Champions!

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Villa will fight for their lives to get a draw, can't see it happening tomorrow in all honesty. Would be sweeter if it was at Emirates :D

Revan

Assumptionman
Villa will fight for their lives to get a draw, can't see it happening tomorrow in all honesty. Would be sweeter if it was at Emirates :D
Nah. It would be better if Arsenal make the circle of honor for RVP. Pierce Morgan will be even more precious than now.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Nah. It would be better if Arsenal make the circle of honor for RVP. Pierce Morgan will be even more precious than now.
I'm not sure, a 90th minute winner from RVP at the Emirates to clinch the title sounds pretty amazing.

Having a few nobodies clap him out onto the pitch or winning it at the place you couldn't win it for 8 years...OR knowing us, neither because we'll be incredibly complacent.

Either way, number 20 is due.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Nah. I am very confident that we can get the job done today. Its at home and thats the most important thing. The crowd is going to be buzzing.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Yup, can't afford any more feck ups,

Win this and get this done, anything can happen with Arsenal and Chelsea, and if we lose both the last day can be very messy

It's a long shot to be fair, but I'd still prefer we have it officially asap, rather than being complacent and face potential stupid complacency.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Yeah I want us to beat Villa so Wigan have a chance of surviving as well. Thats an added reason.

Siorac

Oh come on, there's a reason we have 81 points and Villa have 34. It's because we're a much better team and they are shite. We shouldn't exactly lack motivation: a title party at home should be more than enough to get the team going.

I'm hoping for a classy performance, one worthy of champions. No damp squib a la Arsenal 2009 please.

Castia

Get it done tonight the players should be well up for it, we should hammer Villa if we are anywhere near our best.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Turning up at the Emirates as champions will be genius!

It will be so much better to confirm it tonight then need anything there though, as so few fans will be there to see it.

I'll be at the Emirates, but in the Arsenal end, so that'd be a bizarre feeling!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Would Arsenal definitely go a Guard of Honour? I hadnt even considered it to be honest, and even now I cant really see it.
Yeah they almost certainly will... as it's the right thing to do. We've given Chelsea a guard of honour before and they've done the same to us... it's the done thing and I imagine Wenger will make his players to do it regardless of whether they want to or not.

I think we'll get a guard of honour from all our remaining opponents. Why wouldnt they. They dream of having one themselves, so they'd be happy to do it. The fans might not be, but the players would
Nah, that never happens. It's the first game after you win the league and thats it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Win this and get this done, anything can happen with Arsenal and Chelsea, and if we lose both the last day can be very messy

It's a long shot to be fair, but I'd still prefer we have it officially asap, rather than being complacent and face potential stupid complacency.
Exactly. One draw between now and the end of season and it'll become very, very tight. 13 points is nothing when there are 15 to play for.

togg

bloody hell...you're not still thinking we could blow it are you? And I thought I was being over cautious and a worrier!!!!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Don't care about the Emirates. Who on earth wouldn't want us to win it at Old Trafford? I thought the Emirates was the earliest we could win it before yesterday as I didn't see City slipping up, but now we can win it at home, and that is a much better prospect, especially for the fans.

RvP can hopefully go to the Emirates already a Champion, proving that he was right to move, and negating all this "Traitor Van Pursestrings" garbage that Piers Morgan hashtags everytime he logs in to Twitter.

Hopefully winning it tonight will mean we play without pressure and caution for remaining games and see out the season with a bit of style, score as many goals as possible and go for the 96 points.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
bloody hell...you're not still thinking we could blow it are you? And I thought I was being over cautious and a worrier!!!!
If we don't win at villa, anything can happen between Arsenal and Chelsea, specially with our morale goes as the slump continues into the last days, it can easilly build up if we can't sew it up in either Arsenal and Chelsea

If it comes to that, the last day is going to be very nervy no matter what, and why risk it, if it's up to me I'd take it here and now

togg

Don't care about the Emirates. Who on earth wouldn't want us to win it at Old Trafford? I thought the Emirates was the earliest we could win it before yesterday as I didn't see City slipping up, but now we can win it at home, and that is a much better prospect, especially for the fans.

RvP can hopefully go to the Emirates already a Champion, proving that he was right to move, and negating all this "Traitor Van Pursestrings" garbage that Piers Morgan hashtags everytime he logs in to Twitter.
Hopefully winning it tonight will mean we play without pressure and caution for remaining games and see out the season with a bit of style, score as many goals as possible and go for the 96 points.

The other thing about winning it tonight and RVP, is that after all this time he can really let go and celebrate winning it, if we won it at Emirates he would probably, and quite understandably, be quite restrained through a dignified respect. He's that kind of guy really...I want him to taste it, smell it, hear it and enjoy the massive contribution he has made in getting it..

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If we don't win at villa, anything can happen between Arsenal and Chelsea, specially with our morale goes as the slump continues into the last days, it can easilly build up if we can't sew it up in either Arsenal and Chelsea

If it comes to that, the last day is going to be very nervy no matter what, and why risk it, if it's up to me I'd take it here and now
Exactly. It's not unthinkable that we get less than 3 points out of 15 remaining and City win all their remaining games. Currently I'd say we have a 55% chance of winning the league.

steeeb

does this guard of honor comes up as tradition? or was it invented recentlY?
I think we did it when Chelsea beat us to stop it happening again (In the PL). It may well of happened in other leagues first though - and then we borrowed it to drill it in to the players.

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w

I unfollowed PM on twitter ages and my life is better for it :smirk:

Skywarden

I couldn't care less about the GOH itself, but rather, I'd very much enjoy the symbolism of RVP walking out on the Emirates pitch as Manchester United Premier League champion.

Adebesi

Yeah they almost certainly will... as it's the right thing to do. We've given Chelsea a guard of honour before and they've done the same to us... it's the done thing and I imagine Wenger will make his players to do it regardless of whether they want to or not.
I guess you are right. When I think of the GOH I do think of us doing it for Chelsea and then them returning the favour. I remember it as somethign bilateral, the gesture of a vanquished foe, as opposed to a gesture expected of every team you face after you won the league. I had no recollection of West Ham doing it for us in 2007, for example. So yes, Arsenal wouldnt look good not doing it now, despite the fact this is quite a new thing.

Sir A1ex

Exactly. It's not unthinkable that we get less than 3 points out of 15 remaining and City win all their remaining games. Currently I'd say we have a 55% chance of winning the league.
:lol:

I'll admit I took this seriously for a second and was about to post a reply arguning against it. Then I re-read it and had a word with myself!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It would just be so fitting wouldn't it? RVP walking past his teammates with a shitting-eating grain thats says "this could be you... if you were as good as me... and there's only really you Jack that this could possibly apply to, the rest of you arn't fit to shine my boots... so here's to another trophy-less season fellas, get used to... hahah you're starting Gervinho?!? You mental bastards" (Yes... there is a smile for this).

It would be beautiful... so beautiful that I would be forced to write a Poem about it... it would rhyme and everything.

Cevno

10 appearances to get a medal, right ?

So Lindergaard is the only one outside of those with a chance to get a medal. Needs 2 more appearances.

Agent Red

Half expect John Terry to be spotted celebrating in that mix of players