Champions League Semi Finals (9th - 17th May)

Chicharo

City were bound to win the CL at some point. It's almost unbelievable how they missed their opportunities to reach the final before.
What I fear the most is that they won't stop here. If Pep stays, they could build a dynasty

But now, I hope ETH finds the way to beat them in the FA Cup. How? I have no clue...

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
All through cheating and corruption. Never forget that. This City side are nothing like Sir Alex’s teams, as much as the media would have you believe otherwise.
All I’m talking about is dominance on the pitch. Some of these title wins vs Liverpool going down to the wire or even Arsenal behind behind by 8 points where they are not allowed to make one slip up in order to catch up shows a lot of CL metal.

I do wonder if Pep fancies staying at city for the next 15 years and dethroning United and Liverpool. Personally I don’t believe it but as long as Pep is there this city team will not be going away.

Cloud7

Camavinga is catching too much flak in here for a midfielder being played at LB

Oranges038

Not surpised by this.

The standard across-the-board in European football is at a very low ebb in my opnion. There's just not a great spread of top class players anymore across the top teams.

RedDevilQuebecois

So where's Carlo off to?
Probably in Vancouver, Canada as his current wife is a Canadian-born woman.

I don't think he will manage the Whitecaps, but I can see the Canadian Soccer Federation offering him a senior position. I would love to see him work as a technical director for Canada.

Cpt Negative

City were bound to win the CL at some point. It's almost unbelievable how they missed their opportunities to reach the final before.
What I fear the most is that they won't stop here. If Pep stays, they could build a dynasty

But now, I hope ETH finds the way to beat them in the FA Cup. How? I have no clue...
Hopefully the same way we beat them in January. Little bit of luck, decision go our way

redcucumber

All I’m talking about is dominance on the pitch. Some of these title wins vs Liverpool going down to the wire or even Arsenal behind behind by 8 points where they are not allowed to make one slip up in order to catch up shows a lot of CL metal.

I do wonder if Pep fancies staying at city for the next 15 years and dethroning United and Liverpool. Personally I don’t believe it but as long as Pep is there this city team will not be going away.
That is testament to Arsenal and Liverpool way more so than it is City, who obviously cheated to get here. It's farcical.

Huddsred

Not surpised by this.

The standard across-the-board in European football is at a very low ebb in my opnion. There's just not a great spread of top class players anymore across the top teams.
Madrid and Barca still have top players, regardless of the performance tonight, and PSG have Mbappe, but the rest are all over here.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Well, they’re gonna do 3 leagues in a row and the treble. But even then it took endless financial doping and 115 rules broken.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The standard across Europe is at one of its lowest points in recent years but this City is annoyingly far too good.

Oranges038

Madrid and Barca still have top players, regardless of the performance tonight, but the rest are all over here.
Nah, this period reminds of 2000-2005/2006. Then you had a few years where some really top class players came to the fore across Europe.

Standard of European football overall was quite poor then, too many disjointed teams with aging players and nothing of note coming through.

Seems to be that way again now.

Just Hope

He's not a left-back, and the 30M they paid was a bargain.
Oh I didn't know they got him for that cheap, nice deal then.

weird i thought it was impossible to find strikers for less than 100 million? How much did city pay for alvarez hmmm
While I agree with the importance of having an outstanding scouting network, the situation between clubs couldn't be more different. The pressure here would be immense and the patience thing. He is still performing at City thought, that shot was pure cold blood.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
He can feck right off, any half decent manager with the money he has spent could have done the same, he deserves feck all
Other oil clubs like Chelsea and PSG have never played as well as City does and I think they've had more than one "half decent manager"

Huddsred

Gavi
Nah, this period reminds of 2000-2005/2006. Then you had a few years where some really top class players came to the fore across Europe.

Standard of European football overall was quite poor then, too many disjointed teams with aging players and nothing of note coming through.

Seems to be that way again now.
Mbappe, Vinicius, Gavi, Pedri, Bellingham. Nothing of note coming through?

wr8_utd

:'(
City this year remind me a lot more of Pep's Barca teams in terms of them doing enough in the away matches and then demolishing teams at home.

lex talionis

United dispatched Barcelona and now City dispatched Real Madrid. Are there any doubters left that the EPL is the strongest league on the planet?

Wilt

Fair point, but look what we bought and what they bought.
Fair enough Pep is a good manager.
The thought of City winning the Treble is gutting
Understandable you’re gutted but there’s no denying Pep hate him or otherwise is a top manager.

Just seems Pep buys very good players and turns them into great players ….could be argued Utd do the opposite….

Pintu

Other oil clubs like Chelsea and PSG have never played as well as City does and I think they've had more than one "half decent manager"
One that stayed there for more than 3 years to assemble a team really play his system? Which managers are you thinking of.

Siorac

One that stayed there for more than 3 years to assemble a team really play his system? Which managers are you thinking of.
Guardiola didn't need more than 3 years to assemble a team to really play his system. They smashed the Premier League in his second season, getting a 100 points, scoring 106 goals.