Real Madrid (3) v Manchester United (2)| 1-1 / 2-1
Shakhtar Donetsk (2) v Borussia Dortmund (5) | 2-2 / 0-3
Celtic (0) v Juventus (5) | 0-3 / 0-2
Valencia (2) v Paris Saint-Germain (3) | 1-2 / 1-1
A.C. Milan (2) v F.C. Barcelona (4) | 2-0 / 0-4
Galatasaray (4) v Schalke 04 (3) | 1-1 / 3-2
Arsenal (3) v Bayern Munich (3)| 1-3 / 2-0
F.C. Porto (1) v Malaga (2)| 1-0 / 0-2

Active Goalscorers - Min. 2 goals scored (Updated as of March 14)
8 - Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Burak Yilmaz (Galatasaray)

7 - Lionel Messi (F.C. Barcelona),

5 - Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Paris Saint-Germain)

4 - Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Fabio Quagliarella (Juventus)

3 - Claudio Pizarro (Bayern Munich), Eliseu (Malaga), Arturo Vidal (Juventus), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich), Isco (Malaga)

2 - Duda (Malaga), Jose Callejon (Real Madrid), Joaquin (Malaga), Sebastian Giovinco (Juventus), Stephan El Shaarawy (A.C. Milan), Jeremy Menez (Paris Saint-Germain), Alex (Paris Saint-Germain), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris Saint-Germain), Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Mirko Vucinic (Juventus), Javier Pastore (Paris Saint-Germain), Mario Gotze (Borussia Dortmund), Alessandro Matri (Juventus), Jordi Alba (F.C. Barcelona)

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Oh shit didn't realise there were some matches this week! Time to change my Wednesday night plans!

kps88

Nothing really excites me apart from Arsenal's tie. Dortmund Shaktar would have been fun, shame it's on our night.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Can we think of a better name for what comes before the quarterfinal? It is 2013 and the English speaking world has yet to come up with anything. I'm quite disappointed.
I'm going to back to school on you here but, eighth-final? And I like it for other reasons :drool:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Can we think of a better name for what comes before the quarterfinal? It is 2013 and the English speaking world has yet to come up with anything. I'm quite disappointed.
They used to call it the eighth-finals, at least we've moved on from there. Just doesn't work at all.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
How about - The Champions League "Now this is the shit you're actually interested in" stage?

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
All three of the home nations sides have amazing mouthwatering ties. Obviously United/Real is the pick of the entire draw but Arsenal/Bayern and Celtic/Juve are also potentially classic games that I'm actually disappointed I'll not be able to watch with my undivided attention.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I posted a thread in the newbs about what the intersection of the post and the crossbar should be called. We came up with The Right Angle Of Uncertainty, which is a lot better than the responses to this thread.

For shame.

binary bot
Apart from our game it's a bit shit, I'll probably only watch the Arsenal game and don't see Celtic causing Juve many problems.

Moby

Dick
I posted a thread in the newbs about what the intersection of the post and the crossbar should be called. We came up with The Right Angle Of Uncertainty, which is a lot better than the responses to this thread.

For shame.
Blatantly copied from the corridor of uncertainty in cricket.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
All three of the home nations sides have amazing mouthwatering ties. Obviously United/Real is the pick of the entire draw but Arsenal/Bayern and Celtic/Juve are also potentially classic games that I'm actually disappointed I'll not be able to watch with my undivided attention.
Why not? They play on different days.

Excellent days of football coming up.

Keltoi

Was it always so spread out like this? I seem to remember 4 games on a tuesday and 4 on a wednesday followed by a 2 week break and then the same again. A month between the ties seems like a lot.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Was it always so spread out like this? I seem to remember 4 games on a tuesday and 4 on a wednesday followed by a 2 week break and then the same again. A month between the ties seems like a lot.
Yeah, it's only recently they've spread the games out. Used to be four games a night.

adexkola

Supports
The format changed last season I believe. It's much better this way, for the fans.

adexkola

Supports
I'll be watching the Porto and Galatasaray ties. Porto has always done well at this stage, and it would be interesting to see a Turkish team in the quarterfinals. Imagine a Manchester United - Galatasaray rematch :drool:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't wait for our game, it's basically our first really big two legged european tie since Bayern in 2009/10 season. The season after we basically got to the final without playing one of the big european teams really (not counting Chelsea because they're from the premier league, thinking more European teams).

Will probably watch Valencia v PSG on tuesday and then put our game on the tele and then Dortmund on my laptop on the side for Wednesday. Should be good.

Keltoi

I'll be watching the Porto and Galatasaray ties. Porto has always done well at this stage, and it would be interesting to see a Turkish team in the quarterfinals. Imagine a Manchester United - Galatasaray rematch :drool:
I'd definitely take that, easy win. I reckon we'd comfortably beat Celtic, Valencia, PSG, Arsenal, Porto, Malaga, Galatasary, Schalke and Milan. The only teams I'd fear (excluding madrid obviously) would be Juve, Barca, Dortmund and Munich. Shakhtar dont fit into either camp really, I reckon we'd come out on top but it'd be a tough tie.

Irwinwastheking

Apart from our game it's a bit shit, I'll probably only watch the Arsenal game and don't see Celtic causing Juve many problems.
I can see Celtic causing them plenty of problems, esp at Parkhead. Celtic are on a high ATM and Juve are nothing like the powerhouse they where.

Why not? They play on different days.

Excellent days of football coming up.
I work evenings and I've had to take wed and March 5th off for the United/Real games. I'll have the celtic game on at work but I'll not be able to concentrate on it.

JP77

I can see Celtic causing them plenty of problems, esp at Parkhead. Celtic are on a high ATM and Juve are nothing like the powerhouse they where.

I work evenings and I've had to take wed and March 5th off for the United/Real games. I'll have the celtic game on at work but I'll not be able to concentrate on it.
I take it you don't watch much of Juventus then? They're a world class striker away from matching every team around to be perfectly frank. Their midfield is up there with pretty much the best (and yes, that includes the beloved Barcelona), they've got the greatest keeper in the world and once Chiellini returns they'll be back to being arguably the best defensive unit in Europe. It's amazing how clueless some people are regarding Juve right now, probably the same people that claimed Italy were slow and defensive before Euro 2012 :lol:

Some think this is not that exciting of a round? Personally looks like one of the best drawn rounds for years upon years, some absolute crackers. I expect Juve to dominate in Turin and I even expect them to get at least a draw away (Got them down as a win tomorrow), should be a cracking game either way. United/Madrid will be a classic. Dortmund/Shakhtar has some mouth watering. Arsenal/Bayern could be a right brilliant tie. Milan, while having close to no real chance based on the way things are currently going, should at least create a good game against Barcelona. Gala are worth the watch and that actually has potential for a bloody good game. Overall a right cracking round here.

Irwinwastheking

And Celtic cause Barca problems home and away (granted Barca were already through for the home game).

I just think it wont be the pushover that many see it as being. I have zero loyalty to Celtic, but I would like to see them win that just for the upset and it would also mean there's a chance we'd get them in the next round which would be nice.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I take it you don't watch much of Juventus then? They're a world class striker away from matching every team around to be perfectly frank. Their midfield is up there with pretty much the best (and yes, that includes the beloved Barcelona), they've got the greatest keeper in the world and once Chiellini returns they'll be back to being arguably the best defensive unit in Europe. It's amazing how clueless some people are regarding Juve right now, probably the same people that claimed Italy were slow and defensive before Euro 2012 :lol:

Some think this is not that exciting of a round? Personally looks like one of the best drawn rounds for years upon years, some absolute crackers. I expect Juve to dominate in Turin and I even expect them to get at least a draw away (Got them down as a win tomorrow), should be a cracking game either way. United/Madrid will be a classic. Dortmund/Shakhtar has some mouth watering. Arsenal/Bayern could be a right brilliant tie. Milan, while having close to no real chance based on the way things are currently going, should at least create a good game against Barcelona. Gala are worth the watch and that actually has potential for a bloody good game. Overall a right cracking round here.
Their midfield isn't as good as the "beloved" Barcelona's. It's a cracking midfield but not that good.

I'll be surprised if they win tomorrow. We rarely lose at home in Europe.