Champions League Semi Finals (30th April - 8th May)

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I'm torn between wanting to see Liverpool capitulate and wanting them to make it an entertaining watch by getting an early goal. The reaction alone on here would be worth it though if they somehow managed to progress against all odds, but they've got a far better chance of still winning the league than they have of overturning the three goal deficit.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We'll score early then Barcelona will equalize, killing the tie.

Hope Brewster gets a run out tonight.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I'm torn between wanting to see Liverpool capitulate and wanting them to make it an entertaining watch by getting an early goal. The reaction alone on here would be worth it though if they somehow managed to progress against all odds, but they've got a far better chance of still winning the league than they have of overturning the three goal deficit.
I’m confused. This is the same thing, surely? ;)

Hoof the ball

Quiet day at work going back all that way? :p

I regret nothing - Messi was nothing special in the first leg imo.
As a direct consequence of Barça not playing especially well with the ball, it's entirely expected that one single player isn't going to dribble past five players, hit multiple through balls or dominate on the ball if his teammates aren't having good games.

Good performances are contextual. A good game for an individual player when his team isn't playing well is contextually different than a good game for the same individual player when his team have the ball a lot more.

nycender

FFS you would think it was Liverpool with a 3-0 lead going into the second leg with Barca missing 2 of their best offensive weapons reading this thread. If you're bricking it enough to think Origi and Sturridge will overhaul a 3 goal deficit against a team with the best player to ever touch a football you ought to get your bets in now. It isn't happening lads.

Reactions: Niall

FerociousCorgis

Hope pool win this one by enough to advance.

So they can lose to Ajax in final and be even funnier

Josh 76

FFS you would think it was Liverpool with a 3-0 lead going into the second leg with Barca missing 2 of their best offensive weapons reading this thread. If you're bricking it enough to think Origi and Sturridge will overhaul a 3 goal deficit against a team with the best player to ever touch a football you ought to get your bets in now. It isn't happening lads.
:lol:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Man the big games keep coming thick and fast. Oh for the days when we were in the thick of it ourselves at this time of the season.

If Liverpool get an early goal tonight it could get real interesting. A second after that and Barcelona could really start to shit their pants. The first leg score really flattered Barca and if it turns into one of those away team falls apart at Anfield type of nights, anything could happen.

Hopefully it won’t go that way and Barca will show cool heads and “use their experience” to see this tie through :nervous:

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Man the big games keep coming thick and fast. Oh for the days when we were in the thick of it ourselves at this time of the season.

If Liverpool get an early goal tonight it could get real interesting. A second after that and Barcelona could really start to shit their pants. The first leg score really flattered Barca and if it turns into one of those away team falls apart at Anfield type of nights, anything could happen.

Hopefully it won’t go that way and Barca will show cool heads and “use their experience” to see this tie through.
Salah and Firmino are not playing.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

About as good as it's going to get I guess. Chamberlain injured whilst warming up during the Newcastle game.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If barcelona manage to go out tonight i might actually wank myself to death :lol:

Good gods, shaquiri and origi :lol:

Cal?

CR7 fan
If barcelona manage to go out tonight i might actually wank myself to death :lol:

Good gods, shaquiri and origi :lol:
Whilst I’d be devastated with the Scousers in the final, at least the meltdown by the Messi brigade will be something to pick me up. ;)

Giggs86

Hope Barca demolish them as pool storm all out to get an early goal. Suarez and Klopp to have a go at each other for extra entertainment value.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
That frontline and bench :lol: we’re so fecked tonight. Shame cause I really wanted to see us at full strength against Barca. Hopefully TAA and Robertson can pop something on Origi and Manes heads and at least make it vaguely interesting.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Matip is a bit of a weak point at the back I think.

Surprised to see Wijnaldum out of the team.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Really thought Liverpool pulling a fast one with the injuries.

Looks difficult but with an early goal still possible.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I bet 5 quid at 20-1 earlier today on Liverpool to qualify. If I’d waited for the line ups I reckon I could have gotten 40-1

Edit: odds have actually gone down to 18-1 :houllier:

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
It would be hilarious if Barça scores first after all the big talk about Liverpool scoring 2 in the first 25 minutes and running-pressing like demons, the terror of Anfield and blah blah blah...

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
It would be hilarious if Barça scores first after all the big talk about Liverpool scoring 2 in the first 25 minutes and running-pressing like demons, the terror of Anfield and blah blah blah...
Where are you getting this from? No ones suggested Liverpool are favorites in any way.