Champions League - Round of 16 - 1st Legs 13/14/20/21 Feb

Telsim

I know they aren't usually great, but this might be the worst RO16 I've seen in some time, probably.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
This ref received a dossier about Ben White's bullshit, he's not letting him do anything :lol:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Poorest in a long time. Its a pretty uninspiring season for Champions League, and probably supports the restructure for next season.
No it doesn't, it shows that there are too many teams in the league that aren't necessarily of good quality (eg: Dortmund and Leipzig from BL) and should be limited to actual champions.

Next season we'll have 5 teams from a couple of leagues, it just removes the prestige of the competition that you can actually play in it while being so far off from winning the league title.

Ofcourse going back to having just 1 team is too extreme, but a slow reduction will make it more equitable between different leagues as there will be less money with the bigger clubs and less chances to qualify, and therefore players staying at 'smaller' clubs.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
R16 are usually like this actually. The Madrid-PSG, Bayern-Juventus clashes are the exception, not the rule

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I've a lot less interest in the CL since it's a virtual guarantee that City win it again.

Lyng

Lewandowski is such a weird player. Dogshit all game, and then he scores.

wr8_utd

:'(
Lewaondowski is slowly picking up form again off late after being utterly awful for several months.

wr8_utd

:'(
Yep. Worrying
I don't think their defense is anywhere close to being good enough this year to challenge for the league but I think, with some luck in the draw, they could be dark horses in the CL.

Lyng

I don't think their defense is anywhere close to being good enough this year to challenge for the league but I think, with some luck in the draw, they could be dark horses in the CL.
Not with that defense.

MiceOnMeth

No away goal really takes a lot of the tension out. Why did they get rid of it anyway?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Eeh. I don't know. I think in CL they could play a bit different, fix their defence. Their big big problem is defensive transition. The attack, if Lewandowski isn't missing chances, can be devastating

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No away goal really takes a lot of the tension out. Why did they get rid of it anyway?
Because it's much better this way. Now Barcelona for example still have to win the second leg to go through. The away goals rule often took the wind out of return legs

MiceOnMeth

You can tell when people haven't been watching a lot of non-PL leagues :lol:
I can barely muster the energy to watch United nevermind any other teams :lol: envious of all you lot who still have such a passion for footie

Ghostrider318

We shouldve gone for Diego Costa over Onana....

Costa having a poor WC and Onana having a great CL affected our decision making

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Napoli subs changed the game and the cnuts are reeling right now. Need the second now come on

Lyng

Lindstrøm has added some much needed intensity and movement to the Napoli offensive

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You can tell when people haven't been watching a lot of non-PL leagues :lol:
To be fair, for perennial CL teams, it’s pretty easy form an opinion on a player by just watching them the CL every year.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
I think Arsenal is respecting us too much, we are in a bad mental moment of the season and have several subpar players and they seem to be fine with the draw since the beginning.
85 minutes and Arsenal has 0 shots on target (we have 1).

always_hoping

Arsenal zero shots on target and Porto 1 with 85 minutes played. A real champions league classic.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think Arsenal is respecting us too much, we are in a bad mental moment of the season and have several subpar players and they seem to be fine with the draw since the beginning.
Nah Arsenal have had games like this throughout the season. They’re not always firing on all cylinders. They’ve looked pedestrian and toothless quite often to be honest.

luck&neat

Only been half-watching in fairness, but every time I look up at the Arsenal game there's a Porto player rolling about on the floor like he's been assaulted. Looks like a real shitfest of a game.

mu4c_20le

They haven't really played well, and seem to be holding back a bit knowing there is another leg back at home and a league fixture in three days.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
If we get through this round, I hope we get a home leg first. Don't want to see us do this again....even if it can work.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Confusing. I thought they were the best team in Europe and they were already in the next round.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Was literally about to say what a boring fecking game this was