Champions League Round of 16 (15th Feb - 16th Mar)

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Would like to get us Salzburg, might look to get tickets in that case.
Also Rangnick meeting his old RB buddies would be fun.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Since the last cup draw then?
You mean when we pulled Atletico? These are our RO16 draws since the turn of the 10s.

Atletico
Bayern
Barca
PSG
PSG
Besiktas
Napoli (with prime Cavani and Lavezzi)
Copenhagen
Inter

7 times out of 9 the hardest possible draw.
An Olympiakos, Sevilla or Marseille type draw would be long overdue!

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
You mean when we pulled Atletico? These are our RO16 draws since the turn of the 10s.

Atletico
Bayern
Barca
PSG
PSG
Besiktas
Napoli (with prime Cavani and Lavezzi)
Copenhagen
Inter

7 times out of 9 the hardest possible draw.
An Olympiakos, Sevilla or Marseille type draw would be long overdue!
You have been spouting Olympiakos and Sevilla for days now. You actually bothered to go back to 2014, then why not 2013? And you bothered to consider 2018, then why not 2019? We have played in the last 16 round in the CL only four times in the last decade (shocking in itself I know) - but you keep ignoring to mention the other two (RM and PSG). I wonder why.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You have been spouting Olympiakos and Sevilla for days now. You actually bothered to go back to 2014, then why not 2013? And you bothered to consider 2018, then why not 2019? We have played in the last 16 round in the CL only four times in the last decade (shocking in itself I know) - but you keep ignoring to mention the other two (RM and PSG). I wonder why.
Lets do this then, your RO16 draws in the same period I listed ours.

PSG
Sevilla
Olympiakos
Real Madrid
Marseille
Milan

3 kind draws out of 6 (I'd personally say the Milan of 2010 makes it 4 but I'll be kind) vs 2 out of 9.

Some people have got wound up by the R3 FA Cup draw (which I'll admit we have had freakishly good in recent times) they've created a narrative that the slightest bit of research shows doesn't even exist.

Newstyle

Since UEFA is corrupt they will of course play the narrative of Messi vs Ronaldo. 100% PSG.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

PSG
Sevilla
Olympiakos
Real Madrid
Marseille
Milan

3 kind draws out of 6 (I'd personally say the Milan of 2010 makes it 4 but I'll be kind) vs 2 out of 9.

Some people have got wound up by the R3 FA Cup draw (which I'll admit we have had freakishly good in recent times) they've created a narrative that the slightest bit of research shows doesn't even exist.
:o Cry me a river, Milan kind draw but Napoli such a harsh draw … and I was not referring to all draws in the club‘s history but rather to you randomly picking Olympiacos and Sevilla (when actually PSG happened more recently than Sevilla but you didn’t mention them at all)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Now Villarreal have qualified, we have the last 16 odds known. United most likely to draw Atletico or Inter, least likely to draw Benfica or Sporting.

hows this worked out?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
hows this worked out?
Math and probabilities for example Chelsea can't get 3 of the group leaders so that leaves them with bayern real and ajax now real won't get ateliti but can get anyone else so work this out for every other team and put them in the formula and you get them results

The probabilities aren't that high obviously so the chances are pretty even still

That's all considering its all random and uefa isnt cooking up the draws

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
History suggests you will get your wish.

We've had the worst possible R016 draw all but twice since 2010.

PSG
Sevilla
Olympiakos
Real Madrid
Marseille
Milan

you can hardly mention europa league draws, Milan was the biggest name we could have drawn them anyway. You have such a bee in your bonnet about these draws :lol:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
you can hardly mention europa league draws, Milan was the biggest name we could have drawn them anyway. You have such a bee in your bonnet about these draws :lol:
It's some of your lot that started playing the victim about them, I was just pointing out the facts.

Bottom line is to claim we get it easy in UCL is up there with Covid conspiracies.

PSG happened more recently than Sevilla but you didn’t mention them at all)
On that basis, we've had Paris twice, Barca, Bayern and Leti since our last kind draw so.....

UTD_Since_1978

I’d rather we play PSG that Atlético. I can see Ragnick outmanoeuvring Pochettino and the lack of consistent press of their forward line playing in our favour.
the alternative is 180 minutes of shithousery and Simeone intensity. We have better players , but I just wouldn’t like the matchup.
If anything, this will be the real biggest test of Rangnick's skills as a manager & as a tactical coach because let's face it, even Ole knocked PSG out, plus Rangnick will have had about 2 & a half months working with his players & getting them used to playing the way he likes.

Used this simulator around 15 times using the random draw button before I got PSG vs United.

https://eminga.github.io/cldraw/
I tried that twice & both times we got Inter.

Does anybody know for sure if BT Sport will have the draw on YouTube as I am working when it takes place & I want to watch it in the evening (as live) without knowing the draw outcome.

Giggsyking

SalzburgBayern
InternazionaleMan United
AtléticoAjax
ChelseaLille
VillarrealMan City
Sporting CPJuventus
BenficaReal Madrid
ParisLiverpool

diarm

I just hope we don't have to play a Spanish team unless it's Real Madrid this year.

I can't stand the rest of them and their diving, screaming, ref moaning anti-football. Feels like every Spanish side we've played in the last 5 years have left me wanting to scratch my eyes out.

Dan_F

Bottom line is to claim we get it easy in UCL is up there with Covid conspiracies.
It’s just the FA Cup you get the easiest draws in fairness. I had to laugh watching the draw a couple weeks ago. It was the first time I bothered for a while and I said to my partner easy home tie for Chelsea and a PL club for United. Feels like it’s every year.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
My prediction is Chelsea draw Bayern and @Dancfc comes into brag about it, with tears in his eyes of course. :D

Telsim

Not PSG or Atletico, please! :nervous: Give them to Liverpool and City...

saivet

Just hope we avoid PSG. They're the strongest side we can face plus I'm tired of playing them. I'd also like to avoid Atletico but wouldn't be overly worried about them like with PSG.

Salzburg would be the perfect draw in any case.