Champions League Semi Finals (30th April - 8th May)

Infra-red

Have to say, the Champions League has been great entertainment this year - Ajax knocking out Juve and Real, our comeback away at PSG, Liverpool's comeback vs Barca, the insane City-Spurs second leg and tonight. A truly crazy year.

Treble

Fecking gutted for Ajax tbh. Congrats to Spurs, these semi finals have been ridiculous. Who the feck would have predicted a Liverpool - spurs final back when they were both looking like they'd get knocked out of the group stage?
Think both Liverpool and Spurs were unluky in the first games. Both deserved to go to the final.

Cloud7

Yes it has, unfortunately not much for us United fan. However, we did have that honeymoon period.....
After we started the season with Mourinho I knew there wasn’t going to be anything for us in this season. Outside of United this season has been amazing.

arthurka

Congratz to our many Spurs fans, brilliant comeback. Now do us all a favour and win that final.. please for the love of god.

saivet

If Chelsea and Arsenal make it to the EL final, would this be the first time all 4 teams in the finals to be from one league?
Feel like Spain may have done it fairly recently, in one of those Madrid derby CL finals..

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
feck sake wanted Ajax not spurs. Ajax leave huge spaces, Spurs are a bastard to play against.

Scarlet_Emperor

Supports
CR Flamengo
CL Semi Finals , English football at its very best , showing the rest of Europe how we can play football.
Now I hope England NT starts showing off and keep improving its performance step by step, unlike what happened during 2002-10 period.

always_hoping

Another drama filled night of Champions league. My heart goes out to Ajax what a way to miss out on a final but fair play to spurs for rolling up their sleeves when all looked lost at half time. I thought Spurs had blew it when Vertonghen missed that late chance and lets be honest Spurs had to win that tie after knocking probably the best side in Europe out in the last round.

Had a bit of luck also as Ajax missed a lot of chances but fortune favours the brave and Poch in tears shows why this is the world most beautiful game.

Reactions: SteveJ

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Fecks sake, congratulations and all, but this match was just crazy. Another incoherent, sudden defensive meltdown and an unlikely performance by Moura, and Llorente at his best since 2010. Late goal at the 95 min. ffs. This reeks even harder than Chelsea 2012.

Hope you beat Liverpool, of course.
Me too
@InLevyITrust @balaks @SquishyMcSquish , ok, fine @GlastonSpur too, congrats boys.

But, if you don't win, you'll be banned, nice little sugestion to @Damien
Gah I’m thinking too many things right now, Kane apparently was close to playing tonight... I honestly wouldn’t play him, let the guys who played to night do it.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Ajax are probably the better team, but Liverpool are literally built to destroy teams like them. As such I'm glad Spurs got the win as they've probably got the better chance.

Plus my old man's a Spurs supporter so if they win it'll be one of, if not the biggest ever sporting moment for him.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Completely forgot I had a bet on Spurs to qualify. :lol:

Only 2 quid though.

Imagine if anyone had a bet on Spurs and Liverpool to go through at half time in each game. @duffer........?
I had liverpool at 20-1 pre match for £5.

I'm buying borderlands 3 deluxe version with the winnings. Every cloud....

Didn't even think to take Spurs at HT. Damn

AJ10

So CL this season
PSG bottled it.
Ctiy bottled it.
Barca bottled it.
Ajax bottled it.

And now we have a final featuring klopp a weatherman who bottles finals vs spurs who have a thing for bottling.

What a final, the winner will be the one who doesn't bottle it..... this time.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
There is nothing in sports like the Champions League. The day they change the format of this competition will be one of the saddest days for football.

izec

There is nothing in sports like the Champions League. The day they change the format of this competition will be one of the saddest days for football.
arent they changing the away goals rule already? The rest will also be slowly changed, in a few years the competition wont be the same.

redshaw

Trust English teams to bring the drama.

Bayern call themselves FC Hollywood but it's daytime TV compared to what English teams bring to the CL.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just seen the winner. Think which ever Ajax CB slipped there was huge as think they'd have got ahead of Moura and cleared it upfield and that would've been that. The ball has run for Spurs in Knock outs but they've made it happen.

Llorente also played huge part in the goal. 50/50 ball and he held off Blind with ease and knocked it centrally.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I missed most of the match but when I saw it was 2:0 after 50 odd minutes I said “no mad comeback from 3 goals down tonight”.

Then I turned it on after 60 minutes :eek:

Didn’t think Spurs had it in them. Fair play, happy for them. A club I have a soft spot for.

Now please please please beat the scousers!

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Does this final now mean an extra CL place for a fifth English team?

Classical Mechanic

Just seen the winner. Think which ever Ajax CB slipped there was huge as think they'd have got ahead of Moura and cleared it upfield and that would've been that. The ball has run for Spurs in Knock outs but they've made it happen.

Llorente also played huge part in the goal. 50/50 ball and he held off Blind with ease and knocked it centrally.
He bullied Blind all second half to be fair. Poch saw the weakness and exploited it.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I still tip Liverpool for the cup. I think this time they will end their losing streak in finals, esp with their big guns back.

SqueakyWeasel

Does this final now mean an extra CL place for a fifth English team?
Only if Chelsea or Arsenal end up out of the top four and win the EL
EDIT: As it turns out I think it would have been more painful if we'd have won at Huddersfield and Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal had all lost on the last day (while we win at Cardiff). That would leave Chelsea third and us fourth!

But then if Arsenal won the EL and Spurs won the CL we'd be where we are now :lol:

cnuts the lot of 'em! :nono: