Champions!

Chabon

It's almost as if people haven't noticed how bad City have been this year and are stuck in April/May 2012.
City weren't even in that good in last year's run-in, we just bottled it ridiculously. They've only been properly great under Mancini in the three months between August and November 2011. They're not a great side, nowhere near. Winning every match in the run-in? feck, it was more likely that QPR would stay up.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
City weren't even in that good in last year's run-in, we just bottled it ridiculously. They've only been properly great under Mancini in the three months between August and November 2011. They're not a great side, nowhere near. Winning every match in the run-in? feck, it was more likely that QPR would stay up.
They did win their last 6 which is essentially what mattered. Last year you knew they had that solidity and the players had the balls to go down the pitch and score.

Apart from us bending over for them a couple of weeks ago, I don't know how anyone got the feeling that they'd suddenly redeveloped last years ruthlessness at the business end.

As you say last year we lost it ourselves, but did anyone think that was possible two years on the bounce whilst Man City offer nothing other than inconsistency? They've been closer to 3rd than 1st for the most-part of 2013.

NoLogo

It's almost as if people haven't noticed how bad City have been this year and are stuck in April/May 2012.

They've been putting in 1 championship-form display a month all season, if that. Last year needs writing off, it was never going to happen. They've lacked balls and character for the most-part of 2013 and today was the icing on the cake.
Actually City being so shit this year was the main reason that convinced me we wouldn't lose the title in the last minutes like last year.

We might be in a form crisis right now but it's not like City is walking the league atm either.

Siorac

Van Pursestring :lol:

Yeah, he's going to win the trophy that he never could during eight years at Arsenal in his first United season. Obviously the move was all about the money.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
So, at the beginning of the season - did any Caf gimps make some promises if we win the league? Eat my hat, streaking...???? Anyone recall any such promises? Time to pay up mofos

Platato

Psst!
Piers you unhappy sod. Gunners have to realise the truth now. Not about money fools.

lysglimt

Scout
It's so important for other players to look at the van Persies and know : 1 season at United and he won the league - at Arsenal he didn't!

Maajid

Formerly Mad
When we won it with 3 games to spare in 00/01 we lost all our remaining games. Not to put a dampener on it, but I hope that doesn't happen again.
And that remains the last time we lost three consecutive games if I'm not mistaken.

stubie

Tomorrow night will be like May 1993 against Blackburn.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Piers is hideously unbearable on Twitter.

Don't quite understand what makes him a traitor though. He's one of the best strikers in Europe, and Arsenal haven't looked like challenging for some time. Joining a club that is likely to push for trophies whilst he is at the peak of his career doesn't really make him a traitor. He didn't exactly wait out his contract so he could leave for free. Arsenal got £25million for a 29 year old. That's pretty fine business from their perspective.

How is RvP the traitor, yet Fabregas is still fan favourite? Both left for better clubs, for success. He dubs RVP the biggest traitor in Arsenal history, but I don't see what he did any worse than the Ashley Cole transfer either. The guy is just a bitter tosser.

MUFCgal

Piers is hideously unbearable on Twitter.

Don't quite understand what makes him a traitor though. He's one of the best strikers in Europe, and Arsenal haven't looked like challenging for some time. Joining a club that is likely to push for trophies whilst he is at the peak of his career doesn't really make him a traitor. He didn't exactly wait out his contract so he could leave for free. Arsenal got £25million for a 29 year old. That's pretty fine business from their perspective.

How is RvP the traitor, yet Fabregas is still fan favourite? Both left for better clubs, for success.
Arsenal fans would say that Fabregas went back to his boyhood club, while Van Persie went to one of Arsenal's rivals.

Revan

Assumptionman
Let's try to make 20 champions threads before we get the twentieth title.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Strange but feels like something is missing and the title is not enough. Still hard to accept how we got kicked out in the FA Cup and CL

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This is going to look so embarrassing when we lose all our remaining games and City win the league!

Shark

@NotShark
Strange but feels like something is missing and the title is not enough. Still hard to accept how we got kicked out in the FA Cup and CL
Not for me. The title was always the number one priority after last seasons events.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's probably because of a manner in which we'll have won it, there has hardly been any excitement in the league because we ran away in February/March and ever since City lost to Southampton it's been clear that there is no way back for them in this race. If this was a last day victory you wouldn't be getting this feeling at all.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Mercury stole that from Liams' cousin