ENG)
Manchester United (ENG)
Real Madrid (ESP)

Confirmed group runners-up (unseeded)
Atlético (ESP)
Benfica (POR)
Chelsea (ENG)
Inter (ITA)
Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
Salzburg (AUT)
Sporting CP (POR)
Villarreal (ESP)

When is the Champions League round of 16?
The first legs are scheduled for 15/16/22/23 February, with the second legs on 8/9/15/16 March. Kick-offs are at 21:00 CET.

The draw for the quarter-finals, semi-finals and final is on Friday 18 March.

What changes are there this season?
The so-called away goals rule has been removed, so ties level after 180 minutes will go to extra time irrespective of the number of goals each team has scored home and away. If the teams still cannot be separated after the additional 30 minutes then it goes to a penalty shoot-out.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
FlorenThanos will make sure we play all of our second legs at home :drool:

Idxomer

Can UEFA resist the narrative of a tie between Manchester United and PSG?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Think Barca will go out tonight so that leaves us with the chance of Benfica, Sporting Lisbon, Inter, Atletico Madrid and PSG. That's my order of preference as well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Think Barca will go out tonight so that leaves us with the chance of Benfica, Sporting Lisbon, Inter, Atletico Madrid and PSG. That's my order of preference as well.
Rather play PSG than Atletico.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
[QUOTE="adexkola, post: 28198784, member:
No away goals rule?

This is a travesty. Heads need to roll.
[/QUOTE]
Count as double mate. Always have, always will.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Doubt we'll get the team from group G. In the last 5 draws for the last 16 in the CL we've got Atletico, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, PSG and PSG. And that's despite winning the group in 3 of those years.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I want to avoid PSG because they'd be tough to beat and we don't want that in Last 16 and Sporting + whoever gets out of Salzburg/Wolfsburg/Lille/Sevilla group because that would be a boring tie, I want proper big club. Inter or Atletico would be perfect. Expecting to add Benfica to the list of teams I don't want.

lsd

The Oracle
Wouldn't be surprised if Man City get Chesterfield.

I would bet anything we will get PSG

SeanyC

Inter my choice…think they’re poor, especially since Conte left! Ajax for the simple reason of TenHag…see how he would line up against us and also can be classed as an audition for us.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Atletico
Inter
PSG
Sporting
Benfica
Saltburn or Sevilla

Sporting Please

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Inter my choice…think they’re poor, especially since Conte left! Ajax for the simple reason of TenHag…see how he would line up against us and also can be classed as an audition for us.
We can't get Ajax

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I've just looked back at our last 5 CL last 16 draws and seen that we faced the hardest possible team we could get in all of them when you consider which teams we could play who due to the seeding. Would you lot like to trade our awful CL draws and decent FA Cup 3rd round draws for your average CL and FA 3rd round draws? Doubt it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I've just looked back at our last 5 CL last 16 draws and seen that we faced the hardest possible team we could get in all of them when you consider which teams we could play who due to the seeding. Would you lot like to trade our awful CL draws and decent FA Cup 3rd round draws for your average CL and FA 3rd round draws? Doubt it.
you Chelsea guys get so upset about being accused of having lucky draws don’t you? :lol:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
By suddenly avoiding all the English teams + Bayern and Real, it is only one team (PSG) now out of the five/six in our pot to make us extreme underdogs, which is nice until we get… PSG. :wenger:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
  • Psg
  • Atletico
  • Sporting
  • Inter
  • Salzburg
  • Benfica
Obviously hope to avoid PSG and then Inter/Atletico about the same for me and about level with us (though if we hit our potential with Ralf then a game with PSG with them at their best would be 50/50 too). Should be beating the rest without massive issues.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
  • Psg
  • Atletico
  • Sporting
  • Inter
  • Salzburg
  • Benfica
Obviously hope to avoid PSG and then Inter/Atletico about the same for me. Should be beating the rest without massive issues.
It’s going to be PSG.

cyberman

I wouldn’t be scared of PSG but nobody there is worth getting scared over. About as easy as it gets at this stage

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Surely the narrative choice is Salzburg. Ronaldo v Messi has been done into the ground (and can wait until a later round).

Probably want Salzburg, Benfica, Sporting, Atletico, Inter then PSG in that order on paper. That said I think Rangnick could coach us brilliantly against PSG to outwork them, and I’d be more worried about being Atletico’d.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Thanks to Chelsea a reunion with juve is out of the cards

Best case scenario is any of the Portuguese teams (though they do have an upset im them) and Salzburg worst case scenario is either psg or atletico (they are a nightmare to break down and shithousers of the highest order) inter seem to be decent as well but I doubt Italian football is at a good state right now

I'm a masochist and love the media shitstorm of messi vs Ronaldo so bring on the French wankers (also a good time to serve some revenge on the Argentinan magnifico we haven't beaten him since that 2nd leg in 2008)