Champions League Semi Finals (30th April - 8th May)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Not sure if it was just me but did we start playing a little better when Salah went off against Newcastle? Not that we were going to beat Barcelona by 4 goals anyway.
No we were worse. We only created one chance after he went off and it was from a free kick we were lucky to get.

Josh 76

If the Scousers pull this off, with being 3-0 down, the injuries, hard game against Newcastle a couple of days earlier, Barca resting their whole team on Saturday....
I will go to Anfield myself in a Liverpool shirt and kiss Klopps yellow teeth!

If the Scousers pull this off, with being 3-0 down, the injuries, hard game against Newcastle a couple of days earlier, Barca resting their whole team on Saturday....
I will go to Anfield myself in a Liverpool shirt and kiss Klopps yellow teeth!
Klopp no longer has yellow teeth .But they could be displayed at Liverpool's FC museum.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
What a nice, friendly post.

I actually quite like Barcelona fyi. Very frustrated with the way they've been knocked out of CL over the past few years while Madrid and Ronaldo kept winning the tournament back to back. The fact is that they were favored against all those teams and had meltdowns in important games.
My apologies Seij, let me clarify, you deserve a better response than that.

In regards to bottling it I think Atletico in 2016 and Roma last year were clear bottle jobs.

However Juventus were just magnificent and clinical in that first leg. Barca had some bad luck but Juventus deserved to go through. They were a defensive wall that season.

PSG performance in the first leg was terrible. Their away record is what really hurts them as they have one of the all time great CL home record streaks which still continues today. Even during the Pep era they were poor in away matches.

I think they'll get past Liverpool, but I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't very anxious about Ajax, their midfield is devastating and they're fearless.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
If Liverpool had beaten Barcelona 3-0 in the first leg,would ye have fancied yer chances tmro with the two lads out?
Pool would've parked the bus and probably hurt Barca on the counter nicking a goal and lose 3-1 at the most at home.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Klopp just said Salah is out and won't play against Barcelona

so the chance of Liverpool going through probably went from 0.01% to 0.00001%
Really don't feel confident of Liverpool beating even Cardiff without Salah and Firmino, nevermind Barcelona
They play Wolves next weekend but Wolves have nothing to play for.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
If Liverpool had beaten Barcelona 3-0 in the first leg,would ye have fancied yer chances tmro with the two lads out?
100%.

I think I'm right in saying that before the Barcelona game we hadn't conceded 3 in a game all season?

Last edited by a moderator:

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
You think that’s a reality, that both will miss the game, or just gamesmanship?
If true that’s a terrible blow; the scousers can get their excuses in early.

always_hoping

I hope Barcelona are fully tuned in for this 2nd leg. Would be easy to think the tie is over 3-0 up and Liverpool without Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino. Complacency in team sport is a killer and if Liverpool get a goal in the first ten minutes Anfield will be rocking.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You think that’s a reality, that both will miss the game, or just gamesmanship?
If true that’s a terrible blow; the scousers can get their excuses in early.
Salah should play on Sunday. Standard practice after a head injury like that is 6 days out.

Firmino's one we don't know about for Sunday but definitely a no for tomorrow.

Just seen a rumour Van Dijk might miss out too. :lol::nervous:

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Salah should play on Sunday. Standard practice after a head injury like that is 6 days out.

Firmino's one we don't know about for Sunday but definitely a no for tomorrow.

Just seen a rumour Van Dijk might miss out too. :lol::nervous:
What the hell is wrong with VVD?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Not sure what this had to do with my comment. I was referring to Cardiff as an example of a relegation team, not that they're playing Cardiff again.
Thought you meant they were playing Cardiff

Cardiff catually did well/better than expected against Liverpool when they had everyone healthy a few weeks ago.

Videos doing the rounds of the scousers setting off fireworks outside the Barcelona hotel last night. Full of class aren't they.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
It's Dembele, hardly Messi or Suarez

They're without Salah and Firmino, not sure I'd call that luck, regardless they're out anyway so it's academic.
What are the chances of at least one of those being on the team-sheet? I won't be convinced they're actually out till it comes out.

Dembele has scored key goals this season for Barca, been injured a lot as well. They have a massive squad anyway so should be able to cover. I think we'll see Roberto in midfield from the start this time, with Barca in 4 4 2 / 4 5 1 as Messi will drop deep a lot.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Klopp was talking about Brewster starting in his press conference, bit of a random one.

Would imagine Origi will come in. Tie was settled in last 10 minutes of first leg anyway.

Liverpool could win but it will be 3-2 or something.

Classical Mechanic

Klopp was talking about Brewster starting in his press conference, bit of a random one.

Would imagine Origi will come in. Tie was settled in last 10 minutes of first leg anyway.

Liverpool could win but it will be 3-2 or something.
Think Brewster's style fits better with Liverpool's system than Sturridge's or Origi's. I guess its play two known inadequate players or gamble on youth.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Think Brewster's style fits better with Liverpool's system than Sturridge's or Origi's. I guess its play two known inadequate players or gamble on youth.
Indeed, give me Brewster over Origi any day of the week.

Can't get myself excited for tonight, it's such a dead rubber game but you can hardly not watch a CL SF.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
It’s Dembele! From what I saw in the first leg he’s a cabbage.No loss.
He’s comfortably been our second best attacker all season. Had a rough go in the first leg but he absolutely would have started today if he was healthy

Liverpool have their share of injuries as well

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Indeed, give me Brewster over Origi any day of the week.

Can't get myself excited for tonight, it's such a dead rubber game but you can hardly not watch a CL SF.
It's not that much of a dead rubber, sure I can understand difficulty getting up for it but score an early goal, get the Anfield crowd behind you and there is still a big chance.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Quiet day at work going back all that way? :p

I regret nothing - Messi was nothing special in the first leg imo.
He wasn't against us either, still scored 4 goals across both games against us and you. Little cnut

Still got this horrible feeling that Liverpool against all the odds will have one of those magical.... urgh I cant even finish the sentence

Charlie Foley

Quiet day at work going back all that way? :p

I regret nothing - Messi was nothing special in the first leg imo.
At the beach and haven’t got out of bed yet :lol: well I did but it was to take the dog out.
Anyway, no, I opened this thread and it was a few pages back, and saw a gif of Messi counting to 3 in response to your comment. I guess first unread post? Didn’t take any searching at all :angel: